IGNORED

My Swing (68begin)

68begin
Note: This thread is 2787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi, I've been playing golf for about 2 months now. I've had some lessons from a Club Pro, hit the local driving range fairly regularly (2 times/week), have played 2-3 par 3 courses to work on my short game and have played 4 9-hole rounds so far.  My short game with the high lofted irons is my best game.  My worst is with the driver.  With almost all of the woods and hybrids, I have a tendency to slice the ball, so that it goes off to the right (I'm a righty).  I don't have that problem with the irons (6-SW), so I'm not sure where it's coming from.  I get good shoulder and hip rotation, I keep my left arm straight on the backswing, I keep my head down and I look attentively at the ball when it's being struck.  So, I'm not sure what's causing the slice, but it happens way too often with the wood and hybrids,.  Any help here would be greatly appreciated; thanks.

I've been Playing Golf for: 2  months
My current handicap index or average score is: NH (not enough rounds played yet to get a handicap; am a member of GHIN; typical 9 hole scores are in the mid-50's.)
My typical ball flight is: unpredictable
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Drive

Videos: 

[Delete this, Embed Videos Here]

Edited by 68begin

@68begin, please post your swings when you can. Just paste the url into the post and it will embed automatically. 

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

mvmac, being new here, I'm not sure how to post my swing.  I have a short video of my swing on my very first day, is that what you're talking about?  I will try to upload it, but it's larger than 5mb.

Here's an attempt to post my swing...................

This is from my very first day.  It's a smoother swing now, there's less left foot movement and there's less up-and-down motion.  But, it' still, basically, the same swing.

Edited by 68begin

Hi @68begin, couple things I'd recommend.

- Set-up with the hips bumped more forward, like an inch to a couple inches. Want to have your spine "tilted" a little right, yours is left.

- On the backswing turn the hips in place, your hips slide back. Check these posts out.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!