IGNORED

My Swing (chaserp75)

chaserp75
Note: This thread is 2838 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: this is first year
My current handicap index or average score is: haven't played a round yet
My typical ball flight is: on the ground
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: slices & rollers

Videos: 

• Administrator

Are you trying to hit really soft shots, or is that full speed?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Are you trying to hit really soft shots, or is that full speed?

These are softer swings. Tried slowing things down to make better contact but still struggled. 

Welcome @chaserp75. I think this would be a good thread to take a look at, grips looks on the weak side.

And I'd recommend this drill to give you a better idea of what good impact feels like. You can even play with a set-up similar to this. Head centered, hips forward and keep them forward.

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@mvmac thank you so much for taking the time to take a look at my swing and for the feedback. I really appreciate this! Your link to the Grip post was super helpful. I'm really looking forward to trying out that drill in that video too! 

Thanks again :)

• 1 month later...

@iacas

Updated swings at full speed, using driver. Head-on and DTL views. Been some time since my original recording. Since then I have tried strengthening my grip significantly and try the "reverse motorcycle rev" swing thought but I still see myself cupping the left wrist at the top of my swing. I also see the shaft getting ridiculously steep to start the downswing but I struggle to shallow this out.

There are times where I get it all together and when I've been able to straighten it out, it's carrying 275+ which feels good, but I struggle mightily with consistency. Irons have been pretty good and consistently straight recently, but the drive has been a combo of slices, hooks, and the occasional straight/fade that goes a long way.

Sure appreciate the help guys!

Update #2:

Picked up a new driver over the weekend with a stiff flex shaft. Took it out on the range today and it seems to have cured my slice. Just about everything was straight. Had a couple draws and a couple fades mixed in there too.

Maybe the stiff shaft legitemately helped - my SS clocked in around 105 mph & the driver used in the above vids was a regular flex but felt even softer than most regular flexes I've tried. Then again, maybe it was the placebo effect. All's I know is it felt good :) 

That all said, I won't sit here and pretend I have a good swing, I know I have a long way to go. So I still very much look forward to any feedback since posting these updated vids! Thanks again everyone! 

Note: This thread is 2838 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!