IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Friday I was only 3 over on the round after 16 holes. On the 17th, which is a 148 yard par 3, I hit a nine iron to about three feet. I sunk the birdie put which broke only about an inch to the right.

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

Played yesterday in a Golf Channel Amateur Tour event at the oldest course in Birmingham. The 14th hole was a 252 yard par 4 straight uphill with bunkers protecting the front. I hit a driver that started a little right and had the perfect amount of draw to it. It bounced on the slope right after the bunker on the right side of the green and took a big hop to the left (right at the pin). When we got to the green my ball was 5 feet from the hole.

I was able to calm myself down and sink the 5 footer (couldn't have been easier, straight and a little uphill, with a gradually bigger uphill after the hole). My first eagle ever! Even better, I then went on to birdie the next hole (my third birdie of the day not counting the eagle)!

Unfortunately I had a few blowup holes (2 triple bogeys and 1 quadruple bogey), so I still wound up with an 85, which put me in a tie for 5th out of 10 players. I didn't even care though cause I was still so excited about the eagle.

Anyways, here is my scorecard: http://www.loopr.com/round/show/30200
In my bag:

Driver: R540xd
3wood: F-50
3-PW: MP-60Wedges: misc. + RAC Chrome 56°Putter: Oz Blue ChipBall: One Platinum

9th hole at Dove Canyon. Long Par 5. I was in a fairway bunker about 155 yards fom the pin. Hit a six iron on my 3rd shot and ended up 6 inches from the cup. Birdie!

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

This wasn't my shot...

Played with a young uni student today - 11 handicap - but he doesn't play much. He was absolutely striping his driver all day...

Our 13th is 302 yards downhill. Direct line to green is over a stand of 100 foot trees, but there is a creek running in front of the green. A large pond to the rhs of the green.

I encouraged him to hit driver.

It was right out of the blueprint. Started it to the right of the trees and with a pretty draw over and around them lands pin high and rolls to the back of the green.

He three putted for par

We have a 350 yard straightaway par 4 2 holes later. He told me he's driven the green with a tailwind 3 times before.

Snowyowl

Saturday, 197 to the center into a gale from the THICK right rough. Hit the 19deg Sonartec on a rope, landed 2' past the hole and stopped @ about 15'. Proceeded to 4 putt for double thanks to a sadistic pin placement.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

lipped out for hole in 1 at the pitch and putt, hole was around 60yards

but still - best bit was it is in the middle of edinburgh so we had a gallery

for me it's a entire hole from today....a Par4 411yds dog leg to the right. Hit my drive 248yds over a pine tree on the right corner....carried to the middle of the fairway, left me roughly 163yds to center of the green....2nd shot hit my 7i pin high 6 ft or so left of the flag....still missed the birdie putt...took Par though.......

First tee on the front 9 of my local muni yesterday. 395 yard par 4 with OB left & trees right (usually I'm in the trees). With no warm-up, I smash about a 290-yard line drive down the left side with a baby cut & a ton of roll. I ended up with about 85 yards to the center of the green (the tees were a little forward).

(Pulled my SW 40ft left of the pin, but 2-putted for my par.) -LBB

Bag: Bagboy NXO Revolver
Driver: Dymo STR8-FIT Tour 9.5
3w: Nike T405w: Nike T40Irons: Mizuno MP-33 3-PWSW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 56/10LW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 60/06Ball: Nike TA2/SPN

200 yard par 3 and decided to risk my 3 iron. Was hitting into the sun so couldn't see where my ball went but knew I hit well and straight. Walk over to the green to find it 20 feet from the hole.

Sadly, 3 putted for bogie.

