IGNORED

2008 golf balls

donkba
Note: This thread is 6019 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

has anyone heard of taylormades new 2008 balls taylormade TP LDP and burner TP? nike also have a prototype tour version of the nike one plantinums, supposedly made to the same specifications as tigers. i think they are released in spring and i would certainly try the new taylormade balls out as i currently use TP reds

hello mate, good to see another Boro lad on here. I am from Redcar!

G10 21deg Reg Utility i3 OS 5i - SW Vokey 52 deg Gap WedgeMD Golf 60 deg Lob WedgePuttter PAL4

nike also have a prototype tour version of the nike one plantinums

Aren't the N1P's already a tour-ball?

Driver: Sumo2 5900 10.5*
3+ Utility: 3DX Utility 13.5*
Hybrids: 4DX 18.5*
Irons: MP-30 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM54.10 & SM60.04Putter: T.P. Mills StudioBall: GamerBag: Warbird Stand

donkba,

Callaway is also releasing the HX Tour and 56 iX as well as a new urethane covered HX Hot Bite. The HX Tour iX I tried is VERY impressive.

The Topflite D2 lineup is reworked with a new ball called the Gamer and Freak.

Bridgestone's E5+ and E6+ are also worth a look.

donkba,

A couple of questions gas_can: Can you describe what you find impressive about the HX Tour iX, especially in relation to other balls such as the ProV1s?

Another question: I tried the D2 Feel ball a few weeks ago. I wanted to like it, in part, because it's so inexpensive. However, I found it mushy off the driver and not really impressive from fairway through green. Do you have any experience with the Gamer or Feak. I would like to find an inexpensive ball for playing courses with which I'm not familiar. I often lose balls on those rounds and hate to use the more expensive balls. Can you share anything on the E5+ or E6+? Thanks for your response.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

A couple of questions gas_can: Can you describe what you find impressive about the HX Tour iX, especially in relation to other balls such as the ProV1s?

shortgame85,

The HX Tour iX was very durable which I love, there's nothing I hate more than having to replace a golf ball every three holes after each wedge shot. It also has retained the firm feel off the driver and irons which I love but has added softness around the greens. I've never been a big fan of the Pro V1, I don't like the fact that they paint their cover since it turns yellow over time and shreds and I'm not a big fan of the feel in the new version. I haven't tried the gamer or freak, but I have played with the HX Bite. I think that will be a good ball to try. It's a three piece ball with a urethane cover, it spins plenty around the greens and still feels somewhat firm off the long clubs. I think this ball might be right up your alley. The Bridgestone E5 and E6+ have been reworked, they claim improved performance with the E5 flying higher and the E6 flying straighter. However, I noticed significant gains in either. However, that's not to say they're both not great golf balls. The E6 especially is great for lower swing speed players since it's very low compression, guys who don't swing above 100mph can get great distance out of it while still maintaining performance around the green.

shortgame85,

I've never found much to like about the Bridgestone balls, although they seem to enjoy a solid reputation. I will try the HX Bite on your advice. Thanks.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

• Administrator
I don't like the fact that they paint their cover since it turns yellow over time

Good luck finding a modern top-tier golf ball that isn't painted. So far as I know they all are - I've scraped the "paint" off a number of them.

The urethane covers they use aren't dazzling white, after all.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good luck finding a modern top-tier golf ball that isn't painted. So far as I know they all are - I've scraped the "paint" off a number of them.

Erik,

Bridgestone does not use paint on the covers of any of their golf balls (other than the number and logo). Titleist actually has to paint their covers white then clear coat. That's why Bridgestone's don't yellow (unless left in the sun) and there aren't any X out or Practice B330 or 330S. That's just a small part of the reason why the B330 is my favorite golf ball. Although Callaway does paint their golf balls, I've found them to be much more consistent and durable than the Pro V1.

Note: This thread is 6019 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!