IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

On this short, par-3 joke of a course I hit the pin stick on a bounce and was about 2 feet away.

Sumo 10.5*
R7 Draw 15* 3W
3dx 17* 2H
Pi5 3-PW
Spin Milled Vokey 54* CG11 60* C-01

Hole 7, par 5. 207 yds. 5-wood. Green is surrounded by water all up the left, green runs severely left, bunker and trees right. I never like going for this green, but i hate laying up with a wedge.

so i wait 10 minutes for the green to clear, , then nail the 5 wood, 12 feet behind the hole. killed myself for not making the putt, but it was still the best by far.

In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

Was playing in a tournament yesterday, 16th is a 580 yard par 5, hit a solid drive down the left and decided to play smart and lay up with a 6-iron. This left me 127 to the pin, according to my bushnell, hit my pitching wedge to about 4 foot from the pin, on the low side and made the putt for a very satisfying birdie.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

Actually... two great holes this week.

First... Par3, 174 yards. Pushed my 6-iron into the sand trap on the left about 25 feet from the hole with a pin 8-10 feet from the edge of the green. Got out my 56* and said to myself, "There's no better time than now to put it in the hole." Blasted the ball out. It hit just in front of the pin bounced once, hit the flag stick and dropped wedging itself between the stick and the hole. My partner was shouting louder than I was. After all, there was no time like then to put the ball in the hole.

Second... Different course. Par 5, 528 yard, Dog-leg right following a pond. I drove the ball to the right side of the fairway with plenty of room; it takes a horrible bounce right and dribbles into the pond. I drop and take out my 3 wood. I pure the 3 and it follows up the shute and comes to rest just off the left fringe, 32-feet from the pin. I debate on using the putter or a hybrid and settle on the hybrid to get it out of the high grass. It's a public course, the greens are in good condition but have terrible ball marks through the line. I stroke the ball. It jumps out of the grass and starts taveling over the bumps and valleys. It continues to roll and finally comes to rest on the right edge of the hole... then drops for a 4. Life is good!

iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

back to back holes

#11- 105yd par 3. Iron play was really suffering so I decided to tee the ball up a little higher and hit a smooth 3/4 9i. Landed 3ft straight in front of the pin and took one hop a little to the right to end up around 3ft. Made the birdie putt.

#12- 300yd short par 4, but uphill to a platform green. Tee shot looked too be good. Ended up 4ft. Shy of a back pin. Missed the eagle putt, but I don't complain with birdies. First time for back to back birdies since I started playing again.

#18 is a 421 yard par 4 here, and at the end of a horrendous round, I nailed my drive with a nice draw 265 to the center of the fairway, leaving me about 166 (according to the cart's sometimes suspect GPS system). Despite not being able to hit the ocean with my irons, I flushed a 6 iron to about 20 feet below the pin, and two putted for par. This is by far the toughest hole on the course. Almost made the pain of my 107 go away.

Almost.

Jason Allison
---------------
In my stand bag (which I carry on my OWN back):

10.5* Burner driver Burner 15* 3 wood Burner Rescue 19* Hybrid FP II irons, 4 thru GW No. 588 56* Sand and 60* Lob wedges White Hot XG Tour Rossie Putter NXT Tour ballsOnPar GPS deviceAnd ALL my shafts are stiff.

Mine would be a 40 foot birdie putt I made straight downhill after a bad approach shot into the green.

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 9*
3 Wood: cleveland.gif Launcher 13* 5 Wood: cleveland.gif Launcher 19*
Irons: cleveland.gif CG1 Black Pearl 3-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gif CG12 Black Pearl 52 & 58 Degree     Putter: cameron.gif California Coronado
http://twitter.com/BFlynn23

Was in a 2 man best ball tournament. I missed an easy 4 foot par putt on the first so we were 1 down out the gate. Got up and down from 50 yards to save par on 2 and we were even. Made a great 25 foot up hill birdie putt on 3 to go 1 up.

But my shot of the week was on 4. Pulled my drive on a par four and had to chip out. I am now 166 yards to an elevated green with wind blowing left to right, partner is in the water. Green is two teared and pin is on the lower level which is actually the right side of the green. I know that I need to land the ball in the center of the green, where the hill is, in order to stop the ball on the green as it is not very deep. I knock a choked up 7 iron that lands exactly where I invisioned. The ball kicks right and the ball rolls to within 2 feet. Tap in for par to go 2 up.

I will remember that shot for some time.

