IGNORED

Tiger Target Challenge...

Boosty16
Note: This thread is 5982 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Your kidding, they were gonna take his phone by force and then arrest him??? Seems to me that it could prompt litigation on the cell phone owners part... after all, it is his cell phone(property).

I'll bet the ticket contains some sort of disclaimer saying they're allowed to do this, just like management at a movie theater can tell you where to sit. They can also take your phone if it goes off during a movie, but I've only seen this done once.

When I went to the Empire Lakes event, I kept my cell phone in the car. I'll do the same at Sherwood on Saturday.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'll bet the ticket contains some sort of disclaimer saying they're allowed to do this, just like management at a movie theater can tell you where to sit. They can also take your phone if it goes off during a movie, but I've only seen this done once.

I bet your right, but it still seems excessive to me... Good idea to leave yours in your car... might get tackled because it accidentally fell out of your pocket

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

Yeah, no cell phones or cameras is written on the ticket. My buddy got totally harassed by this lame broad today. granted he shouldn't have had his cell phone out in the open, but still, they were on him like hawks. You can still get away with sneaking a camera in though. I've done it at the Nissan Open a few times, You just gotta by sly. Here's a shot I snuck of Ernie. I REALLY should have brought my camera today. I had the PERFECT view on the range. at one point I had a nice panoramic shot of Furyk, then Tiger, then Zack Johnson, And Henrik Stenson on the end. The light was perfect, it was just them four spread out evenly on the range. Ah, I was kicking myself in the head for not having my camera with me.

By the way flash and g-funk, sunny and 70* today at good 'ol Sherwood C.C.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Yeah, all the while Tiger was shooting something stupid out there as well. Luckily it is a roasty 37* here in East Tennessee.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

OH DUDE. That is not right. NOT RIGHT.

Watched every minute of round 2 on GC. Tiger went crazy! He was putting from all over the place! I don't suppose you were in the gallery on 16 where Tiger hit into the hazard???

Will be there this Sunday with some Member golfing buddies who were ever so Gracious to have the Heart to give me a last minute notice . Dont know what to expect ... Tiger as of this time is leading and for sure there are tons of surprises awaiting the viewing public . Have played the course a couple of times but they say that it is totally different when there is a Tournament of this magnitude being played .

Cheers to you with Snow .

No, we'd already left by the time his group was on 16. I did see his approach to the par 5 second that just cleared the hazard and bounced back in. He did practically chip in for eagle.

My favorite part of the day was watching Henrik play a practical joke on Stevie Williams. Steve had to use the restroom after Tiger and Henrik teed off on the 5th and left Tiger's bag right in front of the door to the place. Henrik, trailing behind, saw this and decided to take Tiger's bag and hide it behind a tree close by. When Steve was done, Henrik jumped in the bathroom right behind him. It took a second or two until Steve noticed the bag was gone, but when he did realize, you should have seen the the panic is his face! Right then Henrik popped his head out of the stall and gave Stevie a smile, letting him know the bag was just behind a tree. That was pretty good.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

No, we'd already left by the time his group was on 16. I did see his approach to the par 5 second that just cleared the hazard and bounced back in. He did practically chip in for eagle.

Wow, if I was Steve that would have scared the hell out of me, I mean think about it, if Tiger lost the tournament it was probably because you lost his clubs!!!!

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

My favorite part of the day was watching Henrik play a practical joke on Stevie Williams. Steve had to use the restroom after Tiger and Henrik teed off on the 5th and left Tiger's bag right in front of the door to the place. Henrik, trailing behind, saw this and decided to take Tiger's bag and hide it behind a tree close by. When Steve was done, Henrik jumped in the bathroom right behind him. It took a second or two until Steve noticed the bag was gone, but when he did realize, you should have seen the the panic is his face! Right then Henrik popped his head out of the stall and gave Stevie a smile, letting him know the bag was just behind a tree. That was pretty good.

