IGNORED

New PING G30s

Dozer
Note: This thread is 2568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 2/6/2017 at 10:50 AM, Dozer said:

I ordered my G30s on Jan 16th and was supposed to get them on Jan 23rd but I didn't get them until Feb 3rd, which was Saturday. A little frustrating since I  sold my old clubs on Jan 25th. lol  I now have my G30s (4-pw, uw, sw, lw, 1"+, with stiff shafts and Winn oversized DriTac grips)

I hit em at the range Saturday and was pleased with em. Played 9 holes yesterday and am tickled!! They hit high and long, and are VERY forgiving!! I think I've found the clubs I'll use for a long long time!!

Thanks @PING and thanks, @PatrickHanson at The Golf Nut in Ft. Smith, AR.  

I agree. They show their sexyness with the way they play.

We have the exact same clubs,  I mean exact everything!.  Hitting mine for the first time tomorrow.  The range is closed,  so hole #1 will be the first shot haha.  Oh well. 

Irons - Ping G410 

Driver - Ping G410

3W - Ping G410

3H - Ping G410 

Putter - Ping Sigma 

42 minutes ago, PingLuvR said:

We have the exact same clubs,  I mean exact everything!.  Hitting mine for the first time tomorrow.  The range is closed,  so hole #1 will be the first shot haha.  Oh well. 

I gotta tell ya ...  I  absolutely LOVE mine!! There's a few things to get used to still but I am really pleased with em. I hope you like yours just as much. Lemme know how you do. Good luck!

PING G30 irons 4-pw, uw, sw, lw.

Callaway Big Bertha V-Series driver, 3 wood and Heavenwood. 

Odyssey White Hot putter with 5.0 fatso grip.

Titleist DT Trusoft balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hit a set king cobra irons for the past 15 years.  Just never hit them well.  Figured I just wasn't that good. Always shot in the 90's.  2 weeks ago,  I went on a golf trip to Arizona.  My buddy had an extra set of pings at his house,  so I decided to leave mine home (no big loss).  His Pings we I3's.  I have one word to say....Wow.   Long, high and straight.  All 3 days.  Even the miss hits went straight.  The day I got home I went to Golf Galaxy to see what they had to say.  Decided on the G 30's. 4-pw, sw, gw, lw and taylor made M2 driver. I hope I made the right decision.  

Irons - Ping G410 

Driver - Ping G410

3W - Ping G410

3H - Ping G410 

Putter - Ping Sigma 

2 minutes ago, PingLuvR said:

I hit a set king cobra irons for the past 15 years.  Just never hit them well.  Figured I just wasn't that good. Always shot in the 90's.  2 weeks ago,  I went on a golf trip to Arizona.  My buddy had an extra set of pings at his house,  so I decided to leave mine home (no big loss).  His Pings we I3's.  I have one word to say....Wow.   Long, high and straight.  All 3 days.  Even the miss hits went straight.  The day I got home I went to Golf Galaxy to see what they had to say.  Decided on the G 30's. 4-pw, sw, gw, lw and taylor made M2 driver. I hope I made the right decision.  

Don't worry, Buddy. You made a great decision. I played Callaways for years and never really liked them either so I traded a guy for a set of PING ZINGS. The ZINGS made a huge difference but now I wanted more of a cavity-back so I stuck with PING and got the G30s. I got a good deal too. My whole set, with Winn grips (extra $), was $650 out the door! I'm pleased with it!

I got the Winn oversized grips too.  We must have the same taste,  haha.  Sounds like you got a better deal though.  I was about $100.00 more with the grips.  

Irons - Ping G410 

Driver - Ping G410

3W - Ping G410

3H - Ping G410 

Putter - Ping Sigma 

Great minds ...

Hit the G30's today.  Score wasn't great,  but they felt awesome.  Long, high and straight.  Very tight course and my driving wasn't good. Buddy found a little flaw in my swing.  (Hips were opening up way too quick) After realizing it,  the final 5-6 holes were much better.    But overall,  very happy with the irons.  Very encouraging.  Might play 9 tomorrow afternoon.  

