IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

There were very few to choose from. I would have to say it was the Petron Silver I had Saturday night. Seriously though, I didn't hit it to well yesterday. The highlight was probably my tee shot on the last hole. I had to hit a long draw around the corner to set up a shot at getting home in two. I crushed my hybrid and put it in perfect position. Unfortunately, I hit the next one fat and came up 20 yards short of the green. This created a problem as it landed in the back of the pond that fronts the green. The whole day made me want more of the Petron.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

My first round at Torrey Pines South course, a few weeks ago. 15th hole. Too much draw on a long (for me) drive put the ball off the fairway on the left, good lie but about 20 yards behind a large tree, 130 yard to the green (modest downhill). Branch of said tree nicely blocked the natural ball flight. So, I went with a choked down 5-iron, ball well back in stance, and hit a knock-down shot at maybe 3/4 power. Best shot of my golfing career possibly, crisply hit, trajectory just as intended, ball landed 10 yard in front of green and rolled to within about 10 ft of the pin. Uphill putt to boot.

Imagine my excitement . Possibility of my first birdie on Torrey South - fame and fortune awaited !

Well, I was too excited, I putted about 4 feet passed and then missed the downhill comeback for a bogey . O well, such is golf. Still, that knockdown 5i was possibly my best shot ever, in the circumstances. I can just see and feel it now.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

I hit a sweet sand wedge on 18: 90 yards out, slightly uphill and against a light headwind, hit about four feet in front of the pin then rolled past the lip of the cup leaving a tap-in putt.

Sadly, I was hitting four...

It was a nice bogey save, though

"My swing is so bad I look like a caveman killing his lunch." ~Lee Trevino

Currently playing Maltby C.E.R. 701u

Build your own...Total cost of my complete set of golf clubs: 500 bucks.Beating a guy who sports a $2000 bag of : priceless.

Pitching wedge has been hot this week. Flagged one from 140 the other day. Clank, and got all tied up in the flag before it dropped down to a kick in birdie.

Yesterday on a very short par 3 my ball mark was 10" short of the pin and my ball was 10" behind the pin. HOW DID IT NOT GO IN??? WTF?

I hit a sweet sand wedge on 18: 90 yards out, slightly uphill and against a light headwind, hit about four feet in front of the pin then rolled past the lip of the cup leaving a tap-in putt.

Great post. It's when I realised that saving par or saving bogey with a shot like this was A VERY GOOD THING, something to feel good about, that I began to have confidence in my game and really start playing golf. This was about six months ago. I mean sheesh, if I can pull-hook a drive out of bounds and still pull off a bogey on a par 4, say, it's something to be proud of, no ? In the bad old days, a rotten drive like that would invariably have been followed by two or three additional rotten, angry shots and a treble bogey most likely.

4-hybrid:

• Administrator

My best shot of the past week... wow. I played something like 120+ holes in the past four days, so... hmmm.

I hit a lot of great drives.

But my favorite shot was a standard 100 yard wedge. Put it to about two feet to win a hole easily and to square a match we were playing. It was the 15th hole and I was carrying my team on the back nine with my partner finding the right trees on every hole. Then the other team had to go and nearly record a hole-in-one at the next hole (16) and my chip missed the cup by inches.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

are you talking about your partner, who was 1 under after 6 to finish the round at 89 ? I heard about that guy. He stinks !

There were not too many to brag about. My driver was pretty solid but unspectacular. My wedges were very poor. I hit two tee shots with the Hybrid that were perfect. The last came on the par 5 18th. It's a double dog leg (left then right). I hit a 235 yard draw off the tee that set me up for 240 yard 3 wood into the green. I left it out to the left and made a mediocre pitch to 10 feet. I missed the put, but took solace in the fact that I have pulled off several tee shots with that club when I really needed them. League starts Wednesday and I will be using that club on two long par 3's and a very tight par 4.
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

My best shot was yesterday in monday night league. Had a pretty bad round up until the last hole. Par 3 normally 136 yards, tees were back to around 150
I pulled out a 9 iron, thought about it for a minute and grabed the 8. I hit the most perfect high draw and landed the ball 6ft 8in from the hole. made my birdie put. We have closest to the pin on that hole so i got closest to the pin a maybe a skin, will have to wait till next week to find out on the skin.

