IGNORED

My Swing (Killa)

Killa

• Administrator

Not a huge fan of the "out and up and then loop it under" move, but you're certainly not doing the old hard roll over the top that you used to do, so that's good progress. Are you still working on something or are you looking to address something new?

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)
8 hours ago, iacas said:

Not a huge fan of the "out and up and then loop it under" move, but you're certainly not doing the old hard roll over the top that you used to do, so that's good progress. Are you still working on something or are you looking to address something new?

Well I try to get the club to parallel on the backswing (a2?) so that it is parallel to the target line as wellΒ but I end up a bit further in front when doing full shots and then standing the shaft up while still getting depth.Β 
Β 

Β 

This is what I mean as is Tommys backswing in that video.Β 
Β 

Right now I have started working on turning my hips better before impact. I have done some home practice in front of a mirror and I hit two buckets at the range today. I remembered your topic of sliding the hips when I watched a β€œhow to swing like fleetwood video” -Β more of a breakdown of his swing. So when I slide I get a much better turn at impact then when I only concentrate on turning. But I still get that early extension goat humping move. I think that might be my next priority piece. What do you think?

I wanted to post a video of me hitting my 5 irons today but the new iOS doesn’t seem to work with the youtube app. It shows that I’m uploading the trimmed slowmo video but it ends up being the first 20 second of the untrimmed video 🀬

Edited by Killa

• Administrator

I mean this, particularly then first one:

01.jpg

02.jpg

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

9 hours ago, iacas said:

I mean this, particularly then first one:

01.jpgimageproxy.php?img=&key=e4c8a34cfc0bbec0

02.jpg

Let me just make sure we’re on the same page as I’m not sure I know exactly what you want me to change.Β 
Β 

If I number your pictures 1,2,3,4. From the first to second picture I want the clubface to be more back, pointing towards the camera. And the toe pointing upwards.Β 

And then from the second to the third I need to get the shaft vertical while getting my hands to somewhere where they are in picture 4?

Β 

• Administrator

Your hands move out and up rather than tracing inward.Β That’s all.

A little of that is fine. You’re bordering on a bit too much IMO.

Β As I noted it does help you loop it back to the inside on the downswing.

6 hours ago, iacas said:

Your hands move out and up rather than tracing inward.Β That’s all.

A little of that is fine. You’re bordering on a bit too much IMO.

Β As I noted it does help you loop it back to the inside on the downswing.

Oh, right, now I know what you mean. I will continue to work on my backswing. I have recently remembered the post about sliding your hips and it helps me get my hips forward and more open at impact. Those two things are what I'll be working on for the next few weeks.

Β 

It's hard to do only one thing at a time..

Ok since I was having trouble uploading trimmed videos to YouTube I didn’t bother with proper camera setup yesterday, just wanted to record a quick driver video. But here it is nevertheless. I think on the practice swing it looks pretty ok. I would be happy if I could do the same with the real swing. But I think the full swing is actually much improved from my last driver video.Β 
Β 

Β 

Played today. Again a long course. 6600 yards. Played horrible around the greens. Shot 104 but my driving was pretty good. Had a few go over 250 total while it was really wet so we didn’t get a lot of roll out.Β 
Β 

The greens were punched though and it drained all the energy from me.Β 
Β 

It really sucks when you play a 400 yard par 4, don’t hit a very good driver (about 200 and to the right so you make the hole longer) and hit a 3 wood 215 yards to a greenside bunker to be nGIR and go off with a snowman. I mean those are the holes I absolutely cannot have if I ever want to become a single handicap golfer. I mean from 15 yards out, even if in a bunker, more than 3 shouldn’t happen.Β 
Β 

here is my gamegolf round - again 42 putts even though I practiced putting quite a bit the last 2 weeks, but my enthusiasm dropped when the ball just didn’t behave on holed/punched greens Β 

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/POIQ6Bwq30
Rok Stern shot 104 at Golfpark Klopeinersee - Sudkarnten

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/nr5rzOxR90

Β 

shot 98 today with 44 on green putts...short game and putting need a lot of work. I feel that putting quite a bit of time in these two areas will help me break 90 next year.Β 
Β 

I did work on my full swing the last two weeks again and I improved my backswing again. I ditched most of the out to in and replaced it with in and up. I think that I will now move to my early extension/bad rotation over the winter.Β 

Looked over my stats again and it confirmed what I feared. My short game and putting are my glaring weaknesses. So I will have to focus on that more.Β 
Β 

I’m loosing 17 strokes on my short game to a scratch hcp. And while I still loose 9,5 on approach shots I’m way ahead of even a 20 hcp in both off the tee and approach shots.Β 
Β 

Can’t have a bogey on a par 4 when you nearly drive the green...

