IGNORED

What is your favourite shot to play and what shot do you find the hardest to play?

mgolfer

Note: This thread is 5032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In my opinion, I love hitting flop shots. I only learnt how to do them recently but it has come natural to me and I just enjoy the feel of hitting a high, softly landing shot.

I find that a controlled draw is the hardest shot to play. Although i am a high handicapper, I can hit fades well and every club down till my 5 iron very well...its just the 5 bad shots a round that do me :( lol

So what are your favorite shots and the shots that you find hardest to play?

It will be interesting to read some of the responses.

mgolfer

My favorite is the second shot on a par 5. Notwithstanding a duck-hook into the woods, I'm probably in range to get home in two, usually with the 3 wood. And of course, the thrill of actually pulling it off.

My hardest is a fluffy sand shot. I'll hit one heavy, the next one real thin, there's no consistency. If it's even close to sitting up I've resorted to chipping it out.

Favorite shot: 4i between 150-175 yards. Somehow it just comes easily and the swing is a perfect speed.

Least favorite shot: Any wedge outside 30 yards and inside 70 yards. That distance range just happens to be the bane of my existence.

Favorite Shot (other than a 1-footer for birdie): A lay-up 5-iron from the semi-rough, which usually comes off with perfect draw

Least Favorite Shot: A shot between 95-110 yards (my PW goes ~115 on average, whereas my 54-degree goes about ~90 on average... I have no club to fill the gap)

Least Favorite Shot: A shot between 95-110 yards (my PW goes ~115 on average, whereas my 54-degree goes about ~90 on average... I have no club to fill the gap)

me too! exact same problem, but im working on picking out a 50 deg wedge for the 100-105 yd shot that i always seem to need. and i always seem to get a little too much out of the pw when im trying to hit it soft.

fav shot: any high approach shot from pw-8i (105-140yds). im always going for the pin. whether i should or shouldnt be doing so, but i love seeing divot marks close to the pin.

me too! exact same problem, but im working on picking out a 50 deg wedge for the 100-105 yd shot that i always seem to need. and i always seem to get a little too much out of the pw when im trying to hit it soft.

When I try to hit my PW soft, I usually overcook it or hook it left. Either way, it sucks.

Note: This thread is 5032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!