Sign in to follow this  
Johnniz13

game improvement or super game improvement irons

20 posts / 25553 viewsLast Reply

why would you not take advantage of any help you can get in this difficult game?  Especially if you are playing for fun...make the experience of playing as fun as you can and unless you are an above average ballstriker, why would you not give GI/SGI Irons a look?

I am a single digit and I would never play blades...I play Taylormade M2's and love the game immensely....more so since I've upgraded to these irons because I am carding lower scores more consistently this year than I have in years.

I believe that the researchable measurable reality is that MOST golfers play BETTER with GIs and SGIs, once they try them out for a while...  

It used to be the case that pros (who are NOT practical models for most players to emulate, anyway, given their extreme gifts and massively focused dedication and TIME investment in this funny little game) didn't play hybrids, either, and didn't play graphite shafts in irons; even that is changing, however.  Does that mean that you and I shouldn't play hybrids or graphite shafts?   

Play what you have the most fun with, because unless you are a pro or pro wannabe, then that's the name of the golf game.  If you're on a zen guru quest to master the most difficult clubs you can come up with, well then that's fine but then you ought only be advising yourself and MAYBE other esoteric zen guru questers; however, why would you advise anybody until you actually ARE a zen guru master of the blade?  And then, real zen guru masters only advise other serious seekers of such mastery.

For most players, even players in the top 25% of the world, which means anybody under about 14 handicap ( most experts agree that the "average" golfer shoots 100+, probably more like 105+ measured honestly... do your research; I have.), the goal of the game is shoot lower scores while having more fun -- for MOST people, that means playing clubs designed to be easier to hit, though I know "easier" is SOMEWHAT subjective but it is mainly measurable objectively.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this