IGNORED

Dallas Sniper

Abu3baid
Note: This thread is 2815 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Dallas Terrorist

Cop shooting

What a tragedy indeed..  Expressing frustration by systematically terrorizing and killing police officers is just plain wrong.  I want to learn more about how they used the robot to blow the guy up.  

It is also a tragedy that the police officer murdered a black man in cold blood as well.

I just hope that this does not continue to escalate.  This will heighten the sensitivity of cops stoping black people, and black people mistrust of the cops will go up and this vicious cycle will continue.

How depressing.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unbelievably depressing and you're bang on about the viscous cycle. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

He was a vet who served in Afghanistan.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/08/us/micah-xavier-johnson-dallas-shooter/index.html

This cycle of hate and violence has got to stop.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 7/9/2016 at 6:27 AM, boogielicious said:

This cycle of hate and violence has got to stop.

There is no cycle.

The fact that we have as little violence as we do is astonishing considering this country has 350 MILLION people in it and we enjoy the substantial freedoms that we do.

Watching the news everyday, sure, you'd think the country is overrun with lunatics of every flavor imaginable, but that is simply not the case.  The fact is media companies are the biggest blight this country has ever seen.  The unbridled greed and quest for ever-increasing ad revenue has caused them to take this extremely, extremely tiny portion of the population and give them a lion's share of the attention.

Consider this, according to the CDC website a little over 200,000 people die every month in the US.  I don't know about you but that seems like a insane amount of dead people to me.  Why isn't anyone shocked by that?  Because it's mostly people dying from disease and old age?  Of course that's why, it's "normal".  Media companies can't sensationalize normal, but they can sure as hell sensationalize a random lunatic in a sea full of law-abiding citizens.

What drives me absolutely nuts is when I walk past a TV and some news station is on there bragging about the latest lunatic act, celebrity gossip, or fanning the flames of racism.  It's Don Henley's Dirty Laundry on 24-hour loop.  They can't count on lunatics to consistently kill handfuls of people so they hire professional racists like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton to fill the downtime by sitting there telling minorities how awful they have been treated, are being treated, or will be treated.

And to top it off we've got a mewling dumbass like Obama in charge.  He's happy to ride a wave of bad publicity if it'll advance his anti-gun agenda but once the cameras are off he'll admit "it's not really that bad".

Anyway, I don't even know what else to say.  I'd love to see every single one of these media companies go out of business.  How many crazies would we have if they knew they'd die a inglorious, unpublicized death at the hands of the local cops after they killed someone?  How many racists would there be if some jackass wasn't on TV perpetuating the doctrine of racism?

1 hour ago, Strandly said:

There is no cycle.

The fact that we have as little violence as we do is astonishing considering this country has 350 MILLION people in it and we enjoy the substantial freedoms that we do.

Watching the news everyday, sure, you'd think the country is overrun with lunatics of every flavor imaginable, but that is simply not the case.  The fact is media companies are the biggest blight this country has ever seen.  The unbridled greed and quest for ever-increasing ad revenue has caused them to take this extremely, extremely tiny portion of the population and give them a lion's share of the attention.

Consider this, according to the CDC website a little over 200,000 people die every month in the US.  I don't know about you but that seems like a insane amount of dead people to me.  Why isn't anyone shocked by that?  Because it's mostly people dying from disease and old age?  Of course that's why, it's "normal".  Media companies can't sensationalize normal, but they can sure as hell sensationalize a random lunatic in a sea full of law-abiding citizens.

What drives me absolutely nuts is when I walk past a TV and some news station is on there bragging about the latest lunatic act, celebrity gossip, or fanning the flames of racism.  It's Don Henley's Dirty Laundry on 24-hour loop.  They can't count on lunatics to consistently kill handfuls of people so they hire professional racists like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton to fill the downtime by sitting there telling minorities how awful they have been treated, are being treated, or will be treated.

And to top it off we've got a mewling dumbass like Obama in charge.  He's happy to ride a wave of bad publicity if it'll advance his anti-gun agenda but once the cameras are off he'll admit "it's not really that bad".

Anyway, I don't even know what else to say.  I'd love to see every single one of these media companies go out of business.  How many crazies would we have if they knew they'd die a inglorious, unpublicized death at the hands of the local cops after they killed someone?  How many racists would there be if some jackass wasn't on TV perpetuating the doctrine of racism?

I'm guessing you're white?

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

7 minutes ago, Strandly said:

And you would be wrong.  Now what?

Now what? Nothing really, no need to get aggressive. I was asking a question and you answered. Thank you. 

I think there is certainly some merit to your comments with regards to media's agenda, but I also think it's a little naive to think this is all media spin. There are far too many cases of police shootings where the victim would likely be alive today if they didn't fit a cop's preconceived image of an imminent threat. That's a concern. I don't know what the solutions are, but ignoring the issue and pretending it's not really happening isn't going to help. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Just now, Ernest Jones said:

Now what? Nothing really, no need to get aggressive. I was asking a question and you answered. Thank you. 

