IGNORED

What is your favourite shot to play and what shot do you find the hardest to play?

mgolfer
Note: This thread is 5937 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In my opinion, I love hitting flop shots. I only learnt how to do them recently but it has come natural to me and I just enjoy the feel of hitting a high, softly landing shot.

I find that a controlled draw is the hardest shot to play. Although i am a high handicapper, I can hit fades well and every club down till my 5 iron very well...its just the 5 bad shots a round that do me :( lol

So what are your favorite shots and the shots that you find hardest to play?

It will be interesting to read some of the responses.

mgolfer

Favorite: Baby fade.
Least favorite: High draw.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

My favorite is the second shot on a par 5. Notwithstanding a duck-hook into the woods, I'm probably in range to get home in two, usually with the 3 wood. And of course, the thrill of actually pulling it off.

My hardest is a fluffy sand shot. I'll hit one heavy, the next one real thin, there's no consistency. If it's even close to sitting up I've resorted to chipping it out.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Favorite shot: 4i between 150-175 yards. Somehow it just comes easily and the swing is a perfect speed.

Least favorite shot: Any wedge outside 30 yards and inside 70 yards. That distance range just happens to be the bane of my existence.

Clubs in my Army-issued duffel-bag...

DTR Irons : 2-9
DCI Wedges : PW 48* & SW 56*
Driver : Mid-Size TP System2 9.5* Metalwood (5) 23*

Favorite shot: Tight bunker shot using the 60

Hardest shot: The low punch fade...I can hit the low punch draw just fine but the fade is tough.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Favorite Shot (other than a 1-footer for birdie): A lay-up 5-iron from the semi-rough, which usually comes off with perfect draw

Least Favorite Shot: A shot between 95-110 yards (my PW goes ~115 on average, whereas my 54-degree goes about ~90 on average... I have no club to fill the gap)

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

Favorite: just about all high flight, soft landing shot
Least Favorite (right now): any type of shot with the big dog

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

My favourite: full sand wedge trying to back it up down a slope
Least Favourite: Flop off hardpan (which there is lots of at my course)
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

Favorite: any 3 wood shot. i've just been money with it lately. off the tee. in the fairway. in the rough. i just love my 3 wood.

Least Favorite: any 6 iron shot. the exact opposite of my 3 wood.
What's in the bag... ( Revolver)

Driver: Big Bertha Diablo 8*
3 Wood: 4DX Fairway 15*
3I-PW: X20 Tours (Rifle Project X Flighted 6.0)Wedges: CG12 Black Pearl 50* 54* SM Vokey X-Forged 58* C GrindPutter: Classic #2 66* lieBalls: Various

Favorite 240 yard 4 iron over water to get my eagle putt

Least Fading a ball around a tree.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

Favorite- 1 foot long, straight putt for birdie

Least Favorite- 1 iron 270 over water with 2 feet of green and a bunker to work with.

In the Maxfli X Carry Bag

Driver- Callaway FT-3 Fusion- Stiff
3 wood- Titleist 904F
Hybrid- Ping G10- 21 degreesIrons-4-PW Titleist DCI's Wedges- 52, 56, 60 Classic 11'sPutter- Odyssey White Hot Tour #1

Least Favorite Shot: A shot between 95-110 yards (my PW goes ~115 on average, whereas my 54-degree goes about ~90 on average... I have no club to fill the gap)

me too! exact same problem, but im working on picking out a 50 deg wedge for the 100-105 yd shot that i always seem to need. and i always seem to get a little too much out of the pw when im trying to hit it soft.

fav shot: any high approach shot from pw-8i (105-140yds). im always going for the pin. whether i should or shouldnt be doing so, but i love seeing divot marks close to the pin.

HS9 10.5 reg shaft ys5.6
Big Bertha Steel Heads 3 &5 woods
Carbon CB PW-5i
baffler 20* 4i
Vokey wedge 54* White Hot # 1 KARMA balls for winter"maybe if we all stopped analyzing and thinking so much about this GAME, we'd have time to play this GAME like a GAME is supposed to be PLAYED. ...

Favorite shot: 9 Iron from 130-135 yards. Just love my 9 Iron.

Least favorite: Chipping from the fringe of the green. Just a total lack of discipline and control. Working on it the most and hoping to make improvements in 2008.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Most Favorite: Driver off the tee with full compression.
Least Favorite: Partial wedges (7:30 swing). For me this is the 35-60 yard range depending on which wedge I use.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

me too! exact same problem, but im working on picking out a 50 deg wedge for the 100-105 yd shot that i always seem to need. and i always seem to get a little too much out of the pw when im trying to hit it soft.

When I try to hit my PW soft, I usually overcook it or hook it left. Either way, it sucks.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

Note: This thread is 5937 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!