IGNORED

Orlando Golf trip in Feb.

cemeb4dk
Note: This thread is 6052 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yes I spoke to someone on the phone at disney golf and they said 14 days in advance. I also read it somewhere on their site.

The way it works with the DVC membership is you pay for a DVC membership golf card and the cost is $50 and its good for a year. This entitles you to discounted rates, some are up to 50% off. Like right now its a slower time all the tracks are $50. When we are going I believe they are all 74-79 bucks a round. The discount applies to your entire foursome. So in my opinion its makes it a hard to beat deal.

Driver: G10 10.5 v2 shaft
3 wood: g10
Irons: I5's green dot
Putter: G5 anser
Wedges: CG12, 52*, 56*Ball: : E6+

The Mrs and I are going on the 30th.We are playing the following

North Shore
Ridgrwood lakes

Stonegate
Highlands preserve

Just a quick 4 day get out of the cold trip.18-36-36-18

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Yes I spoke to someone on the phone at disney golf and they said 14 days in advance. I also read it somewhere on their site.

You can't beat that...I just played a place north of WDW called Forest Lakes of Ocoee and they were $50.00. Nice track right off 429 (the new toll road, 20 minutes). The greens were a little fuzzy, but it was worth it to play. The pace was under 4 hours, they have a new GPS system, there are no houses and some really nice elevations.

I am guessing that the DVC deal is only good if you are already a DVC member.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5* | Rad Tour 18.5* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

• 2 weeks later...
I am confirmed for the magnolia and the osprey on Friday the 8th. Need to call tomorrow and book the palm for Saturday the 9th. The green fees are normally $169 due to the vacation club getting them for $89 a round. So it really makes it a hard deal to pass up. I didn't really want to play 3 disney courses but at this price I survive, and considering it will probably be below zero at home, I'll live with it.

Thanks again for all the suggestions, after I return I will comment on each track.

• 3 weeks later...
Well we just got back. and it was a great trip.

The Disney courses where a bit disappointing, especially if I would of paid full price for them. I would have to say the Osprey was my favorite then Palm then Magnolia.

Panther lake at OCN was a GREAT track by far one of my most favorite courses I have played. It was in great shape, and just an all around fun track.

Southern Dunes was fun also and a value at $70 with a cart.

• 2 weeks later...
I know I'm a little late but thought I would share what I know since I have played all the Disney courses at least once.

You can make tee times 90 days in advance. I just double checked their website just to make sure. Perhaps there is a limitation if you are using the DVC discount, not sure. We are DVC members but we visit in the summer and there is a price cut at 10am so we are able to get tee times for $50-$75. No special membership required, but I do believe the price is higher if you are not staying on Disney property.

Eagle Pines / Osprey Ridge: Eagle Pines is closed permanently. Disney is selling and leasing some WDW property to The Four Seasons and TFS will be building a resort there, including some vacation ownership properties. Eagle Pines and Osprey Ridge are included in this property. There will be a "championship" golf course on the property, but it's not yet clear if it will be a renovated Osprey Ridge, or a completely new course. However, Osprey Ridge will eventually close at least temporarily for the changes. (Unless the whole deal falls apart, but the announcement has been made)

Lake Buena Vista - Not one of my favorites. Part of it runs through the Old Key West resort, which gives it the same feel you get when you play a course that runs through a new housing development. Not particularly interesting, but certainly opinions will vary.

Palm / Magnolia - The Magnolia is a little longer, the Palm a bit tighter and with more water. I find the Palm more interesting and fun to play, even though it can eat up wayward drives.

The courses have always been in good shape when we've been there, and the service has also been good.

If you play the Palm/Magnolia, the best place for a 19th hole is "Evergreens", which is actually part of the Shades of Green resort, which is a resort for the use of the various U.S. military branches. But Evergreens is a sports bar open to everyone. The guys working at the course can tell you how to get there. It's a short cart ride.

I believe the 2 week rule for reservations only applies during the winter months , when the prices are higher. I think they act like the rest of florida golf and charge more during the northern cold months, for people like us making treks down. Not that disney has a quiet time.

the legends at orange lake is a great course i think

and i could get you onto grand cypress perhaps (if interested)
guy that graduated from my school (california pa) is assistant pro there.
What's In My Bag?

Driver: R9 460 TP 9.5* w/ Motore F1 75g S
Wood:Exotics XCG-V 16.5*
Hybrids: 3DX Ironwood 3 and 4Irons:695.MBWedges:Stripped Spin Milled Custom C Grind (52*,56*,60*)Putter: Black Series i #9 32" w/ white Iomic gripBall:ProV1Shoes: Foot Joy DryJoysGrips: Lamkin Crossline...

Note: This thread is 6052 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!