IGNORED

GX-7: A Reputable Outfit?

Note: This thread is 1889 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

13 hours ago, Hacker James said:

That's sort of what I was afraid of. I am surprized however that with 14 deg of loft one would have this problem, but you are not the first to experience it. I also had troubles with the TM SLDR mini, realizing that it was more likely me, but that being the case, it did not occur with other drivers. Maybe after working with it for a bit longer, you will find the best way for it to work for you. I am still contemplating the offering by Tour Edge. Thanks  for your input

Now I am confused. Isn't one of the selling points is that it is designed for golfers with slower swing speeds? I have not gone back to the infomercial and may be thinking of another product. If a golfer has to swing faster than his normal speed, all other things being equal, this might not be the way to go. On the other hand, shorter shaft length usually results in more control. I am not bashing the product, only trying to understand and decide if it is for me. 

I had the Tour Edge 3 hot launch 2, this is a club that works as a 3 wood off the tee, and because of lower profile you can smash it on fairway shots.  

It also tends to draw the ball for the slicers because of the offset face. 

For me because of my draw  it drew into a hook.  

I am now hitting Cleveland Blacks fairway metal's get the distance and straight to slight draw ball flight. 

Went back to my Callaway XR 10 1/2 driver, longest drive today 245 middle of the fairway. Hit more than 60% of my fairways and other shots close to fairway.  

Shot an 88 with my old stick's.  

Best thing GX 7 did for me was made me appreciate what I had.

2 hours ago, BradL said:

I  

Best thing GX 7 did for me was made me appreciate what I had.

can't say you didn't  give it a fair chance. Well  done. 

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sadly, I am going to send it back. It just didn't do what I had hoped. The GX-7 seems to not move as much as my driver for bad shots, but the trajectory is too low. Off the fairway, I can't get any air under it. It's a quality club, but doesn't work for me. Bummer.

Wayne

10 minutes ago, Blackjack Don said:

Sadly, I am going to send it back. It just didn't do what I had hoped. The GX-7 seems to not move as much as my driver for bad shots, but the trajectory is too low. Off the fairway, I can't get any air under it. It's a quality club, but doesn't work for me. Bummer.

sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will have no problems in getting a refund. I am facing the same problem on another club I ordered.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

9 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will have no problems in getting a refund. I am facing the same problem on another club I ordered.

How long ago did you send it back to golf tailor?   

Was it the iS1?

I sent my GX7 back and hope to see a refund in a few days because USPS confirmed the return. 

Golf Tailor told me they would ship me another iS1 for free because the red rubber cups keep coming out. 

I just keep gluing them back in, glue is cheaper than me having to pay return postage. 

Let's all keep on another informed about getting a refund! 

@BradL did not order anything from GT. I was talking about an Amazon Purchase of a Cobra Fly Z. It was MY error, not theirs. I failed to notice the club was 9.5/stiff and ordered it because the price was a few dollars less than the ad above the one I had been looking at. The actual vendor is Rock Bottom Golf who I have used before with no problems. The only caveat is that their website states that once an order is placed, it is automatically on the truck and can not be changed. I am hoping that since I sent my email immediately, they will cancel.

"James"

15 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

@BradL did not order anything from GT. I was talking about an Amazon Purchase of a Cobra Fly Z. It was MY error, not theirs. I failed to notice the club was 9.5/stiff and ordered it because the price was a few dollars less than the ad above the one I had been looking at. The actual vendor is Rock Bottom Golf who I have used before with no problems. The only caveat is that their website states that once an order is placed, it is automatically on the truck and can not be changed. I am hoping that since I sent my email immediately, they will cancel.

I am having a similar problem with Amazon on a non golf item. 

There policy is you have to cancel with the vendor and the vendor has two days to reply.  

I called customer service Amazon and they sent vendor an email,  told me to refuse the shipment and I would get a crefit when seller got it back. 

Recommend you call Amazon.  Right now Amazon is very disappointing to me as a Prime Member and don't police their verdure or look out for us as buyers.  

The item I ordered turned out to be a Chinese vendor and it could take months to resolve. 

Try their toll free number, you will talk to someone in Pakistan,  but it is a shot. They gave me another month free of Prime.  

(edited)
23 hours ago, BradL said:

Recommend you call Amazon.  Right now Amazon is very disappointing to me as a Prime Member and don't police their verdure or look out for us as buyers.  

I'm so pissed at Amazon I can't see straight. I'm waiting on a set of grips. They were supposed to be delivered on Sunday, yesterday. THIS IS THE FOURTH ORDER I HAVEN'T SEEN ON THE DATE IT WAS DUE TO BE DELIVERED (edit: IN A ROW)! I'm not going to call them for the sixth time in four orders. 

The problem in this case is with their third-party delivery. They hire Uber drivers who can't find their ass with both hands. They also lie about their attempts to deliver. 

I'm a Prime member. I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon. I like doing business with Amazon. But I'm not going to buy anything from them anymore until they get their delivery act together. Sadly, they have no system to investigate and fix it. They take our phone calls, promise to look into it, and you'll never hear from them about it or anything else.