• Upvote 1

Irons - Ping G410 

Driver - Ping G410

3W - Ping G410

3H - Ping G410 

Putter - Ping Sigma 

21 hours ago, Denny Bang Bang said:

@Dozer glad to hear the new irons worked out for you!

As Tony the Tiger says, "They're great!!"

21 minutes ago, PingLuvR said:

Hit the G30's today.  Score wasn't great,  but they felt awesome.  Long, high and straight.  Very tight course and my driving wasn't good. Buddy found a little flaw in my swing.  (Hips were opening up way too quick) After realizing it,  the final 5-6 holes were much better.    But overall,  very happy with the irons.  Very encouraging.  Might play 9 tomorrow afternoon.  

Aren't they the best?!?!! I've had trouble in the past with my lob and sand wedges, around the greens, but not anymore!! I'm so pleased with how they're working out! Now if I could just learn how to play this silly game!!

5 hours ago, Dozer said:

As Tony the Tiger says, "They're great!!"

Aren't they the best?!?!! I've had trouble in the past with my lob and sand wedges, around the greens, but not anymore!! I'm so pleased with how they're working out! Now if I could just learn how to play this silly game!!

Yeah,  they are pretty sweet.  Looking forward to playing again,  possible tomorrow.  

Irons - Ping G410 

Driver - Ping G410

3W - Ping G410

3H - Ping G410 

Putter - Ping Sigma 

A friend of mine went to Golf Galaxy yesterday to order some G30's and was told that they can no longer custom fit them.  Ping will no longer accept custom fit orders for G30's.  Anyone else heard this?

2 minutes ago, jjfcpa said:

A friend of mine went to Golf Galaxy yesterday to order some G30's and was told that they can no longer custom fit them.  Ping will no longer accept custom fit orders for G30's.  Anyone else heard this?

I haven't heard that but it doesn't surprise me. They've been around for a while now. I guess @PingLuvR  and I got lucky getting ours.

On 2/14/2017 at 7:38 AM, jjfcpa said:

Long time lurker here.  I've had my eyes on a set of G30s for sometime.  After reading this yesterday, I stopped by my small local shop and asked about this.  They had not heard this and even ordered a set for another customer on Tuesday.  I'm going back tomorrow to get fit for my own set.  Can't wait!

Edited by Track123

On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 11:31 AM, Track123 said:

Long time lurker here.  I've had my eyes on a set of G30s for sometime.  After reading this yesterday, I stopped by my small local shop and asked about this.  They had not heard this and even ordered a set for another customer on Tuesday.  I'm going back tomorrow to get fit for my own set.  Can't wait!

I hope you get em. I love mine!

• 1 month later...

Can't say enough how much I love these G30's.  Really improved my game (along with a few lessons).  Can't believe how high, straight and far they go.  My only concern is...  I was fitted with these irons before my lessons.  I completely changed my swing path,  so I'm concerned these arent fitted according to my new swing.   Maybe I'm making too much out of it.  I really hit them well,  so I am probably over thinking it.  

Irons - Ping G410 

Driver - Ping G410

3W - Ping G410

3H - Ping G410 

Putter - Ping Sigma 

On Sunday, April 09, 2017 at 9:41 PM, PingLuvR said:

Can't say enough how much I love these G30's.  Really improved my game (along with a few lessons).  Can't believe how high, straight and far they go.  My only concern is...  I was fitted with these irons before my lessons.  I completely changed my swing path,  so I'm concerned these arent fitted according to my new swing.   Maybe I'm making too much out of it.  I really hit them well,  so I am probably over thinking it.  

I think you are over thinking it. I'm really glad you're doing so well with em! I need to get a few lessons too. I had a guy tell me that I have the best softball swing he's seen in a long time. Damn!

I am a Ping advocate after quite a few years of Mizuno mp32.  Ping g25 is what I play now.  I can't find anything wrong with them.  I don't practice so they work great.  Stupid easy to hit.

Ping is a great choice for game improvement clubs imo. 

Note: This thread is 2568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!