IGNORED

Seemore FGP mallet

Note: This thread is 2784 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is about my 15th putter in 21 years of golf and I hope this will be the last one.

I call myself "Cement hands" because putting is a real liability to me.

I put a label on my putter that says "no cement hands surgeon hands only."

I 4 putted a couple of times of Friday so you know I am a real bad putter with multiple 3 putts too.

I got the Seemore FGP mallet because it was milled, decently priced and a center shaft putter that I never had (well a newer one because I have a center shaft bullseye, yes I putted left with this bullseye).

Although my golf is pretty much done (NFL and NCAA football just around the corner), I tried it on the putting green and on the living room carpet and I like what I see. I like the feel and my putting seems to be a lot better (practice green only). The alignment aid seems to work and this is the shortest (33") putter I ever had.

Hope this one works!

Cement Hands is exactly what you need to putt.    Exactly what the big no taper putter grips are supposed to do.  By locking your hands and wrist in place forcing you to swing from the arms and shoulders is to make your putting predictable.

Putters are very personal items.  It has to weigh right, feel right, look right, and balance right to work for you.  What I find the most helpful to putting is to drastically change it from your normal swing.  If this means changing your grip (like claw grip), switching your hand positions (left hand low, or turning your hand over like a belly putter),  or in my case swing right hand but putting left handed, change your putter so it feels nothing like your swings. 

My last putting tip is not to go for the hole on your first putt.  Sure if it goes in that is great but if your speed is right and the line is close, you can guarantee a 2 putt.  You are athletic or you would not be playing.  If you think about it in terms of how hard do I throw the ball to get it to the hole and then make a similar motion with the putter it will stop close.  

I putted better but I still need a lot of work.  I gave up counting putts after the 3rd hole.  Had about 3 putts and I missed some 1 1/2 footers.  But I had some knee knockers that were slam dunks right in the center.  I shot 107 and probably had about 48 putts.  It was my first round with the Seemore putter and I'm not too discouraged because I'm going to stick with this one.

Been experimenting with a wider stance, crouching more and a somewhat split grip with my left hand someone right at the top of the grip.  I'm sure on my takeaway I don't get the putter low to the ground which I have been working on.

Thanks very much for your tips.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, IndianaDundee said:

Cement Hands is exactly what you need to putt.    Exactly what the big no taper putter grips are supposed to do.  By locking your hands and wrist in place forcing you to swing from the arms and shoulders is to make your putting predictable.

I really don't agree with that at all… the wrists should be soft. They will bend and extend a little. They shouldn't be "locked" in place. That's a great way to take the feel out of it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, iacas said:

I really don't agree with that at all… the wrists should be soft. They will bend and extend a little. They shouldn't be "locked" in place. That's a great way to take the feel out of it.

That is exactly why I don't like those big grips.

22 minutes ago, caniac6 said:

That is exactly why I don't like those big grips.

I use the Superstroke 3.0 and actually think it helps keep the wrists soft. Instead on gripping tighter on a small grip, I can grips more relaxed. The larger grip also makes it easier for my hands to align the same way every time. I do have larger hands with longer fingers, so that may be a difference from you.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I bought a Superstroke 3.0 and put it on my Ping Anser 4 putter when I was in Phoenix golfing last year.  I found it really big (I have small hands) and maybe I should have bought the 2.0

I wore glasses for the first time last round so I think it helped and I been trying some new things to get ready for the golf season next year.

13 hours ago, iacas said:

Locked was a poor choice of words on my part.  The big grips are supposed to take your hands out of the swing.  While an open to close putter stroke does hinge at the wrist I use a pendulum stroke where my wrist barely move.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, IndianaDundee said:

Locked was a poor choice of words on my part.  The big grips are supposed to take your hands out of the swing.  While an open to close putter stroke does hinge at the wrist I use a pendulum stroke where my wrist barely move.

I too use a pendulum stroke (that arcs - virtually nobody swings straight back, straight through on putts of any length at all). The wrists move slightly in all good putting strokes that I've ever studied or seen.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm not going to give you tips other than what has been repeated in other threads as far as speed, bead, and read.

You need to figure out which one you need the most.  For me it is speed followed with bead, but if you can't hit where you want that may be a bigger issue for you.  But for me it is getting the speed correct so I'm not left with a 5' to 10' second putt.

You may just have to work on one area to know if your Seemore is the right one.  And if all else fails go to an instructor.

John

If your golf season is over simply because football has begun, I think I can identify a significant part of your problem....  ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 2784 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!