IGNORED

Very disappointed...

Boosty16
Note: This thread is 5988 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I go to Roger Dunn today to hit the 695mb's from Titleist, to find out that they feel like shit!!! I love the way they look it just seemed that maybe 3 out of the 25 swings felt like butter...the rest, like crap!!!!

I see nothing but good reviews on them and I consider myself a good ball striker, it may be that my previous irons are more forgiving then the 695mb's but WOW!!!

Maybe it was that I was hitting off mats or indoors. I'm gonna try again after Christmas to see if it was just that day or maybe that they were used clubs I was hitting.

I also hit the x-forged from Callaway that those felt REEEAAAALLLYYYY nice!!! I liked the heavyness to them. I am also going to try the r7 TP's. I will have about $1000 in gift certificates and trade ins after x-mas. I really want the 695's but if they feel like crap again then Im going a different way!!!!

Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

In the Edge Bag:

Driver 8.5* 907D2 with Proforce V2 XS
3 Wood 15* 906F2 with Proforce V2 XS
Hybrid 19* 585.F with Project X XSIrons 3-W X-Forged with Project X 6.5Wedges Oil Can 200 Series 52/08 & Oil Can Spin Milled 56/14Putter Circa 62 #2 (34", 71* Lie, 4* Loft)Ball Pro PlatinumGPS...

Maybe it was that I was hitting off mats or indoors. I'm gonna try again after Christmas to see if it was just that day or maybe that they were used clubs I was hitting.

Usually everything feels great off a mat. You are making a wise decision to wait or buy something else. Being a picky golfer myself, I can't stand when I find something that looks good but isn't right for me. I have made that mistake too many times in the past. Good luck.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I really love the blade look. I have been looking for the last year, but there are very few out there. I am going to try the 695 cb's too. I almost puched the damn fitter in the face, he was trying his hardest to get me to buy something today. I knew I wasnt going to buy today due to the fact that I will have my $1000 after christmas anyways. But I want to buy something on Dec. 26th, so I want to make my mind up before then...

In the Edge Bag:

Hybrid 19* 585.F with Project X XSIrons 3-W X-Forged with Project X 6.5Wedges Oil Can 200 Series 52/08 & Oil Can Spin Milled 56/14Putter Circa 62 #2 (34", 71* Lie, 4* Loft)Ball Pro PlatinumGPS...

I was about the decision which irons I should buy 3 months ago!

I played the x forged, the 735cm, the mp-67 and the mp-32.

disliked the x-forged, got no feeling with them!
disliked the 735cm because the felt hard!
really liked the mizunos and bought the mp-32 because of that bit more forgiveness!

After that I hit the 695mb for a few strokes after I got mine and I was glad to see/feel that I prefer the look of my blade at address and the way they feel too.

So go try the mizunos if you like blades!

In my Bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 425 10,5°, Graphite Design Purple Ice 85 Regular
#3 Wood: Taylormade R7 Steel 15°, RE*AX 70 Stiff

#4 Rescue: Taylormade Rescue Hybrid 09 22°, RE*AX 65 Stiff
3-PW Irons: MP-32 ProjectX 6.0
Wedges: MP-T Black Nickel 51.6 and 56.14 Spinner Rifle Shafts
Putter: Studio Style Newport 2.5 35''

Golfclub Schloss Myllendonk (Par 72, CR 72,9, Slope 134)

I really love the blade look. I have been looking for the last year, but there are very few out there. I am going to try the 695 cb's too. I almost puched the damn fitter in the face, he was trying his hardest to get me to buy something today. I knew I wasnt going to buy today due to the fact that I will have my $1000 after christmas anyways. But I want to buy something on Dec. 26th, so I want to make my mind up before then...

Have you hit the Cleveland C.G. series? I bought C.G.2's last June after playing Titleist irons for 20 years or so and can honestly say that the C.G.'s are the CLOSEST thing I can compare Titleist to.I tried 4 different companys' irons and bought the best,FOR ME,.Doesn't hurt to try them

i've hit both the 695mb and cb's the cavity backs are alot better in my opinion they dont feel as smooth but gave me a lower ball flight than the mb's. try the nike cci forged blades they are a nice looking and great feel.

whats in my bag
r7 425 v2 x flex
ss 2.5 stiff
:KZG-forged evolution project x 6.5
cg12 52,56900 form forged 60 bettanardi co3 33.75"pro v1

I tested those irons and the 735.CM. I prefered the MB, but I called my teacher and he told me not to buy them because I wouldn't be ready for them. So I went for the 735.CM. I love both, and I think i made a very good choice.

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

Obviously from my signature you can tell I love the 695cb's. They are awesome clubs and have that blade look at address. The 735's and 755's are also really great clubs. If you check out the Titleist site and see what the tour players are playing with, you will see that no one set really dominates. You can't go wrong with either of the above three. I think the main thing will be ball flight. If you already hit the ball low then the cb's are probably not for you.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

Obviously from my signature you can tell I love the 695cb's. They are awesome clubs and have that blade look at address. The 735's and 755's are also really great clubs. If you check out the Titleist site and see what the tour players are playing with, you will see that no one set really dominates. You can't go wrong with either of the above three. I think the main thing will be ball flight. If you already hit the ball low then the cb's are probably not for you.

I hit the cb's today and they felt great. I also like the fact that the cb's are 2* stronger then the mb's.

47* for cb on wedge 49* for mb on wedge... The 2* difference is through out the whole set, 3-pw. I hit the ball high right now with my i3's which I think have the same loft as the cb's. I cant wait for xmas to get here so I can have my $1000 to buy my set...

In the Edge Bag:

There can be a lot of things that can make a try-out go wrong beyond the design of the clubhead. Shafts can really affect how a club feels. The wrong lie angle can force all kinds of subtle changes that you are not aware of creating poor ballstriking. The "wrong" swingweight can do the same thing.

dave

In The Bag:
- Wishon 949MC 10.5* Driver
- Wishon 525 F/D 3W
- Wishon 515 949MC 5W
- Wishon 60* Cx Micro LW- Wishon 550M SW (55*)- Wishon 550M GW bent to 50* - Wishon 550C 6i - 9i (9i bent to 45*)- Wishon 321Li 3i/4i/5i hybrids- Odyssey Two Ball Putter

Try a different shaft.
Just because you always play the DG S 300 doesn't mean that's the shaft for that club and your swing. switch it up and if you can't find the right combo, walk away and find what works not what looks good. Otherwise I've got some Callaway X tours for you. I prefer the MP-33's. Live and learn.

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

The 695 mb are not your everyday golf set you hit and get instant good feedback . These were manufactured with Low Handicap players in mind . On this level forginess is not a factor . What these irons cry for are accuracy and swing speed to launch your golf ball . Have played a set of these for a couple of rounds and liked the way i was able to do draws and fades at will . They might not be the best blades out there but they sure make a golfer play better .

Note: This thread is 5988 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!