IGNORED

Howell and Tiger: Equipment Shuffling

elchene
Note: This thread is 5992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

One of the rumors says CHIII might go to Bridgestone Golf.

You are correct Deal DONE http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/en/me...ess120607.aspx mcca

Titleist 915D2 Aldila Rogue black stiff
Titleist 913 f 15° Diamana stiff
Titleist 913 f 19 Diamana stiff
Titleist AP2 714 4-pw dg s300
Vokey sm5 56 m grind
Vokey sm5 60 m grind

putter odyssey collection 6m milled 34

Charles might want to grab some spare tires while he's at it.

What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

Charles might want to grab some spare tires while he's at it.

Yeah, really. With all the companies with materials engineering doing golf stuff, if you have a sponsorship with one of them, do you get the other products? Like Sean Fister with Dunlop, or these guys with Bridgestone?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, really. With all the companies with materials engineering doing golf stuff, if you have a sponsorship with one of them, do you get the other products? Like Sean Fister with Dunlop, or these guys with Bridgestone?

I think they'd be more than happy to give them for free. Can you imagine CH's riding his car with 22" rims and Bridgestone tires on it?

What's in the bag:

Did Tiger not start with Mizuno? I thought he then had his Titleist made to same specs. as the Mizuno,then his Nikes specs.made to same as Titleist.Seems to me that Mizuno should have worked harder in giving him what he wanted in the first place. Am I wrong?

He won his first Masters playing a Mizuno MP14/29 combo set...

Cleveland Launcher Comp, 9.5* stiff
TaylorMade V-Steel, T/S stiff
Cleveland Halo, 19* stiff
Mizuno MP-32, stiff
Cleveland 588 Gunmetal, 51*Cleveland 588 DSG RTG, 56*Scotty Cameron Newport II

He won his first Masters playing a Mizuno MP14/29 combo set...

Was Nike not in the club business at this point? Or did Tiger change sponsors at some point? Wasn't he in Nike commercials back then?

I'm not doubting you, I just don't know why he doesn't have the Nike clubs then.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

tiger right now plays a set based off of his old mizuno mp-14s, so i dont what he is looking for now.

Ok, on another thread there was an interesting conversation about how Tiger plays Nike, but in NAME only i.e. he is playing another iron, but with a big NIKE symbol.

Is this correct, or is it that the Nike product gets tweaked so much that it might as well be a Titleist, or Mizuno, or whatever. . . Regarding the new Sumo, Tiger says it won't sound so freaky in this ESPN video http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/golf/index

Ok, on another thread there was an interesting conversation about how Tiger plays Nike, but in NAME only i.e.

Well, Bridgestone does the forging for Nike...

Mizuno MP-32, stiff

Was Nike not in the club business at this point? Or did Tiger change sponsors at some point? Wasn't he in Nike commercials back then?

He had a Titleist cap on, he signed with them the day he turned pro, but to answer your question, no, Nike was not in the club business back then. He won the '97 Masters with the same clubs he won the '96 U.S. Amateur with - a Mizuno 14/29 combo set. He switched to Titleist irons at some point after that, but that's what he won his first Master's with...

Mizuno MP-32, stiff

Well, Bridgestone does the forging for Nike...

What?? Are you serious?

I thought it was Endo?
What's in the bag:

Note: This thread is 5992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!