IGNORED

Chambers Bay Question

CLPotter
Note: This thread is 2964 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'll be traveling to Seattle for Memorial Day weekend and figured while I was in the area, I would try and play Chambers Bay. I called to make a tee time, but since I'll be playing as a single, I was told I couldn't reserve a tee time. I was obviously a bit confused and asked why. Was told that their system only allows for foursomes to reserve a tee time. Still confused, I asked "well, if I just show up, can I just walk on?" The lady on the phone said "of course, but we usually get pretty booked up in advance." Net/net, the solution is to wait until a threesome reserves a tee time (so that there's an opening for one), then I can reserve my tee time. 

I have never heard of such a weird thing. I kind of understand, but not really. Is anyone familiar with this practice at CB and do you know if what I was told was accurate? I have a specific time I was hoping to play, which I why I called 90 days in advance (that's the soonest they allow). Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks  

Edited by CLPotter

Seems normal to me. A popular course like that doesn't need the hassle of juggling around tee times when they know they can fill the tee sheet with foursomes well in advance.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 minutes ago, CLPotter said:

I'll be traveling to Seattle for Memorial Day weekend and figured while I was in the area, I would try and play Chambers Bay. I called to make a tee time, but since I'll be playing as a single, I was told I couldn't reserve a tee time. I was obviously a bit confused and asked why. Was told that their system only allows for foursomes to reserve a tee time. Still confused, I asked "well, if I just show up, can I just walk on?" The lady on the phone said "of course, but we usually get pretty booked up in advance." Net/net, the solution is to wait until a threesome reserves a tee time (so that there's an opening for one), then I can reserve my tee time. 

I have never heard of such a weird thing. I kind of understand, but not really. Is anyone familiar with this practice at CB and do you know if what I was told was accurate? I have a specific time I was hoping to play, which I why I called 90 days in advance (that's the soonest they allow). Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks  

I played there as a single last month and was told the exact same thing. I called a week before and they added me to a threesome. This was January 30th and they were booked solid that day. Most courses I've played don't make tee times for singles bit are more than happy to get you squeezed in somewhere. 

This is common practice out here in Socal.  Very few courses will allow you to make tee times as a single.  You walk on, hope there isn't a tournament and hope they're not too busy, and you get on when you get on.  It's not difficult usually, but Chambers Bay is obviously a different story. Good luck!

Chambers Bay has an online reservation system which does allow you to make a time as a single - I did that 3 years ago and I just checked the Chambers Bay site and that online system still seems to be there and still seems to offer reservations from foursomes down to singles.

Now it might be tougher to get a slot as a single if you are looking for a spot within a couple of weeks - but when I made my reservation it was some 4-5 months in advance.

5 hours ago, Coronagolfman said:

Chambers Bay has an online reservation system which does allow you to make a time as a single - I did that 3 years ago and I just checked the Chambers Bay site and that online system still seems to be there and still seems to offer reservations from foursomes down to singles.

Now it might be tougher to get a slot as a single if you are looking for a spot within a couple of weeks - but when I made my reservation it was some 4-5 months in advance.

Yeah, I've checked the website. The only times I can reserve are when a threesome has already made a reservation. Of all the tee times available on the day I want to play, there's only two open that needs a single. Unfortunately, those open times are in the morning and I don't get int town until the early afternoon. 

I'm sure something will come available when I want to play. 

Note: This thread is 2964 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!