IGNORED

My Swing (gulfcoastnative)

gulfcoastnative
Note: This thread is 2716 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'd take a look at your posture, specifically not sticking your tailbone out. Would also recommend making sure you post in other threads.

Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 10.15.55 PM.png

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, gulfcoastnative said:

Thanks c rat.. I apprciate all the help.. From everyone for that matter.. Im playing in a tournament this sunday and hope i can get back on track by then..

If you havent had time to work on this and suss it out a little more before your tournament I would advocate playing to your strengths, if your irons are more accurate than your driver then sacrifice the distance for accuracy, or perhaps try doing a 3/4 swing with the driver and almost punching it out there, perhaps try gripping down on it also to gain some accuracy? the worst thing you can do in a tournament is try to work on your swing or work with a bad one,.....i have tried and the stress of being in a tourney emphasises all your swing problems as you battle round, a good friend of mine talked me round a tourney once when my swing was really out of kilter, i dont think i hit more than a 6i that day including on the par 5's and i finished second

:tmade: Driver: TM Superfast 2.0 - 9.5degree - Reg flex
:mizuno: 3 Wood: JPX800 - 16* Exhsar5 Stiff
:mizuno: 3 - PW: MP-67 Cut Muscle back - S300 stiff
:slazenger: Sand Wedge: 54degree, 12degree bounce
:slazenger: Lob Wedge: 60degree 10degree bounce
:ping: Putter: Karsten 1959 Anser 2 Toe weighted
:mizuno: Bag - Cart Style

Thanks carpe..hey i used the swing thought you recommended about my right foot stayin planted better and HOLY S#*T! It led to one of the best days at the range than ive had in a loooong time! Thanks for your help bro!    Thanks Mvmac for taking a look.. I know it looks like im trying to stick my tailbone out but thats my natural posture.. I have a slight degenerative disc due to my tailbone being lifted but I'm working on it.. I try to tuck my hips under most days but sometimes i forget, but i did work on my posture yesterday and had a great day.. Heres some more swings from then.

Much better quality vid's ;-)

You described the drives being much better in the sense that they were "Hit Well"
Just out of curiosity, describe matters like ball flight, launch, or what are you trying to achieve?
It did appear in watching DTL the ball was hit very well, a low bullet, center of target setup with a light fade at the end of the ball flight.

Speaking of "right foot stayin planted better" it appears you do not drive the right knee inwards, which would help the hips rotate.
I'm seeing your right heel lift high with weight on toes, such as an upward push, which I believe causes the swing arc to remain low at impact, as oppose to striking the ball with an upward plane.

Give "flaring your feet at address" a try and see if it helps the lower transition.
Imagine being an infielder who attempts to field a sharp grounder to his left.

He must make a quick movement with his feet in order to position himself.

Another thought, post swings with a 7 & or 5 iron.

I'd be willing to say your footwork/transition is better due to less of an aggressive swing. 

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

On 10/24/2016 at 2:34 PM, iacas said:

• You've got three posts here and they're all in this thread. Post elsewhere and more people will be willing to help and share their insights.
On 11/9/2016 at 5:20 AM, iacas said:

Hey, how about posting elsewhere here, too…?

On 11/10/2016 at 7:19 AM, mvmac said:

Would also recommend making sure you post in other threads.

Someone is bad at taking a hint.

Also-@gulfcoastnative
, you are not going to make a change in one day of full speed swings.

Your swing is not bad but you need to find what they call your priority piece here and then diligently work on it-It will not be fixed in a day and on to the next thing.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Thanks Phil .. Ya Schmuck! Hahaha.. Yeah im pretty aware theres no overnight swing fix.. I was just trying to get a few good ideas of what areas could use some improvement and maybe a few pointers on things i could do to help me minimize my misses.. That and ive always been curious if my swing was decent looking or not. Yeah yeah i get it.. Post in other areas..  

16 minutes ago, gulfcoastnative said:

Yeah yeah i get it.. Post in other areas..  

