IGNORED

Drug test offenders

flash
Note: This thread is 5959 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. will anyone fail substance test in 2008?

• none
    • one
    • two
    • more than two

I said none. I don't believe there is 0 use. I do believe if you know what you are doing the levels and substances that golfers would use are easily masked or are not detected. HGH and low levels of testorone via cream etc would give some advantage but not be outside of range. Remember golfers don't have to be the strongest, fastest or jump the highest. They just need enough to recover little more quickly and modestly improve strength and flexibility.

The recent Mitchell report is changing my attitude about this COMPLETELY. Apparently one of the major uses for HGH is injury recovery. . . injury happens on tour, and THOUSANDS to MILLIONS are at stake. I was ignorant of the fact that doping for recovery is just as prevalent as doping for bulk/strength. However, I don't know if it should be illegal to use HGH for recovery from injury--we want healthy players, right?

I feel like a number of players were using performance-enhancing drugs, but I don't think any will be caught this year. I really get nervous about guys like Vijay whose career accellerated after 40 and had a trainer who knows what these drugs can deliver.

Every 45yo player who is trying to keep their card and is getting slowed down by injury thought about it.

I didnt vote but it all depends on what they test for i guess. I know a few of my friends take/took creatine during high school. Its a popular one.. so if its on the banned list maybe we'll see some names come up. On steroids.. There is no way to make an accurate guess because its an assumption from appearance. That said 1 or 2 come to mind that have the trademark thick neck, fat head.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

There's an article in Golf Digest that made the best point.

I think I'd mentioned that in another thread - either Gary Player or someone else said something along those lines, too.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I didnt vote but it all depends on what they test for i guess. I know a few of my friends take/took creatine during high school. Its a popular one.. so if its on the banned list maybe we'll see some names come up. On steroids.. There is no way to make an accurate guess because its an assumption from appearance. That said 1 or 2 come to mind that have the trademark thick neck, fat head.

Creatine is a natural substance that is produced by the body. You can get it from eating beef. You would just have to eat a lot of it. It is unlikely that it will be on the list.

HGH is the most likely, and hardest to detect. We produce it in our bodies. Some at higher levels than others. Since everyone is different it is tougher to prove that a guy is "elevated."
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• 2 weeks later...
I may be in the minority but here goes anyway.There is no sports left in the whole world.It is all entertainment.If Pavorati needs cocaine to hit the note that Iam paying 1000.00 dollars to hear than call Buster and get the flake delivered pronto.If these "atheletes" want to kill themselves for my hard earned money by taking PED"S than I say thanks and show me your best because I'am paying for it.Baseball'Football Hockey'Golf it don't matter it is all entertainment and they want the money and fame so as long as Iam paying the bills PARTY HARDY BOYS and show me what you got.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Creatine is a natural substance that is produced by the body. You can get it from eating beef. You would just have to eat a lot of it. It is unlikely that it will be on the list.

Creatine is found in foods, it can also be taken as a supplement which builds muscle mass. I guess you cant really ban certain foods that contain it so someone with large amounts of creatine found in their blood could simply say they eat foods high in protein. So yeah you're probably right it will never be on the banned list but there is plenty of contraversy and speculation over banning it as a supplement used to build muscle for sport. Who knows the PGA could be the 1st sport to do so.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5959 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!