IGNORED

"The Science of Golf Putting: A Complete Guide…" by Dias and Couceiro

iacas

Note: This thread is 1897 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It looks a bit overpriced for the depth of analysis. Appears to have a very heavy reliance on Pelz.

Don't see much indication of original work / experimental data. An interesting question to explore would have been if the putting stroke is like a pendulum are both simple pendulum and driven pendulum models equally valid for results or is one better than the other across a full range of putting green variables?

Edited by natureboy

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2016 at 5:23 AM, natureboy said:

It looks a bit overpriced for the depth of analysis. Appears to have a very heavy reliance on Pelz.

Don't see much indication of original work / experimental data. An interesting question to explore would have been if the putting stroke is like a pendulum are both simple pendulum and driven pendulum models equally valid for results or is one better than the other across a full range of putting green variables?

Look, I know putting is a lot harder than it looks, but how can one genuinley write a whole book about it ?

• 3 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 1897 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • I voted the gap remains the same. The skilled putter will still get good breaks and bad ones, and the poor putter will still get good breaks and bad ones. 
    • Hey guys, I'm curious if any of you know the differences between the men's and women's clubs.  The reason I ask is because I'm of super short stature, and have found it difficult to find clubs that have the proper lie angle.  Toe is always sticking up in the air unless there is some extreme revisions.  For hybrids, I have been told that they can not bend the lie, so don't have any proper options. Since women are typically shorter than men, I'd think their construction ranges are different.  I tried a women's hybrid and it did seem to lie a little flatter than the male counterpart, but unsure if this was just a placebo. I know there are some smart people here that may know more--is this a thing?
    • But so what? I don’t expect my clubs from a totally different manufacturer to perform the same. All I need to know is what yardages I hit a particular club with whatever number it has on it. 
    • The gap gets narrower. Uncontrollable variables come into play. Luck, if you will. Being the best putter matters less is a ball on the proper line can hit something and deflect off the line and a ball on the wrong line can hit something and deflect onto the correct line.
    • Day 84 (19 Sep 21) - worked on tempo with the putter this evening.  I want to get an "automatic" sensation happening where I don't want to be guessing the tempo, but know it.  Sort of like muscle memory when playing guitar chords - your fingers automatically know where.  I know that putting is not that great in separation value, but also know that being comfortable with the flat stick is key as well.  
  • Today's Birthdays

1. AmirReza
      AmirReza
      (34 years old)
    2. BushwoodCC
      BushwoodCC
      (55 years old)
    3. cozelos
      cozelos
      (36 years old)
    4. RollingStoppie
      RollingStoppie
      (52 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...