Beware. If you really want something fast, do not expect it when they say it's going to be delivered. Amazon is not working right anymore. I'm done with them for anything but my books on Kindle. Those skip the Uber crackup system. 

Edited by Blackjack Don

Wayne

I have had good luck with Amazon in the past, but I see what you mean, things do change.

"James"

36 minutes ago, Blackjack Don said:

I'm so pissed at Amazon I can't see straight.

Meditation should help :beer:

I'm thinking of maybe a thread on Amazon prime, if there's much interest. I can easily split out portions of what you've wrote above to get feedback from others (as this is a GX-7 thread). I'm with @Hacker James- great experiences with Amazon prime, including returns/exchanges. Gets a bit funky with the 3rd party marketplace though. But that's OT for this thread. When I'm home later, I may split out a new topic, if I sense people interested.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

2 hours ago, Blackjack Don said:

I'm so pissed at Amazon I can't see straight. I'm waiting on a set of grips. They were supposed to be delivered on Sunday, yesterday. THIS IS THE FOURTH ORDER I HAVEN'T SEEN ON THE DATE IT WAS DUE TO BE DELIVERED (edit: IN A ROW)! I'm not going to call them for the sixth time in four orders. 

The problem in this case is with their third-party delivery. They hire Uber drivers who can't find their ass with both hands. They also lie about their attempts to deliver. 

I'm a Prime member. I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon. I like doing business with Amazon. But I'm not going to buy anything from them anymore until they get their delivery act together. Sadly, they have no system to investigate and fix it. They take our phone calls, promise to look into it, and you'll never hear from them about it or anything else.

Beware. If you really want something fast, do not expect it when they say it's going to be delivered. Amazon is not working right anymore. I'm done with them for anything but my books on Kindle. Those skip the Uber crackup system. 

It's shipping season. Everything is delayed. USPS might be the best bet because everyone is using UPS/FedEx and other means. . .

• Upvote 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Took my brand new GX7 down to the driving range for the first time today to try it out. Very happy with the results that I was getting, both off the grass as well as teeing the ball up. 

4 hours ago, Mick B said:

Took my brand new GX7 down to the driving range for the first time today to try it out. Very happy with the results that I was getting, both off the grass as well as teeing the ball up. 

That's great, Mick! I hope many who try the club find success with it. The guys I've dealt with have been great and I wish them much success going forward. They've been standup with everyone here. Glad you are happy with the club. Best wishes.

Wayne

I think that this post is what got me to nosing around in the first place and  clicking at all the banners that show up on the site and the marketing I receive in my email, that I am confused and don't know what the heck I want. Seems that the trend these days is for High Lofted Drivers that can be used on the fairways and "cure all that ails us seniors, Holy Grail, Golden Elixer".  Heck, a year or so, I would not even consider anything above a 10.5 * loft, but with new technology, larger than life heads, MOI, COR, COG.  My head is spinning!

Folks like me are what keep these hucksters in business!

"James"

It took me a couple of weeks and countless emails before I finally relented and decided to give the GX7 a go. When I took it down to the driving range the other day my first lot of hits were done with teeing the ball up. I was immediately happy with the results that I was getting.  However I thought that the big test would come when I took the tee out of the equation. Once again I was very happy with the results. I experimented with ball position in my set up and found that the best way to use the club was to position the ball as if you were playing a 6 or 7 iron. Definitely DON'T position ball as if you were using a driver.

I ordered the gx7 on Dec 13. I called a week later to see when it would ship. I was told it would ship the week after Christmas because it was in pre order status. It said as much on the website when I ordered it, but I didn't notice because well that's just me. I called after Christmas and was told it would ship after new year's. I emailed on Jan 4 and received a reply telling me that it shipped that day and would be delivered by the 12th. Both reps that I talked to were very nice and offered to refund my money.  It arrived today and I headed to the range at lunchtime. I'm an 18.4 right now. Mostly because I am liable to shoot anywhere from 85-95 on any given day. One day my driving is the problem, the next round it's my short game. I attribute this equally to age(54) and lack of skill!  I started out hitting my G30 3 fairway off the mat. I then switched to the gx7 off the mat. I had trouble getting it into the air until I remembered you are supposed to hit it like a 7 iron. When I did that the gx7 carried the same distance as my g30 but with a much lower trajectory resulting in 10-15 yards more total distance. I switched to the driver and did the same comparison.  I teed the ball up as I would my 3 fairway.  My first drives with the gx7 were dead pulls left (unusual for me). I moved the ball back in  my stance a little and the first 3 shots I hit went significantly higher than the ones with the g30 and about the same total distance. The club reminds me of the Adams tight lies in look and feel. It felt really good in my hands.  The sound at impact is awful! The feel on good contact is very good. After 0one trip to the range I'm optimistic. I'll go to an indoor range Friday and then take it to the course this weekend. Stay tuned!

Note: This thread is 1889 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!