Drive for show, putt for dough

PutterKarsten Anser2
WedgesX-Forged 52* 58*IronsX-20 tours P-3HybridX 21 stiff4-wood R9 17 mitsubishi rayon fubuki StiffDriver R9 11.5 mitsubishi rayon fubuki Stiff

I'm golfing in the morning so hopefully I'll have a better shot to post...

About 110 yards out, lake infront, with just the tip of it in my flight path. I strike it very well despite the guy behind me hitting into our group on my backswing (that's another story). The ball hits the hill infront of the green, rolls with the hill not two feet from the water and catches a snag and hopes onto the green - I ended with a par.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

I've got 2 that had me super-pumped last Sunday.

On the 2nd hole, got myself into some trouble and had a 30' putt for par. I had to start it a good 10' right of the cup bec. of the break. I found the apex of the break, trusted my read, hit the putt. It lipped out. Tapped in for bogey.

On the 8th hole, I had a 20' for par. Had to start it a good 6' right of the cup.... lipped out again.

Two putts with a ton of break. Two lip outs.

But I was pleased with the effort I made in those putts.

G5 Driver (10.5*)
T40 Tour 3 Wood (15*)
G10 Hybrid (18*)
MX-200
588 Tour Action SW (56*) 2 Ball SRT

par 4 - 434 yards

tee shot sliced into the rough, I play on a links course. 210 yards from the hole - pulled out the Hybrid which got me about 4 ft from the hole to slot in for 3.

When your handicap is roughly 25 ish, any birdie feels good

Played 18 holes on my home course, yesterday. On the second hole, I hit a so-so drive and was left 165 yards from the hole. I was just off the right side of the fairway, in some rough about three inches deep. In my attempt to power through the rough, I hit the ball well left, almost out of bounds. My ball was abot twenty yards to the pin. However, between me and the pin was a young tree and a bunker. The pin was tucked to within four or five yards to the bunker.

I took a long slow swing with my 56 degree wedge, hit the ball over the tree, over the trap, onto the green, where it rolled a few inches to pin high, about three feet left of the hole. I made the putt for an unlikely ( for me ) par.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Pulled my drive on the last hole last night. 165 in behind a tree & somewhat left. Ball slightly above my feet and no shot directly at the green. Only option was to cut it into the green (which falls away left to right). I can't cut irons on demand....so I pulled out my 27° hybrid and put a cut swing on (open stance etc...). Ended up hole high with a 20 foot putt for bird. Nice par. Phew! Won the hole and match!

Hit a 270 drive with my 3h that just rolled through into the rough with about a 80ish yard shot left to a front pin. Take a slow 3/4 swing and stick it to 4 feet. Made the bird then go on to triple the next hole to destroy my round.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

i had put my iron shot from around 100 so out, not sure about the exact distance, to about 50 feet from the pin, it was a miss hit shot
THE GOOD PART
---------------
I then made a crazy putt, it was a big breaker, right to left, downhill
i let it go, and it just sailed down, in to the cup

On Saturday I pushed my drive way right. I actually thought it was OB so I hit a provisional just in case. We get up there and I'm maybe five yards from the OB stake but in play. I'm about 90 yards to the flag, but I'm behind a tree with low hanging limbs. I take out my 7 iron and hit probably the best punch shot of my entire life! I end up being about 8 feet past the hole and drain it for birdie.

That got me going and I made birdie on the next hole as well. Still ended up three over on the day though, but I will keep that punch shot in my head for quite some time to come

underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

• Administrator
I hit several 300 yard drives this past week. Sometimes I get on a roll with my driver.

I had two shots that looked like they could have been holes in one in one day (both inside of five feet - from the tee(s), they were dead online).

I hit two approach shots to inside of two feet in a row two separate times.

BigAl can verify all of this as he was here all week. I can't pick a "best" so I'll just post the above.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mine was a few weeks ago there was some guys infront of me and they were hitting the ball every damn direction taking like 15 shots to hit it to the green finally it was a par 3 the one guy im assuming he was better than them says " hey once these idiots hit it on the green go ahead and play thru ok?" so i looked at my bro im like MAN i know im gonna screw up these guys are watching i just know it, he says NO WAY this is your perfect 5 iron range nail it on the green, i thought i hit it a bit far i heard the guys at the green go WHOA, didnt think much of it thought it went in the sand bunker behind the green, they said it hit the hill and it backspinned down and missed the hole by a few inches, putt it in for a birdie putt, that was awesome =]

they asked me how i did the spin, i just told them im as surprised as you are =]

r7 draw driver 9.5* stiff shaft
Big bertha 06 irons, 4-sw
56*vokey spin milled 10*bounce
Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...