IGNORED

Hello from Las Vegas, NV!

mikeguillen13
Note: This thread is 2726 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Greetings everyone!

This is my first foray into golf forums, and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a former mini-tour player, but have also served as a caddie, mentor, clinic instructor, and junior golf league organizer. I've been a student of the game for almost twenty years, and have been lucky to meet many great people in my experiences in golf. Stop by this thread and say hello!

• Administrator

Welcome to the forum! Got a few other members in LV…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...

I am not from LV, but try to play at LVCC when I am in town. We get comp'd rounds sometimes from Westgate. I have a friend in the area who lives somwhere out near Royal Links?  Next time in town, I am going to try some of the Summerlin Courses near Red Rock, or go visit Paul Wilson at  Bear's Best.  Welcome to the forum. Lots of good folk, too. The others, you just learn to ignore. 

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

On 9/27/2016 at 0:02 PM, Hacker James said:

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good folk, too. The others, you just learn to ignore. 

Thank you. No different than any other forum I've been on over three decades, going back to GEnie. lol 

I'm a blackjack dealer part-time, former poker player, and former Buddhist monk. Yes, that's right, I spent time in orange robes. I am as dedicated to mindfulness as I am to my wife, with golf coming in a very close second. I'm really working at improving all of them, because they go so well together.

I'm a member of the Arcis Player's Club at Desert Pines. I spend a whole lot of time there, just ask my wife. I am getting better. The technology for improvement is phenomenal over the past nearly fifty years I've been trying to play the game--without lessons. Still can't afford lessons, but the information is vastly improved.

Looking forward to conversations here.

Wayne

It looks like we will be in Vegas from 9/28 - 10/2.  I am not sure if the S.O. can get a comp'd round at LVCC, but perhaps on the 29th. She does not play, but usually gets a round for 2 people. If so, would anybody like to join me at LVCC on the 29th?  If so, I could maybe contact you via cell phone once I find out. Just shoot me your number. Note, it is not definite yet. We will be staying at Westgate. 

James Hunt

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

On 10/5/2016 at 7:50 AM, Blackjack Don said:

Thank you. No different than any other forum I've been on over three decades, going back to GEnie. lol 

I'm a blackjack dealer part-time, former poker player, and former Buddhist monk. Yes, that's right, I spent time in orange robes. I am as dedicated to mindfulness as I am to my wife, with golf coming in a very close second. I'm really working at improving all of them, because they go so well together.

I'm a member of the Arcis Player's Club at Desert Pines. I spend a whole lot of time there, just ask my wife. I am getting better. The technology for improvement is phenomenal over the past nearly fifty years I've been trying to play the game--without lessons. Still can't afford lessons, but the information is vastly improved.

Looking forward to conversations here.

That ARCIS thing sounds like a good deal. If I understand it correctly, a membership of around $29 per month, entitles you to unlimited range balls, free afternoon rounds and  you pay only for the cart (the site does not say how much the carts are). I am not too thrilled by the advertised "Golf Boards" and in my mind's eye, I see a bunch of surfer dudes, riding rampage over a golf course (I am probably mistaken). Does that mean, that I could stay in Vegas for a week, and have free golf every day? (temperature rising not withstanding). Then there are the "birdie buddies". Not so sure my S.O. would be thrilled at that idea.

"James"

On 10/7/2016 at 2:55 PM, Hacker James said:

That ARCIS thing sounds like a good deal. If I understand it correctly, a membership of around $29 per month, entitles you to unlimited range balls, free afternoon rounds and  you pay only for the cart (the site does not say how much the carts are). I am not too thrilled by the advertised "Golf Boards" and in my mind's eye, I see a bunch of surfer dudes, riding rampage over a golf course (I am probably mistaken). Does that mean, that I could stay in Vegas for a week, and have free golf every day? (temperature rising not withstanding). Then there are the "birdie buddies". Not so sure my S.O. would be thrilled at that idea.

Yeah, I think it's a pretty good deal. I spend a lot of time at the range, and, given the price of green fees now in season, that's where I'll be until it gets hot. This summer, I played Revere Golf Club a whole bunch of times for $10 after 4. It was pretty hot, but couldn't beat the price. (Discounting for lost balls, those are tough courses.) Finding good deals in Vegas becomes a way of life if you live here.

I pay $30 a month. It's $40 at the Muni because they hit off grass not mats, but Desert Pines is minutes from my apartment. The Muni is wide open compared to the tight fits of DP, but DP is a heckuva course. It is a test of skill. I'm getting where I like it. Back to the card.

For ten bucks, I get a cart and course after 3 p.m. I can get in a quick nine and be home before the wife gets home from work. Can't beat that. After 1:30, it's $25. The best price lately I've seen for Desert Pines on Golf Now is $88, so I think we're getting a good value. It seems some of the people who work at DP might not be big fans of the card, but golf has to get its elitist head around the fact that if they don't make it accessible for the working class, it's going the way of croquet. 

That's just my discounted two cents. I think the girls are a relic of a more prosperous past.

Don

Wayne

Hi Mike!

Great to meet you! I am new to the Sand Trap and just signed up as well. I am a novice to the game of golf (picked it up last year) and I am excited to get better by being part of this great community!

-Jim 

Vires Acquirit Eundo 

Note: This thread is 2726 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!