Very short par 4, early-in-season tees make it roughly 280 long; highly elevated green. Had a nice straight drive for a tap-in eagle.

Several good drives, but nothing spectacular. Tee shot on 8 was the best. Dog leg right with trouble inside the corner to a hidden green. Perfect fade to the left center of the fairway 40 yards out. Unfortunately I hit a poor pitch that left me with a 2 putt par.

Shortish par 4. Drove into fairway bunker, right. About 110 yds to green, nice unplugged, open lie. Hit a sweet pitcher to within 3 ft, sank the putt for birdie. On a later hole: took me 3 shots to get out of a greenside bunker for a double .... that's golf ! (well, I need to practise those little 40 ft bunker shots, clearly ....)

4-hybrid:

• Administrator

My best shot of the week was a 95-plus foot putt that I thought I made. I had to settle for a tap-in.

Was to a massive par-3 green. My yardage guide said 185, and it was cross-wind, so I tried to hit a soft four-iron. I gripped down a bit, pulled it a tad, and was barely on the back of the green. It was the longest putt I could have had there. Put it to about four inches. Just died left at the very end. Thought I'd made it as soon as I hit it.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The wind was really howling at the course I play over the weekend and I tagged a couple of drives that were among the longest I've ever hit. The second of the two had to be the longest ever.

I'm not sure how accurate the yardage markers are at this course, but if they are accurate I had one at 315 and one at 335. Not bad. Both of them were re-loads. Don't worry, it was a practice round.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

• Administrator

I tugged a drive a bit left on #6 at my course (570-yard par 5). I tried to hook a hybrid over some trees and sling it down the fairway, but it caught a limb and went straight. So I'm 180 out, wind pushing right to left a little, tree blocking me from going further right than the middle of the green, and pin back left. I said "okay, if I hit a 5-foot cut right outside the tree, the wind should carry it left towards the flag. Came off perfectly, hit five feet short, bounced up and rolled to a foot and a half or two feet for my only birdie of the day.

• Administrator

I split the first three holes and the next three holes in my league today, so I came to the last three holes with one whole point to my name. Win the three and I take three. Lose the three and I lose three (out of four) points.

Hit a 6-iron 180 on #7 to 25 feet, came up four feet short, but made the putt to halve. Drew a horrible lie on #8 and salvaged a good bogey, but my opponent made par. So now I had to win #9 to get split the four points in the match.

He drives the ball 290 leaving only about 100 yards to the hole. Dave knows this hole at Lake View... anyway, #9, dead calm, I stripe a drive 320 dead center, 40 yards short of the green. Which is far for me. Really far. Right when I needed it.

I have no idea what club I hit 40 yards to a front pin, so I hit a half lob wedge that just hits the edge of the fringe. I expect it to jump forward and roll out, but it hops and then stops. He missed the green just short and putts up to two feet or so. I have a 20-footer to bury it.

Despite piss-poor putting the first eight holes (I missed three putts just inside of five feet that would have won holes earlier), I told myself this was a great putt. Up the hill, left to right a few balls. I struck the putt solidly and looked up just as the ball rolled the last foot into the cup.

I love this shit.

I was playing in a tournament on Sunday and I holed an 88-yard lob wedge for eagle on my 10th hole (1st hole on the course) en route to a 74 and low gross honors for the tournament. 2 hops, a bit of backspin, and cup! Wheee - my 2nd eagle ever!
In My Bag:
Driver: Titleist 983K 9.5°, Harmon HTD CB-65R
3-Wood: Mizuno MP-001, 13°, Harrison Striper Titanium
Hybrid 1: TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP, 16°
Hybrid 2: TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP, 19°Irons: Ping S59 Tour 4-PWWedges: Mizuno Black Nickel 51.06 / Cleveland Black Pearl 58.08Putter:...

Best shot was on saturday,

A tounament in Amsterdam, hole #18 i hit a 5 wood about 200+ yards i guess,
a real zinger with ended up un the edge of the green...

rest of the round was really bad..

In the Bag:

MP-001 10 degree exsar 60
MP-001 3 wood grafalloy prolite elite
T-40 5 wood nike stock regular 22&26 degree CPR hybrids 5-9 CPR II 48 degree forged wedge 52&56 degree CPR wedges Corza monza