I think there is certainly some merit to your comments with regards to media's agenda, but I also think it's a little naive to think this is all media spin. There are far too many cases of police shootings where the victim would likely be alive today if they didn't fit a cop's preconceived image of an imminent threat. That's a concern. I don't know what the solutions are, but ignoring the issue and pretending it's not really happening isn't going to help. 

You are probably right EJ, but where does the preconceived image come from?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

1 minute ago, 14ledo81 said:

You are probably right EJ, but where does the preconceived image come from?

Gang violence, I assume. 

Look, cops have a tough job, no doubt. And they have every right to do what they need to do to ensure they go home to their families every night after work. But just because someone looks like a gang banger, doesn't mean they are a threat. I guess there needs to be more dialogue and interaction between cultures, especially in the inner cities, so we are all not such foreigners to each other. 

I don't know what the answers are, but pretending there's no problem isn't one of them. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.

2 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

Clearly there are some bad cops who need to not be cops anymore but I would argue this is nothing new and not the epidemic the media is making it out to be.

1 minute ago, Strandly said:

Clearly there are some bad cops who need to not be cops anymore but I would argue this is nothing new and not the epidemic the media is making it out to be.

Oh, it is most definitely not new. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Just now, Ernest Jones said:

Oh, it is most definitely not new. 

Then why is it all over the news like a bum on a ham sandwich all of the sudden?  And by all of the sudden I mean within the last couple years.

Did someone suddenly grow a conscience?  Did some imaginary line finally get crossed?

No, news companies simply remembered how to dirty laundry.

2 minutes ago, Strandly said:

Then why is it all over the news like a bum on a ham sandwich all of the sudden?  And by all of the sudden I mean within the last couple years.

Did someone suddenly grow a conscience?  Did some imaginary line finally get crossed?

Well, just exposure I suppose.. The wife live streamed her husband dying..  Maybe before it was just reported, now you see it with your eyes and the impact is more profound.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

7 minutes ago, Strandly said:

And you don't think bringing these issues into the public conscious is a good thing?

Yours in earnest, Jason.

49 minutes ago, Strandly said:

And you would be wrong.  Now what?

Haha, awesome, leftists try to paint your viewpoint as racist, when it's just common sense.  Your rant is right on, there is no issue here but the media plays it up as does our moronic president because it fits a narrative they believe will keep them in power.  Much like global warming, pay inequality, etc.  These are all red herrings designed by the left to further their desires to increase government and remove our freedoms.

Bottom line, cops are not policing aggressively in big cities right now because of all of the attention the media is giving this particular red herring.  Guess who is dying as a result?  Poor folks living in the ghetto, most often minorities.  It's all just so dumb, I wish more folks could see through it.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

48 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

In the United States more white people are killed by police officers every year than black but the media for some reason doesn't cover those stories, coincidence?

Joe Paradiso

3 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

Well, just exposure I suppose.. The wife live streamed her husband dying..  Maybe before it was just reported, now you see it with your eyes and the impact is more profound.

The impact of what?  The video in that case didn't show anything prior to the guy bleeding out.  Knowing whether or not he was reaching for his gun is a huge piece of mission information.  But the media doesn't care about that, they would rather show the bleeding guy and sit there and free associate about what happened before the video started.  It's garbage journalism; Enquirer-like reporting and sensationalism.

9 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

And you don't think bringing these issues into the public conscious is a good thing?

Not when they're misrepresented the way they are.  Again, watching the news you would think any time you interacted with a cop for anything you have a 80% chance of coming away in a body bag.  It's ridiculous.

17 minutes ago, Strandly said:

The impact of what?  The video in that case didn't show anything prior to the guy bleeding out.  Knowing whether or not he was reaching for his gun is a huge piece of mission information.  But the media doesn't care about that, they would rather show the bleeding guy and sit there and free associate about what happened before the video started.  It's garbage journalism; Enquirer-like reporting and sensationalism.

Not when they're misrepresented the way they are.  Again, watching the news you would think any time you interacted with a cop for anything you have a 80% chance of coming away in a body bag.  It's ridiculous.

That and the woman streaming the video narrated the story she wanted broadcast, it doesn't represent a factual, comprehensive recording of what actually happened.  

You're right about the media, they are fueling BLM and violence against police officers.  I'd like to see a bi-partisan bill that requires the media to only report facts and to annotate all video and reports that include speculation and editorial comments.  

When I grew up, all news was factual and time was set aside for editorial comments.  Today, every news channel is biased, the news they present in terms of content and presentation is biased to support their owners agendas.  

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 2815 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!