« Keith »

well i have a game tommorow...2 weeks ago...i know it wasnt this week but 2 weeks ago i had a nice chip in from about 15 yards...i was amazed because it was beginners luck..i just started playing alot again lol...went on to score my first 82 game...now im addicted

I hit the best shot of my entire life yesterday. The seventh hole at Mound Golf Course, where I practice 3 or 4 times a week, is notoriously difficult. It's a 191 yd. par 3, uphill, dogleg right to an extremely elevated green. The fairway is very narrow and off to the right is a hill that's so steep they built a stairway so people like me who slice their tee shot can get down there and hunt their ball without breaking their neck. Well, I hit a humdinger of a slice off the tee. Went down the stairs and found my ball in a pothole on a severe uphill lie. Duffed my second shot. Duffed my 3rd shot. The ball was then lying about 15 ft. from the foot of the elevated green. When I say elevated, it's so high that from down at the bottom you can't see the flagstick. I pulled out my sand wedge and hit my 4th shot just right. I saw it disappear over the top of the hill and knew it was a good shot. Just then my playing partner, who was on the green waiting for me, yelled, "Great shot!" I said, "Where'd it go?" He said, "in the cup." Sure enough, I climbed up there and there it was. Better to be lucky than good, I s'ppose. That has to be the most satisfying bogey I ever got.

In the Bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher Ultralight XL 270

FW: Taylor Made 300 17 degree 
3-PW: Mizuno MX-23

AW: Mizuno TP-T11 52/07 (Bent to 50)
SW: Mizuno TP-T11 56/10

LW: Mizuno TP-T11 60/05

Putter: Original Ping Zing

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour

Easily enough, today... Par 5 straight away 526 yards... I pulled my tee shot left in the rough and could only punch out under a tree from there which left me about 150 to the hole.. Hit my 7 iron horrible pulled it hard about 20 yards short left, which left me only a low chip shot to get it on the green w/

Took out 6 iron, and knocked a low liner into a bank just before the green, bounced up and rolled to about 15 feet, two putted for par.

What I play

Driver: 907D2
Wood:960 15*

5 Wood: 960 18*

Irons: Titleist 735 Cm 3-PW

Wedges: CG16 60* and 52*

Putter: Nike Method

Last week on a 526 yard par 5, from an elevated tee at least 30 (yes 30) yards to the fairway, then a it doglegs slightly right around the 140 yard area. Tee shot just off the fairway on the right, about 200 yards remaining (the huge drop in elevation did the work here, not some huge bomb of a tee shot). Set up for a deliberate fade, envisioned the shot like you're supposed to, and nailed a 19* hybrid that fairway, bounced once, and landed pin high just on the fringe to the left of the green. Was the first putt for eagle I ever had. And I three putted for par.

The adventure continues.

Jason Allison
---------------
In my stand bag (which I carry on my OWN back):

10.5* Burner driver Burner 15* 3 wood Burner Rescue 19* Hybrid FP II irons, 4 thru GW No. 588 56* Sand and 60* Lob wedges White Hot XG Tour Rossie Putter NXT Tour ballsOnPar GPS deviceAnd ALL my shafts are stiff.

Mine was today. I was on 18 put my drive on durt and i thinned the ball and it hit into the hill where the green is(Elevated Green) and slowed the ball down and left me a 5 inch yes 5 inches for birdie.

Whats in my bag
Driver: 983K 8.5*
Fairway Wood: 906F2 15.0
Hybrid:585H 19*
Irons 690 CB and MB. CB 3-5 MB 6-PWWedges: Vokey Tour Chrome 54 58 Putter: Bettinardi C-04 Ball: Pro V1X

Hit a drive on #9 today into the right side of the fairway, but because of a tree, I had to keep the ball low. I hit a knock-down eight iron from about 110, and hit it to about 10 feet. Two-putted for par and a 39

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

A few hours ago me and a couple guys were finishing up the last few holes before it got too dark. Hole #16 is a short par five of 488 yards which doglegs right. I hit my drive a little under 300 yards and into the trees on the right. To get over the trees blocking the green I was forced to hit a 7 iron, and the ball landed in the front-right sand bunker about 10-15 yards from the pin. I hit a perfect shot out of the bunker which broke from right-to-left on the sloped green, and the ball caught the lip of the cup and fell in for eagle. The foursome in front of us were watching since they had stopped and waited for us to play through, so I had an audience. And the best part is they gave me a cold Miller Lite.

I hit my drive into a group of trees on a short dog leg par 4 trying to hit a cut around them, which left me about 40 yards. I punched an 8 iron that hit the stick and bounced to about 15 feet and 2 putted for par.

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 

3 Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz

Hybrid: Nike Sumo 18*

Irons: Titleist AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Cleveland CG12 60* 56* & 52* 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5