IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Although my score would not suggest it, I hit several good shots yesterday. I had two really good hybrid shots. One from 205 and one from 195. Both hit the green. I also sunk a 12 foorter to save par after a terrible lag putt. I hit a 110 yard wedge to 10 feet, after having to play out sideways on my second, but missed the par putt. The best however came on the par 3 16th. It was playing 147 yards to an elevated green. There was a little wind in my face but not more than 1/2 a club. I hit an 8 iron to 12 feet. There was part of the cover of the ball on the face of the club and it was perfectly centered. The putt was right of the hole and broke about a foot. I had two leafs in my line and picked them both up but dropped one. I decided to leave it there because it gave me a perfect target. I hit the right edge of the leaf and the ball rolled straight in. First birdie of the year.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I played a match in our club's Memeber/Member Tournament last Saturday. On hole 9, I received a phone call regarding my ill mother. As I was talking with a cousin about how to manage a situation, I motioned for my group to move to the tenth tee and I would catch up with them. Given the nature of my call, they graciously moved on.

When I got to the tee, everyone had fired but me. I was still talking. I grabbed a ball, my driver and a tee. I placed the phone on the ground, set up the ball and swung away. I picked up the phone and joined my partner in the cart and we headed down the fairway. I found I had hit my best drive of the day. I parred the hole.

Right after I putted on 10, I realized I needed to call my cousin back. Same scenario on the 11th teebox. I swung last witht he cell phone on the ground. Everyone heard my cousin chattering away as I addressed my ball. My swing was followed by the remark from one of our opponents, " Take that damn phone away from him! He's just made the best two tee shots of the day!" I parred that hole, one of the course's hardest, for a net birdie ( I received an extra stroke on that hole because of the handicap system we were using for the tournament ).

I think I struck the ball so well on those two holes because I was so relaxed. Regardless, they were my best shots of the day.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Matchplay on sunday 16 hole I was 2 up, had 150 in to the green down wind, hit a pitching wedge to 2 inches, needless to say I won 3 and 2

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I holed out a wedge from 120'ish a week ago for a 2 on a par 4. That was a great shot.

I had 8 other birdies in my last 4 rounds, most of them set up by wedges from 120 range, and only 2 of the putts were longer than 6 feet.

Working on the wedge game has done great things for my scoring.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

It was at the driving range. Super easy and controlled 3/4 swing with my wrists actually in the right position at impact. It was a 9-iron that flew about 140 with a 1yd push + 1yd draw. Not only did I completely pure it, but my attack angle was so perfect that the ball flew at the most beautiful trajectory I've ever seen in my life. I didn't feel the shaft deflect into the ground like you do on a misguidedly steep swing when you're trying to get that trajectory. I'm sure if there was a hole out there I would have landed in it

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Smoked this driver about 250 today. Usually a long drive for me is 225.

In my stand bag -

Burner 420, 10.5* Regular Shaft
V Steel 3 Wood, 15* Regular Shaft
V Steel 5 Wood, 18* Regular Shaft MP Fli-HI 2 Iron, 18* Regular Shaft, Steel (If not playing 5 Wood) 2007 FPs, 3-GW MP-T Series, 56* Raw Haze MP-T Series, 60* Raw Haze (Dont really play with this yet, trying to...

Holed out from 80 yards for eagle on a 359 yard par 4. That will probably be the highlight of my season!
In the Bag:
Driver: R7 425
FW Woods: SQ
4-PW: MP-57
GW: 252-08SW: MP-T Black Ni 56-14LW: MP-T Black Ni 60-05Putter: White Hot #5 CSBall: Pro-V1

in a bit of a muck-about round after school, playing a 190 yard par 3, took five wood, gripped down shaft aimed 50 yards left,(over O.B) opened up stance and cracked it, it flew straight over O.B and started to turn pitched on middle tier rolled up to bout 7ft on the top tier! now considering that to be my "normal" line

INT Grom

MP600 - UST V2 STIFF SHAFT

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

Today: 502yd Par 5 #6: 2i/5W 19deg Sonartec Hybrid (1st time ever hit on the course) from 215. Flew it to 12' and lipped the eagle.

Tap in Birdie.

I LOVE my new Hybrids bought out of The Sand Trap Marketplace!
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Hit a 6 iron out of a bunker about 160 yards away, Shanked it, it hit the lip, and rolled all the way along the ground onto the green about 10 feet away from the pin.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Hit a 6 iron out of a bunker about 160 yards away, Shanked it, it hit the lip, and rolled all the way along the ground onto the green about 10 feet away from the pin.

God I love shots like that.......

