IGNORED

bunkers

Note: This thread is 5967 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not sure if your joking or not, but you don't hit a bunker shot 'cleanly' You should effectivly hit the ball 'fat' (Hit the sand about 2 - 4 inches behind the ball), the clubhead should never touch the ball in a good sand shot, it simply hits the sand, and the sand pushes the ball out of the bunker. (not a very good post/explanation but im still hungover/drunk from last night)

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

depends what type of bunker shot you are trying. if the shot required is a short bunker shot out of a deep bunker than yes you should blast it. but if the bunker is shallow and you are required to hit a 20-25m shot then you want to pick it cleaner to get the distance

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

depends what type of bunker shot you are trying. if the shot required is a short bunker shot out of a deep bunker than yes you should blast it. but if the bunker is shallow and you are required to hit a 20-25m shot then you want to pick it cleaner to get the distance

Regardless of the length of a green side bunker shot (this is not including fairway bunker shots) you still do not hit the ball, you splash the ball out of the sand, you just change the speed at which you hit the ball and the club that you use, remember Tiger Woods said he will use anything up to an 8 Iron to hit greenside bunker shots

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Remember to swing through it and not give up on the swing along with what they all said.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

with buker shots i hav been getting the ball out cleanly but it just launches over the green i swing about 60% should i swing faster and shoter to controll it

That explains it. Stop hitting it cleanly.

I play the ball an inch or two ahead in my stance and then take my normal swing, as though the ball were center and I were trying to hit it clean. Ever since doing this, I haven't had the misfortune of leaving the ball in the bunker. And yesterday, I holed out from a bunker during a round. A buddy of mine saw the look of surprise on my face and said "he's never done *that* before." Quite amusing.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here...

Great video. It's good that someone explain the theory behind instead of just telling what to do.

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

Note: This thread is 5967 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!