IGNORED

What's the best song ever?

TCCcaddie
Note: This thread is 5853 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What do you guys think is the best song ever?

wow, what a good question. for me, i put the "best" into 2 categories. the first being the song that has had the largest impact on my generation. being that i am in my mid-twenties, i do know most of the songs previous posters have noted, but i wasnt around to really see those song's affect on the times. that's why for me it would have to be

Michael Jackson's, "Thriller." That is one tape that i broke from rewinding so many times1 not to mention the fact that that video paved the way for this revolution in mainstream music videos. and many current popular musicians credit MJ with inspiring them to even consider music as their profession. note: im talking strictly music with Michael Jackson, great musician, questionable character. the second category for "best" would be the one song that i could listen to if i was only given the option to listen to one song in my car for the rest of my life. that decision is going to require a little more thought.

HS9 10.5 reg shaft ys5.6
Big Bertha Steel Heads 3 &5 woods
Carbon CB PW-5i
baffler 20* 4i
Vokey wedge 54* White Hot # 1 KARMA balls for winter"maybe if we all stopped analyzing and thinking so much about this GAME, we'd have time to play this GAME like a GAME is supposed to be PLAYED. ...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me start by saying there are too many songs to pick one, I listen to way too much music that i like equally.. That said the only stuff i listen to is rock/metal, oldies rock and rarely i dig up my old school rap cd's (because pretty much all new rap is mindless trash). So i'll just list some bands i listen to on the regular.

Rap:

Nas- Ether
DMX- Listen two its dark and hell is hot, and flesh of my flesh.. (prime examples of what rap should sound like, nowadays)
anything Biggie
eminem- the way i am

Rock
Priestess- There whole cd "hello Master"
Bob Segar or metallica - Turn the page
Metallica- Black, Fuel, one, Nothing else matters
Sabbath- Sweet leaf, War pig, Supernaut, paranoid
The stooges- Search and destroy, Trollin'
Pearl Jam- Even flow etc...
Nirvana- too many to mention
Skynyrd- too many to mention
STP
soundgarden

Oldies Rock- Its all good, Hendrix, Zeplin, Clapton, Marley, CCR, The doors...

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Has to be "White Christmas" by Bing Crosby. Biggest seller ever.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

I was loading songs onto my sons mp3 player the other day and was loving all the stuff I had forgotten about on my computer. One more that I would add to my best list is Rob Zombie: Never Gonna Stop.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Has to be "White Christmas" by Bing Crosby. Biggest seller ever.

To be precise, that song was written by Irving Berlin. The recording by Der Bingle was the best selling version of that composition, indeed one of the best sellers of all time. I'm amazed no one thought of it on this thread until now. Oh wait, there's a generational gap: some, here, even think rap is something one plays with musical instruments rather than what one does with the back of one's fist on a door. Oh wait just another minute! I hear Pigmeat Markham yelling, "Open the door, Richard!" Oh, to hear "Moms Mabley at the UN" just one more time before I die. Actually, I would have loved to have heard Moms' thoughts on current music, especially rap.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

alternative: Pearl Jam-Black (amazing amazing song), Amber by 311 is great too
Rap: god thats tough Jay-z- Dead Presidents II or Nas- The World Is Yours or Either
Metal: Metallica-Wherever I May Roam
Songs of '07
Alternative: Foo Fighters- The Pretender
Rap: Flashing Lights- Kanye West
Metal: This Calling- All That Remains
Reggae: Come Around-Collie Budz or Youth Dem Cold- Richie Spice

great thread BTW

Driver: r7 460 TP 10.5 w/Ozik Altus SX
3 Wood: Tour Proto 14.5 w/Ozik Xcon7 SX
Hybrid: Tour Proto. A2TS 19 w/ Matrix Ozik Altus HB SX
Irons: R7tp w/project x 6.0
Wedges: spin milled 56 w/ Proj. x 5.5 XTour60putter: Monza CorzaBall: Pro V1/ whatevers in my bag.

To be precise, that song was written by Irving Berlin. The recording by Der Bingle was the best selling version of that composition, indeed one of the best sellers of all time. I'm amazed no one thought of it on this thread until now. Oh wait, there's a generational gap: some, here, even think rap is something one plays with musical instruments rather than what one does with the back of one's fist on a door. Oh wait just another minute! I hear Pigmeat Markham yelling, "Open the door, Richard!" Oh, to hear "Moms Mabley at the UN" just one more time before I die. Actually, I would have loved to have heard Moms' thoughts on current music, especially rap.

Stop it. You just made Diet Rite Cola come out of my nose.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

"Tranquilize" by The Killers.

Now for pump up music before a meet I listen to some angry rap music.

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Wow this was tough...But i think this will be a fun list to read especially for all you old fellas. Haha, i was actually raised to love classic rock so that has influenced me a lot but here are my top 5 since its kinda hard to narrow it down to one... especially since i listen to and love many genres of music... Here they are... not in any particular order. enjoy. :)

"Cortez The Killer" (Live at Central Park) - Dave Matthews Band feat. Warren Haynes

"The Divided Sky" - Phish

"Tom Sawyer" - Rush

"Mo' Money, Mo' Problems" - P Diddy & Notorious BIG

"Pride and Joy" Stevie Ray

Hi-bore - 8.5* w/ 77g UST ProForce v2 stiff

PT- 21* x100 shaft

Ta3- Form Forged s300 shaftsVokey 52* 56*- Red X2 center shafted 33" ProV1x- High Numbers only (5's)

• 3 months later...
Dang....that's tough.

For me:
  • Bob Dylan - Subterranean Homesick Blues/Hurricane/Joey/Isis/Jokerman/Tangled up In Blue
  • Collective Soul - Maybe/Reach
  • Live - The Beauty of Grey/Pain Lies On The Riverside/Take My Anthem/They Stood Up For Love/Century/Gas Hed Goes West/Merica/Lakini's Juice/etc...
  • DuranDuran - Come Undone
  • Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond/Learning To Fly
....this is going to take way too long....I'll just leave it at that. There are tons of great artists, great albums, great songs

Something orchestra related..who knows?
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Tribute by Tenacious D

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

Hmmmmmm. Impossible task, so I'll just throw out three contenders that come to mind at the moment...

Gigantic - Pixies

Wake Up - Arcade Fire

King of Carrot Flowers - Neutral Milk Hotel

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

I've got a few that make me feel good...

* Just a Giggolo by David Lee Roth
* Right Now by Van Halen
* On the Road Again by Canned Heat
* Me so Horny by 2 Live Crew
* She's a Lady by Tom Jones

And my all-time can't help but sing out loud make me feel good songs:

Sex Bomb by Tom Jones
Welcome to the Jungle by Guns ' N Roses
Man in BLack by Johnny Cash

Bob Dylan "Shelter from the Storm" the Hard Rain tour version. Watch the video on you tube. Its awesome

Cleveland Hibore XL
Mizuno F60 3 wood
3-PW MP 68
52 & 56 Vokey
Odyssey White Steel 2 Ball

Note: This thread is 5853 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!