I think of it more as "join the community".  We talk about the PGA tour, we talk about golf etiquette, we talk about travel and course architecture, about rules and handicaps, strategy, everything golf.  There are threads about food, and music, and various hobbies.  There are a lot of good folks here, and I'm pretty certain you have opinions and experiences that us good folks would enjoy reading.  Obviously you want something FROM our community, some advice.  It only seems reasonable that you contribute something TO this community along the way.

• Upvote 2

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

7 hours ago, Club Rat said:

Much better quality vid's ;-)

You described the drives being much better in the sense that they were "Hit Well"
Just out of curiosity, describe matters like ball flight, launch, or what are you trying to achieve?
It did appear in watching DTL the ball was hit very well, a low bullet, center of target setup with a light fade at the end of the ball flight.

Speaking of "right foot stayin planted better" it appears you do not drive the right knee inwards, which would help the hips rotate.
I'm seeing your right heel lift high with weight on toes, such as an upward push, which I believe causes the swing arc to remain low at impact, as oppose to striking the ball with an upward plane.

Give "flaring your feet at address" a try and see if it helps the lower transition.
Imagine being an infielder who attempts to field a sharp grounder to his left.

He must make a quick movement with his feet in order to position himself.

Another thought, post swings with a 7 & or 5 iron.

I'd be willing to say your footwork/transition is better due to less of an aggressive swing. 

Your spot on with the less agressive swing better transition statement.. Im trying to stay smooth.. The ball flight in those videos was almost as you described.. I hit a low/mid penetrating shot with a good bit of run out averaging around 285 yds sometimes 300+ with a king cobra f6 set at 10.5* driven by a motore f1 70gram x-stiff shaft.. Although it might have appeared to have a touch of a fade im actually drawing the ball about 5 to 10 yards

8 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I think of it more as "join the community".  We talk about the PGA tour, we talk about golf etiquette, we talk about travel and course architecture, about rules and handicaps, strategy, everything golf.  There are threads about food, and music, and various hobbies.  There are a lot of good folks here, and I'm pretty certain you have opinions and experiences that us good folks would enjoy reading.  Obviously you want something FROM our community, some advice.  It only seems reasonable that you contribute something TO this community along the way.

Roger that Dave... Although im pretty new to the forum i am definitely enjoying the camaraderie and definitly look forward to engaging in all the areas of discussion one can find here.. I'm a father of 3 lil ones so uninterrupted time is a hot commodity around this joint but you can be sure that ill be making an apperance in many other areas.. Thanks for having me Dave.. It's nice to meet your acquaintance

13 hours ago, gulfcoastnative said:

Roger that Dave... Although im pretty new to the forum i am definitely enjoying the camaraderie and definitly look forward to engaging in all the areas of discussion one can find here.. I'm a father of 3 lil ones so uninterrupted time is a hot commodity around this joint but you can be sure that ill be making an apperance in many other areas.. Thanks for having me Dave.. It's nice to meet your acquaintance

Welcome to TST!  :beer:

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

Well me and my teammate (+3HCP) took 1st place low gross in our tournament last weekend with a 58! Even though it was a scramble we both played really well and went 14 under... Ive been putting in some serious work and had some help from a good local pro as well and im pretty content with my swing at the moment. 

your shouldeers look like they are open at address, your right shoulder looks closer to the ball than your left because of the way you have reached out to the ball being forward in your stance

could just be my poor depth perception though:hmm:

:tmade: Driver: TM Superfast 2.0 - 9.5degree - Reg flex
:mizuno: 3 Wood: JPX800 - 16* Exhsar5 Stiff
:mizuno: 3 - PW: MP-67 Cut Muscle back - S300 stiff
:slazenger: Sand Wedge: 54degree, 12degree bounce
:slazenger: Lob Wedge: 60degree 10degree bounce
:ping: Putter: Karsten 1959 Anser 2 Toe weighted
:mizuno: Bag - Cart Style

Note: This thread is 2716 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!