IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

this might be the "best shot I will ever make in my life" post so here it goes:

Alling Memorial golf course in New Haven, CT 18th hole.

Hit a decent drive middle right of the fairway, tees were in the back hole playing about 490 that day. Had about 220 left to the green. slight wind in my face so I pulled out my Taylormade burner 5w and took a decent cut at it.

As was typical for the day, I started the ball out to the left and had a slight draw back towards the pin, it was back right on the center of the green. I hit it so well I joked as it was flying in "get in the hole!" It looked damn good and you can not see the green surface from where we were so we walked up.

I was with a co-worker and 2 folks we got grouped up with so there were witnesses to this...

As we walked up to the green, I did not see the ball, I looked in the trap... nothing, looked off the back... nothing.

I walked over, looked in the hole and there it was! A 2 on a par 5! and the funniest thing was, I did not even think of it as a big deal, and had no idea it was until I got home and did some research.

Hail to nub golfers that are still getting there swings down but every once in a while... yeah it got me pretty hooked and excited!

Taylormade TP 2010 9.5 Fubuki stiff
07 Burner 5W stiff

Adams F11 Ti 3W Adilia NVS Stiff
Bobby Jones 21* & 25* Hybrid
AP1 4-gw
CG14  60*::X forged Vintage 56* Ping b60 putter Balls: Bridgestone B330, ProV, Goals: Shot par over 18 holes, Best shot: Par 5 18th hole, Alling Memorial New haven CT; holed my 2nd shot for an Albatross! (June 20th, 2008)

Please excuse me... but I need to talk about the worst shot I made.... as it sets up the best shot I made....

I am probably out in the rough, so I grab my hybrid... I hit it, but as I am on my downswing, I feel the club "slip" in my hand, and turn open on impact. The result is a slice into knee high links style grass.

I am probably 85 yards from the green.....I caught a break and had a pretty good lie.... I grab my SW and hit it as hard as I could (I also had to hit over a tree to get it onto the green, hence using the SW)... the result was, I put it on the fringe.

Chipped on, one putted; took a bogey. Could have been a lot worse.

G5 Driver (10.5*)
T40 Tour 3 Wood (15*)
G10 Hybrid (18*)
MX-200
588 Tour Action SW (56*) 2 Ball SRT

9i from 139 to a front pin spot. Took dead aim and ended about 8 ft away. This is considering 9i goes approx 130. Missed the birdie...
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

crushed a 25* hybrid from 220 stuck within 5 ft of the cup on a par 5... thanks for the eagle :)

Taylormade TP 2010 9.5 Fubuki stiff
07 Burner 5W stiff

Adams F11 Ti 3W Adilia NVS Stiff
Bobby Jones 21* & 25* Hybrid
AP1 4-gw
CG14  60*::X forged Vintage 56* Ping b60 putter Balls: Bridgestone B330, ProV, Goals: Shot par over 18 holes, Best shot: Par 5 18th hole, Alling Memorial New haven CT; holed my 2nd shot for an Albatross! (June 20th, 2008)

138 out.
Par 3.
Wedge landed 5 feet past and spun back and rolled toward the hole.
3 inches.
Almost the hole in one.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

The 475 yard par 5 17th at my local course. Hit my second shot about 30 yards short and right, under a tree and directly behind a bunker. Took a 7 iron, and punched / chipped one over the bunker, under the tree limbs, and onto the left side of the green, where it stuck and fed back towards the pin slightly. Though I missed the birdie, I parred the hole and it was a creative GIR.

Jason Allison
---------------
In my stand bag (which I carry on my OWN back):

10.5* Burner driver Burner 15* 3 wood Burner Rescue 19* Hybrid FP II irons, 4 thru GW No. 588 56* Sand and 60* Lob wedges White Hot XG Tour Rossie Putter NXT Tour ballsOnPar GPS deviceAnd ALL my shafts are stiff.

This happened last Thursday at the local par 3 course.

