IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

506 yard par 5, hit a drive that put me a couple of yards on the other side of the 150 yard marker. As I grabbed the big stick, I knew something special was in the air. I took my normal backswing and let 'er rip. CRACK! I hit it solid down the left side into a 20 MPH tail wind that pushed my ball onto the cart path, bounced twice and landed on the downslope of a hill where it rolled into the middle of the second fairway on the hole. Then I topped an 8 iron into the creek, decided to hit a low 7 iron and lost track of it as soon as I hit it. I did hear a loud sound like it hit a rock somewhere off in the distance... I took a couple of drops and my normal 3 putt and walked away with a 9.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

I had played the front 9 in 3 over heading to the ninth hole but I overcooked my drive left and wound up under a tree at about 145, a little uphill. I couldn't hit a normal trajectory or I would've ripped it into the branches.

I set up aiming right with my 8 iron and turned the face closed to promote a low flight with some bend and just went for it. I hit it and knew it was good. I was ecstatic watching it curve its way toward the middle of the green, and watched it track toward the pin. I wound up staring at a 7 foot putt for birdie. Drained it (that's the rare part).
In the bag 8/12/09:
R9 w/ 63g S Fubuki | 909F2 13.5º | 909H 19º | MP-67 w/ Project X 5.5, 3-PW | Spin Milled 52â¢04, 56â¢08, 60â¢04 | BC1, 35" | Tour One | uPro

Hcp: 5.9
Trend: 5.2

Par 3, 9th hole @ the Diamond Bar Golf Course:
http://www.americangolf.com/photos/D...20Bar%20SC.pdf

The blue tee is 188 yards but the green is roughly 40 feet above the tee box so the hole played roughly 210-215 yards.

I hit a flush 2-hybrid with a slight draw to the front left of the green with a back pin.

In The Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°, Fujikura RE*AX 65g Stiff
Hybrid: CLK 17°, Exsar HS2 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60, Project X 6.0, 3i / MP-32, Project X 6.0, 4i-PWWedges: MP-T Black Ni, 51.06 / 56.13 / 60.08Putter: Studio Style Newport 2, 34" / 340gBall: e5+

9th hole, par 4. I think roughly 420 from the whites. windy and chilly today (it was fairly warm in the morning but by this time in the afternoon it cooled down a lottttt). striped a drive down the middle around 245-250 with a bit of wind at my back. the shot that made me the most proud was my next shot. I had about 180 (back flag) left and i absolutely pured my 5-iron dead straight and it went by the hole another 3-4 yards but almost a perfect. =/ missed the putt but hitting that 5-iron purer than baby jesus was amazing.

XTD Pro - 9.5* - GD YSQ
GS Tour - 15* -GD Red Ice
Rescue TP - 17* - Fujikura TP
Idea Pro Gold - 20* - Mitsubishi JavlnFX
MP-30, 4-PW - Standard Lofts / 2* flat - TT DG RAC Z TP (54*/10*) X-Forged (60*/10*)Scotty Cameron TeI3 - 35"

On the 18th hole, I had 119 to the back right pin location on the top tier of the green with water on the right. Wind was coming in off of the water so I hit a little knockdown 9 iron with a little bit of a cut into the wind. The ball bounced once about 6 inches right in front of the hole and checked about 3 feet behind the hole. It had looked good the whole way, and I thought I was going to get my first eagle. I was able to kick in the birdie putt to end the round on high note.
In my bag:

Driver: R540xd
3wood: F-50
3-PW: MP-60Wedges: misc. + RAC Chrome 56°Putter: Oz Blue ChipBall: One Platinum

Auburn Municipal GC
1st Hole - 9am - 39 Degrees F

The dew is frozen on the the ground and sticking to every crevice at the bottom of my shoes. Somehow I managed to pull out a 300 yard drive on my first swing of the day. My second shot is about 75 yards out with a good lie on soggy soil with no wind and a central pin location. The sun is just coming over the hill and shining right in my face off of my wedge. I hit a thin pitch that is heading 5 feet right of the pin. It lands about 10 feet short, rolls, hits something and goes straight in.

As I approach the green in amazement I realize what happened. The group in front of me had stomped the ice/sludge off their shoes on the green. My ball had kicked straight to the hole after hitting their left overs....

They all count...

Driver:  S3 White Limited Edition 10.5* w/Aldila RIP Beta 65

3 Wood:  Burner 15*

Irons:  Forged Blades 3-9

Wedges:  SV 48, 52, 56, and 60

Putter:  Studio Newport

Ball: Pro V1

Bag: 

The Home Course, Dupont, Washington
Hole 8: Nisqually, Par5, blue tees, 526 yards
Condition: Warm and breezy.

A push to the right drive off the tee left me in the rough approx. 275 to green. Excellent 2nd shot with 4W to center of fairway leaving 50 yards to pin. Let me explain this green: the front of the green is guarded by a bunker on the right side. In the back, there is a bunker on the right and one on the left. The back part of the green funnels any stray shots into these bunkers. The pin is the the middle of these two funnels. This is a very dangerous green so if I shot a high attack to the pin and the ball faded or drew a little, I'd be in the bunker. So I took my 50 degree wedge, chose my landing spot toward the center and gave it a half swing to roll 2 feet past the pin for my bird.

