IGNORED

Howdy from Texas

CeciliaJupe
Note: This thread is 2776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Greetings!

I've been playing golf sporadically for as long as I can remember, usually 1-2 rounds a year with my dad and grandfather growing up, and a bit more depending on where I lived since I've grown up (played probably 4-6 times a year when I was stationed in Hawaii). Lately it's been about once a year for my wife's family reunion, but we just bought a house that's as close to being on a course as you can get without actually being on the course, and I plan to start playing more. 

I really enjoy being a part of online communities so I signed up here.

I have a question about upgrading clubs: I've been using the same boxed-set of clubs I picked up at the Navy Exchange 10 years ago, I'm to where I can consistently make solid contact but obviously still have lots of work to do on control and distance. Should I be looking to upgrade these to something more legitimate while I improve? 

Hello and welcome! Just my opinion, but your biggest improvements will come from taking a swing doctor. They will also be able to give you advice on how your clubs impact your results. 

• Upvote 1

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome!!! Lived in Tx all my life and never heard of BCS Texas. Lol....oh oh wait... Bryan, College Station? Anyways Id wait til you been back in the game a while longer before you upgrade gear. See where your game is and what your needs are so u know which Clubs to buy. Best of luck and Thanks for your military service! 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!