617F9CC7-EA42-4CBF-ADD6-B84D0B44D237.png

203B79FC-6B83-4048-B629-63FEC1D8140C.png

Played 18 again. Hit my longest measured drive 270 yards. It was cold and rainy and I shot a 96. 44 and 52.Β 
Β 

Had 4 blow up holes, the rest was ok. I really don’t know what to do to avoid them. Because I am not negative but it just seems that on these holes I mishit 3-4 successive shots and it all goes out the window. Β 
Β 

Β 

E24FA3DF-82ED-4021-9BA4-82A8055C711B.jpeg

Some new videos - I think the loop is gone, so I think that now I will really move on to the early extension/not enough hip turn on impact

Β 

and the face on video as well:

Β 

Β 

Β 

First time on the range for the past week but I have been thinking and working on the early extension in the mirror with a swing stick. I also found againΒ a great video by Russel Herritage on early extension and hip rotation that I watched (and forgot about) a year ago.Β 
Β 

Β 

the swing here is about 70%. The 7 iron goes about 100-110 yards instead of the 150-160 that is usual. I had a lot of problems hitting the ball from this position but it got much better after two buckets.Β 

Β 

here is the video I referenced earlier. It’s got a clickbait title (like all of his videos) but the information is great IMHO Β 

Β 

Β 

• Upvote 1

Ok so I feel like I am in a phase where I am making monumental progress in my swing changes. It feels like it was overnight but the truth is that I have been working on my backswing for the past 6-8 months but I just couldn’t get over the hump by myself. These Russel Heritage videos have really done it for me. I’m trying to not watch too many so I don’t get overwhelmed by the information.Β 
Β 

So at this point I know just enough about the golf swing, that I know, that I don’t know anything πŸ™‚Β 

But I do know enough to at least filter out the good information from the nonsense. And his videos really do make sense.Β 

So this is a video from today. This is almost full power (at least 90%) so now I know I will be able to implement the changes over time also on the course.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Was at the indoor facility for about 45 minutes today. Mostly talking about golf and hitting about 20 full swings with my friend.Β 
Β 

Tried a few things he suggested and the best was me standing really wide as a drill. And doing that I really felt the weight go forward and that REALLY opened up my hips at impact. Don’t have the video as it was on his phone but the change was drastic again. I will probably (hopefully) play a round on Thursday morning but my guess is there won’t be a change in scoring until spring when I hope these changes get ingrained and lead to better ball striking and maybe some distance.Β 
Β 

The goal I strive for are 300 yard total drives. Let’s see if I get anywhere near that.Β 

• 2 weeks later...

The weather has been horrible here lately and it’s dark at 4pmΒ so I’ve only hit the range 2 times the last two weeks.Β 
Β 

While I can swing without early extension now, I don’t get any power on the ball with that swing. And with my current β€œregular” swing the extension is less but it’s still there. I also don’t retain the spine angle through impact. I think this is all still related with the backswing and transition. I start the downswing wrong and from the wrong position so I’m playing catch-up all the way from there. I will continue working on my backswing to get into the proper position with the proper pressure.Β 
Β 

I do feel like I understand my swing much better than I did before. For example I can now hit a fade or a draw with the same setup, just by controlling the path of the arms - aligned directly to the target. I can exaggerate that with setup, hitting massive slices or hooks.Β 
Β 

While my goal is to move towards a draw for my stock shot, these new experiences and skills should help me on the course to better escape some tricky situations instead of just chipping out to the fairway.Β 

Ok so I was able to empty a couple of buckets today and while I’m not rotating enough, losing a lot of my spine angle and still early extending a bit, I was hitting the ball massively. This is a video of my 8 iron today and I really like the backswing on this one. Then like I said my problems start. I’m too steep in the transition and don’t get my hips open enough through impact. But still, some of those 8 irons went over the fence (the driving range is under repair and the fence is set up at 174 yards (lasered). So I was actually carrying my 8 iron over 174 today a few times??Β 
Β 

Β 

So after what I thought were a lot of successful practices I played 18 on Thursday. I completely fell apart on the course after hitting everything on the range. On a particular par 4 I was able to hit a slice, a pull and a draw on 3 consecutive shots (the pull went OB). I had way too many things I was trying to correct at the same time.Β