DR: Insight XTD Pro DF2400X 9.5 w/YSQ AD 65g S-flex
4W: Insight 16.5 Stiff
3,4 Hybrid: Idea Pro
5I - GW: Idea Pro -1 degree
SW: RST-DSG 56LW: RST-DSG 60Putter: Newport 2 DetourBall: TP Red

The Home Course, Dupont, Washington

I think its the easiest green to hit on the course, the funnels you talk about trap the ball on the green.

DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

Okay. I'd have to agree that it could be one of the easiest greens on the course if the pin where in the front or middle. But the pin was in the middle of the two funnels, and if you where lucky to not roll all the way into the bunker, you can't tell me that the putt up the funnel is cake. If I ended up on the bottom it would have to be a good putt or flop, cause you got maybe 2 feet from the pin before you start going down the other funnel.

DR: Insight XTD Pro DF2400X 9.5 w/YSQ AD 65g S-flex
4W: Insight 16.5 Stiff
3,4 Hybrid: Idea Pro
5I - GW: Idea Pro -1 degree
SW: RST-DSG 56LW: RST-DSG 60Putter: Newport 2 DetourBall: TP Red

I think its the easiest green to hit on the course, the funnels you talk about trap the ball on the green.

Is the trolling really necessary? Even if it is an easy green to hit, you are killing the vibe of this thread by questioning the greatness of any of these shots.

In my bag:

Is the trolling really necessary? Even if it is an easy green to hit, you are killing the vibe of this thread by questioning the greatness of any of these shots.

Hey man, he was talking about my home course.

If you really read my response and try to understand before making ignorant post, I suggest going in high to the green at the second funnel,because it acts like a back stop.
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

I'm was not questioning your knowledge of the course. I was simply saying that there is no need to call anybody out in this thread. This should be a happy place.

(Yes, I see the irony that the last few posts have been a bit pointed)
In my bag:

I have to share this, even though it is not my shot. In Orlando for business and I get paired up with some randoms. One guy works at the course and is a gamer. Par 5 at 516 yards with a MAJOR dog leg right over water!!! This guy hits driver 300 yards on the nose. He has about 210 to the pin and hits 5 iron stiff. YES, a 5 iron. We can't find his ball until he looks in the hole. Double eagle 2 on a tough par 5. Most incredible shot I have ever seen live!!

907 D2 Tour with Fujikura Rombax 7Z08
909 D3 with stock Aldila Voodoo
909 19*with Fujikura Speeder 904HB
909 24* with Fujikura Speeder 904HB
MX 200's (5-GW) with DG XP's MP-10 54* and 58* Kombi B330-S or TP Red's (while they last)

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday...KP 3 feet from pin on 149 yard Par 3...7 iron. then drained the 3 footer for a purdy birdie!!

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

Yesterday evening.

18th Hole: short Par 4: 255 Metres: This hole has a inviting fairway for the first 180-190 metres (inviting the easy lay-up) it then has 50-60 metres thick rough-covered mounds all the way to the green. No bunkers in front and only one to the back. It is no possible to bump your second shot up to the green as the rough is too thick, your second shot has to be 'all carry' to the medium-sized green that slopes back to front.

I was playing well, so i decided to pull out my fairway metal and have a go. I absolutely cracked my ball with a medium trajectory fade looked like it was right at it. Because of the mounds, if you carry them, you cannot see your ball land. All you can see the the flag. This looked like it was on target.

As i walked up to the green, my ball was missing. I couldn't find it anywhere on the green or around the green. Being the optimist i decided to check the hole (right in the middle of the green), to the laughter of my friend alas it was not there.

The ball was in the super thick rough about 5 meters from the green on the down slope of the last mound. To say i was deeply disappointed would be an understatement.

I decided to hit my SW even though i knew it wouldn't spin, it flopped out quite better than i expected, and rolled 1/2 ft from the hole.

I was very happy. i'll Take that

PS: this hole i almost always hit an 8 iron, then a lob wedge to try and spin it off the down slope.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

My best shot from today's round:
320 yard par-4 ; I usually hit driver followed by anywhere from 8-iron to PW. Today I hit it past the 75-yards to go sprinkler by about five yards.

This was my longest drive that I feel was based on me and not on concrete packed fairways. I've had longer, but they were downhill and/or onto really hardened fairways. This one, not so much.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i hit two of the purest 4i shots of my life today (210 yard club for me).

One was uphill (WAYYYYY uphill), 170 yards with a tree guarding front right... its a par five for the ladies, and a par 4 for the gents. I hit a nice boring fade to the center of the green, 20 feet short of the hole. The only bad part was that the green was so soft it actually hit and spun back... 2 putt for par on that hole is a victory for me any day.

2 holes later I hit a 180 yard uphill approach shot over water drawing around another guarding treeon a really tough par 3. 10 feet for birdie... of course I left that short...
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...