IGNORED

ball fitting

Note: This thread is 5917 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What is your handicap? 18
What is your swing speed? i wanna say 80-90
How far do you hit your driver? 240-250
What is your miss with the driver? high right..but its a swing/release problem.
What one shot would you like to eliminate the most? fat...
How far do you hit your seven iron? 145
With a full swing with a sand wedge, what do you typically expect the ball to do once it hits the green? (drop and stop, come ripping back, roll forward) drop and either stop or roll back but not forward
Do you prefer to hit high flops around the green or chip and runs? i like to fly it a little closer than running it.
What price range are you looking at? 30$

Driver:10 degree HS9 F speed Stock Regular
FW: 15 degree sasquatch stiff
906F4 18.5 V2 proforce stiff
Hybrid: 21 585H V2 Proforce stiff
Irons: Cobra Fp 4-PW Nippon StiffWedges: CG12 56 degree Wedge Flex Putter: Rossa agsi+ Daytona 1 35"

Can I play?

What is your handicap? 7-8
What is your swing speed? 97
How far do you hit your driver? 245 carry, 265-270 total
What is your miss with the driver? pull
What one shot would you like to eliminate the most? duck hook
How far do you hit your seven iron? 163
With a full swing with a sand wedge, what do you typically expect the ball to do once it hits the green? (drop and stop, come ripping back, roll forward) drop and pull back slightly
Do you prefer to hit high flops around the green or chip and runs? No preference, I will hit flops when needed over bunkers and to short sided pins, run the ball most other times
What price range are you looking at? I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

OK, so I lucked out with one person having stats that I had and had been fit for, so that helped. I can't help the rest, but hopefully other board members can.

But I notice the last two to post are in Florida. Bridgestone is doing their Ball Challenge there for a few months: http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/en/pr...eschedule.aspx . They'll have you hit balls of your choice and balls of their choice and will give you the stats for each. I was told I'd play better with the e6 than with the Titleist DT So/Los, and that observation has shown itself in my play since then. A friend of mine was told his current ball wouldn't matter versus the Bridgestone equivalent. You may want to give it a try if it's coming to a course near you.

(I am not affiliated with Bridgestone and I receive no benefit from telling you about this)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Can I play?

This is too funny. The Golf Magazine just showed up and on the cover it says "Revealed: the best ball for you". I took the tests and it recommends in my price range the NXT Tour, E5+, Burner TP, Top-Flite Gamer, and Wilson Zip. I may need to do some more field testing. BTW, I have been using the Maxfli Revolution/DT Solo without too many complaints.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

The Golf Magazine just showed up and on the cover it says "Revealed: the best ball for you".

9 characters

Driver: Sumo2 5900 10.5*
3+ Utility: 3DX Utility 13.5*
Hybrids: 4DX 18.5*
Irons: MP-30 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM54.10 & SM60.04Putter: T.P. Mills StudioBall: GamerBag: Warbird Stand

• 1 month later...
Hey Gas_Can,
Can you help?

What is your handicap? 29
What is your swing speed? 90
How far do you hit your driver? 180 to 190 carry
What is your miss with the driver? slice
What one shot would you like to eliminate the most? fade/slice
How far do you hit your seven iron? 135-140
With a full swing with a sand wedge, what do you typically expect the ball to do once it hits the green? drop and stop
Do you prefer to hit high flops around the green or chip and runs? chip and runs
What price range are you looking at? under $24/dozen

p.s. My short game and putting are a lot better with softer feeling balls
No rock-like balls

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

i read an article from prcept that they did a survey and found that many men actually use the lady type soft balls. in fact various club champs from theyre survey used the ball. apparently they are cheap and actually nice balls to hit.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

i read an article from prcept that they did a survey and found that many men actually use the lady type soft balls. in fact various club champs from theyre survey used the ball. apparently they are cheap and actually nice balls to hit.

That is true...now precept has come out with a similar ball for the men called the laddie...i've heard nothing but good things about the ball and pricewise they are pretty cheap ($20 for 2 dozen at Wal-Mart for the laddie xtreme's)

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5706749
In the bag:

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto stiff shaft
Woods: Burner 15* 3 Wood w/ Fujikura, stiffHybrid: 503H w/ Aldila NV, stiffIrons: 755 3-9 w/ Project X 5.5 shaftsPitching Wedge: MP-T 47*Gap Wedge: MP-T 51*Sand Wedge: MP-T 56*Putter: Rossa SienaBall: Laddie/Laddie...

Note: This thread is 5917 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!