Gee, that Henrik. Today he did something to Fasth after the round. More on that in a minute. I went today. I initially intended to follow Jim Furyk, but following Tiger is tough. Thankfully, there are many players I love to watch, and Steve Stricker and Luke Donald were paired. I followed them for 18 holes. When we were walking up to the 18th, I noticed a spot just shy of the water (and outside the ropes!) where I could sit and watch everyone come in. I saw them, then Vijay and Paul Casey, then Johnson and Harrington, and finally Tiger and Furyk. After Woods and Furyk holes out on 18, there was a mad rush to leave. So I decided to go to the driving range and see who was there. Vijay, Henrik, and Fasth were at the range. Vijay left shortly thereafter, Tiger walked by and kept going, and then Henrik got ready to leave. Fasth was still hitting range balls. Henrik decides to sneak up behind him - easy enough since they're both right handed and Henrik was on the left end of the range. As Fasth is mid-downswing, Henrik startles him with some sounds, and Fasth still hits the ball beautifully. Then they laugh about it, and Henrik passes in front and through. I'm tempted to volunteer for next year. Any idea what this entails?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sounds like you had a good day! I guess Henrik is a bit of a jokester?

Check the website about volunteer work. It's flash so I can't get a direct link. But there's a tab on the front page marked "Volunteer." Why not try for the Buick or LA Open? Hell, The US Open is in San Diego! pgatour.com will give you info about volunteering, and probably usga.org.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I was there on Friday with the wife and we were talking with the volunteers at the 17th and 11th tee boxes (they are back to back) and they were telling us that they volunteer Wed through Sun and as a thank you, the golf course lets the play for free sometime in January. I would volunteer in a second if I knew I was going to play that course for free...

They also said that it costs $500,000 just to join and then $10,000 per month after that. Plus, that doesnt include the $2,500 they must spend in the clubhouse...RIDICULOUS!!!!!

In the Edge Bag:

Driver 8.5* 907D2 with Proforce V2 XS
3 Wood 15* 906F2 with Proforce V2 XS
Hybrid 19* 585.F with Project X XSIrons 3-W X-Forged with Project X 6.5Wedges Oil Can 200 Series 52/08 & Oil Can Spin Milled 56/14Putter Circa 62 #2 (34", 71* Lie, 4* Loft)Ball Pro PlatinumGPS...

It's not quite that much, but still pretty damn pricey. This is indeed one of the most exclusive clubs in LA and one must pay to belong. $200,000 and around $2,000 in monthly dues is what I've heard. It's amazing how much money some people have.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

It's not quite that much, but still pretty damn pricey. This is indeed one of the most exclusive clubs in LA and one must pay to belong. $200,000 and around $2,000 in monthly dues is what I've heard. It's amazing how much money some people have.

While I was watching the final round today I was thinking. . ."how could I play Sherwood. . . ?" Clearly JOINING isn't in my current budget. Maybe the volunteer-then-get-a-freebee-round route is the only way for a middle income cat to play it.

While I was watching the final round today I was thinking. . ."how could I play Sherwood. . . ?" Clearly JOINING isn't in my current budget. Maybe the volunteer-then-get-a-freebee-round route is the only way for a middle income cat to play it.

Or get a job at a golf course and have your head pro hook you up. That's how I got out there. My foursome was our the club's GM, my headpro, a shop assistant, and myself. Or you could be a caddy there...

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I hear the voluteers get a free round on a specific date, rain, wind or whatever. If they don't play that day, they don't play ever. I guess if I were retired I'd give up a few days for the chance to play Sherwood. There is not a square yard of fairway on my regular courses as nice as any part of those fairways.

I know a guy who played there recently and when his caddy went to get one of his divots he said it probably represented $50,000 worth of real estate.

SubPar

I hear the voluteers get a free round on a specific date, rain, wind or whatever. If they don't play that day, they don't play ever. I guess if I were retired I'd give up a few days for the chance to play Sherwood. There is not a square yard of fairway on my regular courses as nice as any part of those fairways.

Rain? In So Cal? I think not!

Note: This thread is 5982 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!