IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

1st hole on Saturday, par 4, 240yds. I left my my first shot about 60yds away. Second shot, using a wedge, I put it with-in 10" of the pin. I made the put and took a birdie. If ths shot would of fell, it would of been my first eagle and I have only played about 8 rounds of golf in my life. I couldnt wait to hit the next hole. Dont ask what happened the rest of the day, lol

Cuz

It was not my shot, but I watched by father-in-law stroke a hole-in-one. He had just finished explaining to me why he uses his 7-iron on a 118-yard par 3 with an elevated green, then proceeded to knock it in the cup!
"Never follow a bad shot with a stupid shot."

It happened on Saturday, on a long par 4 where I got on the green in 2. Had about 25-30 feet to the hole, hoped for a close enough putt that would help me make par (making par is an occational happening for me). Just made a smooth stroke that I knew has too hard, the the ball went straight to the hole, hit the back of the cup, jumped a foot in the air and went in!!! ALRIGHT my second birdy ever!!! LOL i was not expecting that at all, and was absolutely surprised by it.

In my Bag-Boy NXO Revolver cart bag:
Driver: 909D2 9.5, UST Proforce V2 x-stiff
Wood: Burner '09 3-Wood
Hybrid: H585 3-Hybrid, stiff steel shaft
3-PW: : MP-57 4-PW, Rifle Project X 6.0Wedge: Solus 51, 56, 61Putter: White Hot XG Teron 34"Ball: ProV1x "Practice"

Today on a par 4 390 yards, i banked my ball on the backside of this trap which carries 250, and the think just kept rolling, and rolling (it was a line drive type drive), it ended up rolling to about 320, which for me the stars must have allinged. I normally hit around 240, I was pschyed. I chipped on and two putted for par, and the whole

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

I was playing at the Ranch golf Club in San Jose, Ca (that place is a beast! 144 slope rating!). I was on a 460 yard par 5 with a severe dogleg right. I hit a great drive and leave myself about 185 to the green in the back of a 3 tiered green, with lots of sand in front, and the landing area is blind. I decide to draw in my 5-iron; I hit a high shot that starts well right of the hole and flies over lots of houses on the side of the fairway, the ball comes back left, but I can't see where it lands.

I walk up to the green and see my shot is about 7-8 from the pin, leaving me a straight eagle putt.

Worst shot of the round: I missed a 7 foot eagle putt by a few inches.
"There is no miracle tip. Fix your swing."

In the bag:
Sumo2 w/ Aldila VS Proto 60g S
Halo 2h Apex Pro 4-PW Vokey 2 52.08/56.10/60.04 Red X #3 34" Tour Deep

First hole at Avalon Lakes sunday. Hit my drive down the left side had 126 in. Pulled my wedge 2 feet long spun back and rested on the lip. Bummer it didn't go in but felt like i was playing Tiger Woods golf game.

In the Bag:
Driver:Adams Speedline F11 9 degree RIP Gamma 

3 Wood: Adams Fast 10 15 degrees Voodoo shaft
Hybrid: Irons: Mizuno MP59 Sensicore  XStiff

Wedges: Cleveland Gun Metal 52 56 degree

Putter: Rife: Belly Barbados Tropical

Ball: Titliest Pro V 1

Par 5 in my golf league (the only one on the front), it's 500+ something, with a creek to carry around 230, then it turns pretty sharply left and goes uphill. I haven't hit a good drive on it all season, usually pushing it and rolling through the fairway. I usually hit a little cut, so I always aim up the left edge of the pre-dogleg portion.

There was a player out ahead of us on the far edge of the fairway, just past the corner, heading up left, and right along my extended line, but seemed way too far away, so I proceeded. I told my partner I was going to put my tee shot right on his head, more as a quick joke, not at all actually meaning to hit him. Well, damn, if I didn't hit probably the straightest, penetrating, most beautiful trajectory laser-ball, on a bee-line right at him, and I killed it. I felt pompous to think it could reach him, but I had to yell "fore." Luckily, it fell about 15 yards short of him, landing pretty softly on the hill, right in the middle of the fairway.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

9 iron on a short par 3 (~120 yards). Lands to the right of the flagstick. Thought it was going to roll into the bunker but actually kicked or spun back to the left and was left with a 4 foot putt for birdie.

I hit my G5 22* hybrid to within 4 feet on our #16 a 223 yd. par and made my bird yesterday. This is 1 of 2 par 3s on our back nine (#14-199 yd.) These to holes are affectionately know as to t easiest par 4s on the course.

Drive down the right side of the fairway leaves me with 120 to the pin, pull out 9 iron and it stops about 8ft away, made the putt for birdie.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

I had a nice little chip on #2 that rolled to within 6 in. My approach was a little long and left, just into the fringe about 15 feet and uphill from the hole. Landed it just on the green, nice and soft and let it release down the hill where it nestled up nicely for a tap-in bogey.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

played 18 wednesday (took 1hr 45mins). hit 3 GIRs in a row. unfortunately, those were the only ones i hit.

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

Not one shot per se, but more like one hole. Played the last hole with just a 7 iron and a putter, betting my buddy that I could beat him, even if he used every club in his bag. Well, despite putting two balls into the woods (lost) I still got a 9 to beat his 10. It was ugly, but I got a free sandwich.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Havent played for 3 weeks and the first swings on the range felt quite awkward. Round was going mediocre at best (not much feel for short game...). 14th hole is a 410yards Par4, pretty straightforward (as long as the ball stays on the fairway). Hit a good drive and had 135y left to the flag. Hit a 8iron which felt awesome - ball went straight to the flag - i´m really glad i didnt had to use the putter anymore :). First eagle for me - and quite an unexpected one.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Today was crazy, t-shot from a short par three and I lifted up, topping the ball and hitting a shallow line-drive. The ball skipped twice off the water hazard and into the sand trap to the left of the green. My shot out of the bunker goes in the hole to birdie the hole! We couldn't believe it.

907D2 10.5*
F60 15*
Rapture 18, 21 hybrids
S58 5-PW
Tour 52, 56, 60 degree wedges Newport 2.5 TP Black Edge bag

I went out yesterday, got to the course and my buddy was already on the tee box waiting, so I just walk up over, he tells me to tee off first. I don't take a practice swing or anything, and hit a drive that carries about 240 down the middle and rolls to about 280. It was my best drive of the day and possibly best shot of the day/week.

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

3 wood out of the sand today on #18. Was playing really aggressively and wasn't going to settle for bogey on a long par 5, so I had to get about 220 yards over a corner of a lake to get within iron range of the green. Couldn't have hit it better. Stuck a 7 iron on the left side and got my par.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Yesterday, #4, 367 yd. par 4 with a pretty severe dog leg left. I had never played this course before, but the two guys I was playing with warned me not to hit driver because it will go through the fairway and into some total unplayable junk - not sure if it was a hazard or not. Anyway, 3-iron wasn't going to be enough to get out to the end of the dog leg, so I pull out my 3-wood, which I'm not very confident with. I hit the best shot I've ever hit in my life with this club, nice and high, dead straight, about 220-225, right down the center, and perfectly positioned at the end of the dogleg for a nice look at the green. Put an 8-iron on the green and two-putted for par.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...