Used a PW on a 112 yd par 3. Stuck it about 3 feet from the pin, tap in for my first ever birdie.

Then the next par 3, I chalked up a 7 :O

• Administrator
3-wood from 257 yards that from under trees that left me with a 15 foot eagle putt on a par five. Tapped in for birdie (it wobbled coming off the fringe just a little). Nutted it off some hardpan.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

well, i dont know if the last post was last week when i posted or not
but, ill post up again
i was on a par three are my local par 72, its a very nice course... love it
i was doing my tryout for the middleschool team
hit the shot with a 4 hybrid
landed about 10 feet away
and my putt for birdie

this was at the weekend, didn't play particularly well but anyways.
450 yard par 4, pulled drive into the left rough, tried to hit out with my 4-h but got right underneath the ball and skyed it about 100 yards. I was left with 95 yards to the pin on the fairway and hit my 56* pin high, backed up a little to leave me a 6 footer for par which I made. Very satisfying but makes ya wonder why I can't do it all the time

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

I was 110 out on a par four and was shooting three. I was behind a forest of trees, and there was no place to put the ball. It was either go through or go backwards to get back on the fairway. I decided to pull out my three wood and just blast one through the trees. It hit four different trees and ended up dropping on the green and rolling just a little bit into the fringe. Pure luck lol

Things I Am Good at in Golf

- Hitting it in the drink
- Finding the rough with my drive
- Staying in the bunker- Hitting grassburners all the way to the hole- Three putting- Posting over par on 18 in only 9 holes- Swinging and missing with an iron

After this series of shots:
1. HUGE slice off the tee on a dogleg left, ends up in the rough and far away about 220 to the green
2. 3W shank rolls 20 feet, still in rough and a huge tree around 75 yards now between me and the green
3. 5W to try a fade around the tree to no avail, tree eats the ball, but ends up in front of the tree to with clear line to the green
I hit this:

7i out of the rough from around 150, sticks it on the green 15 feet from the pin. I ended up with a 2 putt double bogey, but this one shot really gave me a lot of confidence for the rest of the round, pretty much because it just looked really cool.

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*, Aldila NV Stiff
Fairway Wood: System 2 Midsize 3W
Hybrid: Idea Boxer a3Irons: Bomber Steel Plus 3: 4-PW (Callaway Clone)Wedges: 588 Tour Action BeCu 53* Gap/56* SandPutter: Karsten Anser 2 34"Balls: Back to the drawing board, experimenting with Gamers,...

So today I'm playing the worst I have in a long time. Chunking and thinning, slicing and hooking, only made a few pars and a myraid of doubles. Coming down 18 I crack a good drive for just about the first time today play a good lay up just short of the water and have about 60 yards to the flag. I'm taking a PW in low and playing for release. Pured it, and it rolled to about two feet past on the left side, missing the hole by less than an inch! That would have been my first ever eagle!! But it was still shot of the day!

Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Par 4 - 380 Yards on the 17th - been struggling with the driver so decided to hit a Hybrid 3 from the tee which goes around 255 or so, bring out 8 iron and it pings over the green on a hill 40 ft from the green - the PW comes out and 4ft from the pin. that was my best shot of the week -

Pulled my approach shot right on #17 at Groveport links. I had a literal wall of trees with brnaches to the ground. If I punched low, I had a longbunker guarding the green, so it was either hit it up into trees or low into sand. There was a tiny hole in the branches, so I opened up my sand wedge and hit it literally as hard as I could. The ball went about 50 yards high through that tiny hoole and landed softly by the pin :)

I also carried an impossible par 5 in 2...but shot lousy for the round.

My web design business

9 iron from the rough from about 150 yards out, and stuck it to about 5 feet. Cool thing was I made the putt

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

10th hole today, Slice my 4 wood in to the water, tee it up again(3rd shot) and split the fairway then hit wedge from 100 yards to 2 feet for a tap in bogey that otherwise could have easily derailed me at this point.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'