IGNORED

Glove Question

ChvyKc
Note: This thread is 6007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just wondering exactly what a glove is suppose to help with. I just got home from shooting a round and I struggled the whole front nine. I couldn't stop pulling the shots left. It didn't matter what I did I couldn't keep the club face from closing at impact.

I was trying out playing with a glove and as soon as I took it off everything went back to normal. I shot a 48 on the front nine and a 42 on the back. It was like night and day. My drives were straighter and longer without the glove and my iron play went back to the way that it should be (didn't effect my putting either way, it still sucked).

Anybody else have this problem? I got to thinking about it and I believe it is caused by the fact that I don't practice with a glove on. I just lose so much feel with a glove that it really throws me off.

Driver:  Speedline 9.5° w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch AXIS Red Shaft
Fairway:  '07 Burner Fairways
Irons:  Apex Edge 3-W

Wedge:  52° & 58° /  60° 588 Satin

Putter:  Anser 4

I haven't worn a glove in 15 years. I dropped the habit because a friend of mine who was a mini-tour player didn't wear one and I liked the idea because I was broke. I switched to tour wraps and just wipe them down before a shot to keep them tacky. It became habit and it is how I play.

About the putting...Even when I wore a glove I never put it on to putt or chip.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

A glove is only worn to protect hands from blisters and to help with gripping the club. It should not affect the way you play and if it does it is probably a mental thing.

In the bag:

driver Big Ben CS3 9.5º
3-wood 906F4 15.5º
hybrid rescue mid 19ºirons: MP-60 3-PWwedges vokey spin-milled 54º and 60ºputter tracy IIball Pro V1

I wear a glove but they're annoying so I take it off between shots. Also, inside 90 yards I take it off for better feel.
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

A glove is only worn to protect hands from blisters and to help with gripping the club. It should not affect the way you play and if it does it is probably a mental thing.

That's exactly what I thought. I guess I just feel more comfortable without the glove.

Driver:  Speedline 9.5° w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch AXIS Red Shaft
Fairway:  '07 Burner Fairways
Irons:  Apex Edge 3-W

Wedge:  52° & 58° /  60° 588 Satin

Putter:  Anser 4

I think that gloves are protection against calluses on your hand. They only help feel if they are new and fit snug. I tend to only use gloves in the summer when it is hot because my hands sweat a lot. Fred Couples is a good example of a player on tour who does not use a glove.

In my Moon Light bag:

Driver: 440 SZ 9.0* with a Grafalloy Blue stiff shaft
Hybrids: Halo 16* with a Aldila NV stiff shaft
Irons: forged blades with Dynamic Gold S300 shaftsWedges: Tom Watson 52*, 56*, 60*Putter: G5i Tess Ball: Z-URC

Note: This thread is 6007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!