IGNORED

Titleist Drivers

Note: This thread is 6016 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On GolfWRX's forum they have a thread about new gear coming out, and from a post in 2006 they say that Titleist was going to come out with a D4 driver, that is 425cc's. I haven't ever seen one online or in a store, does anyone know if they did come out with it? Thanks for any information.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Its a prototype only for the pros. And it wont be realeased to the public anytime soon.

Driver:10 degree HS9 F speed Stock Regular
FW: 15 degree sasquatch stiff
906F4 18.5 V2 proforce stiff
Hybrid: 21 585H V2 Proforce stiff
Irons: Cobra Fp 4-PW Nippon StiffWedges: CG12 56 degree Wedge Flex Putter: Rossa agsi+ Daytona 1 35"

It won't be released.
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

• Administrator
It won't be released.

Ditto the above two posts.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Alright thank you very much. This is kind of disappointing because I love the feel to Titleist drivers and I like the smaller heads because I can control it better, and work the ball alot better.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Alright thank you very much. This is kind of disappointing because I love the feel to Titleist drivers and I like the smaller heads because I can control it better, and work the ball alot better.

I don't think you can really work the ball with your current SUMO driver either no? I usually work the ball with my 3 wood if I really have to but 99% of the time I don't really work the ball off the tee...

If you really must have a smaller driver that is Titleist then maybe go for the older versions of the driver? My friend uses 983K and he still hits about the same distance as the newer 460cc drivers. (His driver distance is roughly at a respectable distance of 280-290 meters with the older, smaller head Titleist and that should be plenty of pop even for mordern day course ^_^)
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

I don't think you can really work the ball with your current SUMO driver either no? I usually work the ball with my 3 wood if I really have to but 99% of the time I don't really work the ball off the tee...

hypergolf,

It's much more than simply being able to work the ball. I currently play the D4 and I will tell you, no driver Titleist has ever made is as good a fit for the high launch high spin player. Even the 905S is a high spin head compared the D4. The D4 is incredibly low launch and spin. I've heard grumblings that Titleist was at one time considering making it a custom order only option, but I don't think there are many players in the world whose launch conditions can fit into this head.

Yeah, I can't work the ball with my SUMO, but it was a present from my mom, I like it, I hit it straight and pretty far (for me 235 yards). But here in Alaska at my home course I have to work the ball all over the course, so that's one of the strong parts of my game, so I'm saving to get a smaller headed driver. Any suggestions? Right now I'm looking at the TM R7 425, Bridgestone J33R, any information would be appreciated.

Here's what I play:

Note: This thread is 6016 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!