I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I played yesterday and hit three of the best shots I have hit in two years within a 4 hole stretch.

The first was a 320 yard par 4 in which I drove the green pin high 25 feet to the left of the hole. It is the first time I have hit the green in three years of playing the course. I missed the putt for eagle by a foot (made the comebacker for birdie.)

The next hole after that is a 180 yard par 3 with a 30 foot drop in elevation. I hit a seven Iron flush and it landed 6 feet from the hole and stopped within a foot of where it landed. The putt had over a foot of break in it and I thought I hit a good put but it caught the lip and spun out. I made the next one for par.

I parred the next hole which is a 575 yard uphill par 5.

the hole after that is a downhill 430 yard par 4. I hit a poor drive but it ended up in the middle of the fairway 185 yards out. I hit a 6 iron and hit what felt like the best swing I have made in a long time. It felt so good coming of the club. It started an the exact line I had aimed and had a slight draw to it. It landed just on the green and started rolling right at the flag. From my view point it looked like it was going to go in. I could see that it caught a piece of the hole because when it rolled by it turned another direction. When I got up to the green I was greeted to a 3 foot straight put for birdie which I sunk.

So as I mentioned I hit 3 of the best shots I have hit in the past couple years all in a 4 hole stretch.

Tuesday the 4th hole at my club is a par 4 346 yard slight dog leg left around native grass field and is about 250 carry to the corner. Well I nutted my 12* right over the corner and thought it might be pretty good(can't really see the green from tee) drove up and had a 15 footer which I dropped for a 2. Some fun huh?

TaylorMade Burner TP 9.5* stiff shaft Driver and Taylormade 15* medal
Cleveland utilities 22*
Taylormade tour prefered irons with rifle flighted 6.0
Taylormade z groove tp wedges 52* and 58*
Rife Antigua blade putterTitlest Pro V1X, Bridgestone 3000s Black

Par 5 15th. I hit a very solid drive about 285 into the wind. Everything runs to the right side of the fairway so I could not see the green from where I was, but I had 240 left. I took my 3 wood and aimed at the 16th tee. I hit a perfect shot. It faded around the corner and if not for the head wind I would have reached the green. I came up about 15 yards short. I followed it with a pitch that looked great. It landed about 3 feet left of the flag but released and rolled 20' past. The putt was slightly down hill and broke a little right but I put it in the left edge. The speed was perfect.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

235 yards 100ft uphill blind par 4. I hit a 3 iron into a L-R crosswind and landed on the right side of the green. It's the number 5 hole at Hancock in Austin. It's an extremely difficult green to hit. I was actually trying to lay up to the right because of that, but pulled it long and left. The guy at the practice green to the right of the hole couldn't believe it. I wish I could've seen it from his perspective as opposed to mine, which was "Pulled it over a tree and it disappeared". Plus I was playing with a couple of guys so a lot of people saw it. That always makes it sweeter.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Yesterday at Jones Creek in Evans, Georgia.

#8 par 5. I hit a decent length drive but it faded a bit at the end and went into the right woods. I had to close down on a 4-iron and punch it out back to the fairway.

I was left with a long approach shot from the right side of the fairway. The hole was tucked back on the right also with tree limbs overhanging my initial position. The green also has a creek protecting it from the front along with bunkers.

I was 205 from the center of the green according to the gps unit in the cart. Wind was not a factor as this hole is well protected from most wind. I hit a solid 3-iron. It started out low beneath the limbs and then began to rise out over the center/right of the fairway and then fade slightly from it's apex down to the green.

I couldn't see where it landed due to the contour of the fairway/woods but my playing partners comented immediately that it was a nice shot.

It felt great to head up to the green and see my ball pin high putting for birdie on a par five that I didn't drive well.

Didn't make the birdie putt but it was close.

The thing that made this shot so special to me was the fact that I weighed my options well and evaluated the risk/reward of the situation well. I envisioned the shot shape and made a decisive play. The shot was flush and flew just as I had planned (hoped).

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Well just started my season(North Dakota will do that to you with blizzards 2 weeks ago). Had a really "boring" round but very solid course management and shot my handicap from last season which was nice to start the new season. ANYWAY...

My only shot(s) that were out of the ordinary was on a dogleg left par 5 that I hit a gorgeous 3 wood draw to cut off the corner. Followed that up with a great 3 iron from 215 out 10 feet from the pin.

In my Hoofer:

Driver: Big Bertha Warbird 9*
3Wood: Big Bertha
Irons: Eye2 BeCu 2-PWWedges: 56 & 60 RTG 588Putter: Sedona