IGNORED

Weirdness on the Course

Bballref
Note: This thread is 2595 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That would be very weird, Hacker James. :)

This is a golf community. If you live next to a golf course (fairway) you understand. They are longtime golfers, and support the club and the members.

There were no 'No Trespassing' or "Private Property" signs. Very forgiving golf environment. In fact, there are no such signs anywhere on the course. We're all in this together.

If the home owner has a sign that says 'DO NOT ENTER' (and maybe some razor wire), I'll write off that ball, and move on and hope they don't blame me for my errant drive violating their safe space.

A few years ago.... we looked at buying a very nice home next to the same 18th tee. The wife said she did not want to hear golfers teeing off all day long. So, that house was taken out of consideration. We did not buy the property -  and later complain about the sound of so many balls being hit from the tee.

BTW - My pumpkin head is fine. It was only a flesh wound. :)

Getting way off the original topic. Sorry for that.

Edited by CCC
Pumpkin.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My wildlife adventure came at the Ft. Sill Golf Club in Oklahoma. (Old layout, circa 1999).

My brother and I were playing down No. 15, a par 4 that crossed a creek near the green. In the middle of the fairway were two deer, who were munching on grass. We clapped our hands so that they ran away back up the fairway.

Coming back up No. 16, we have to cross the creek again. We hear a rustling down in the creekbed, and up pops a bobcat! He sniffs at us, then turns around and runs back up 15 fairway.

Never did find out if the bobcat caught up with the deer.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I don't have things quite as interesting as some had to share, but have seen some cool things (the typical such as moose, gators, all sorts of wildlife).

But the two most interesting...

My buddies and I saw two hawks entangled in the air, and all of a sudden something fell and they separated.  We drove up, and it was a good sized cutthroat trout, the two had been battling over in flight.

A course I played a bit when I first moved out to SLC, had a family of fox on the back 9.  On number 10, I saw one of the fox just chilling next to a tree, and all of a sudden pounce on a squirrel as it popped its head out of the ground.  It got pretty gruesome from there, but interesting.

edit... here is a 3rd.  At Wolf Creek in NV, my brother and I got surrounded by these little chipmunk looking things. I forget what tee it was, but somewhere towards the end of the back 9.  Literally over a hundred of them surrounded our cart and were scavenging through it looking for food or something.  Was kind of freaky

Edited by Denny Bang Bang

Note: This thread is 2595 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!