IGNORED

Arccos shot tracking review

Note: This thread is 2804 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

25 minutes ago, IanW said:

I use my 4 iron to chip out of the trees almost exclusively

I actually figured that. But the max of the 138 yards with 50* wedge is kinda high. Did you thin the hell out of it or hit a cart path?

How does Arccos do that range is it +/- one standard deviation from the mean or is it a simple min-max range?

Kevin

15 hours ago, natureboy said:

I actually figured that. But the max of the 138 yards with 50* wedge is kinda high. Did you thin the hell out of it or hit a cart path?

How does Arccos do that range is it +/- one standard deviation from the mean or is it a simple min-max range?

Just did a quick check. I hit it 140 once. Likely with the wind on the 9th hole. I don't recall if it was thin or not :(

It doesn't seem to be a simple min/max. I have no 50 degree wedge shots that went 138. Unfortunately half the functionality exists on the web UI, and the other half on the phone app. It is a bit annoying :( Here is a screenshot from the web ui of all my 50 degree wedge shots since owning the system:

50_deg.png

Ian

@IanW Since you are my go to AG wizard....

I am putting new irons into play and wonder if there is a way to "reset" the distances so I can tell how the new irons perform, not just let them flush through as I play more.

The only thing I can think of is to just delete all the old rounds and start over, but seems there should be a way I don't lose historical data. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, dzclarkcpa said:

@IanW Since you are my go to AG wizard....

I am putting new irons into play and wonder if there is a way to "reset" the distances so I can tell how the new irons perform, not just let them flush through as I play more.

The only thing I can think of is to just delete all the old rounds and start over, but seems there should be a way I don't lose historical data. 

Very good question! Unfortunately, I don't have an answer :(

Maybe try calling them? hehe

fwiw, I have found a few other nitpick things that are either not possible, or I can't figure out how. I hit into a hazard on Saturday. There is a drop zone. So I went to the drop zone and hit a wedge. Now I have a 396 yard drive skewing my stats :(

Ian

Just now, IanW said:

fwiw, I have found a few other nitpick things that are either not possible, or I can't figure out how. I hit into a hazard on Saturday. There is a drop zone. So I went to the drop zone and hit a wedge. Now I have a 396 yard drive skewing my stats :(

Ya, the system doesn't do well with drops...but just add a shot from where your ball went in to the drop zone...like 60* wedge or something...the system is smart enough to throw out the outliers and average them anyways.  Seems weird that a drop zone would be ahead of where your drive went into the water at though.  You sure the drop zone wasn't for if you hit your 2nd shot into the water?

3 minutes ago, Grinde6 said:

Ya, the system doesn't do well with drops...but just add a shot from where your ball went in to the drop zone...like 60* wedge or something...the system is smart enough to throw out the outliers and average them anyways.  Seems weird that a drop zone would be ahead of where your drive went into the water at though.  You sure the drop zone wasn't for if you hit your 2nd shot into the water?

No idea. I had never played the course before and was playing with someone who has. They told me that is what we do so away I went.

Another issue I had was marking the putts with Arccos. I didn't make it up a hill on one hole. Started out with a 40 footer and had a 20ish footer remaining. Couldn't find a way to denote that :( The app only seems to let me put how far away my first putt was.

Ian

3 hours ago, IanW said:

No idea. I had never played the course before and was playing with someone who has. They told me that is what we do so away I went.

Another issue I had was marking the putts with Arccos. I didn't make it up a hill on one hole. Started out with a 40 footer and had a 20ish footer remaining. Couldn't find a way to denote that :( The app only seems to let me put how far away my first putt was.

It's the same strokes gained overall if you 1-putt, 2-putt, 3-putt, or 4-putt from a given initial distance. It's just that the individual putts will have different SG values that sum to the same SG value for the number of putts taken from the initial distance. So in the end for stat-tracking it doesn't matter on an individual hole how long each individual putt was (unless it was a one-putt from the initial distance).

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

5 hours ago, IanW said:

I actually emailed them and solution is to unpair (delete) all the clubs and repair.

I will try that anyway. Add that to your list of Arccos knowledge!

Note: This thread is 2804 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!