IGNORED

Wood Persimmoned Golf Clubs

Note: This thread is 5970 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anybody still use them? I have a Hogan 4W that I hit 250 Yds with great control. It has great feel too. Do they still even sell Wood Clubs anymore?

Eventually, I'll get the hint and stop advertising, which is against the rules.

i use a brand new Tad Moore "tom morris" Brassie 14* for all my tee shots and fairway woods shots......so far so good
Driver:Louisville Golf Transitional driver(15*)
Wood:Tad Moore/Tom Morris Brassie(14*)
Long IronTad Moore/Tom Morris Cleek(18*)
Long Iron:Tad Moore/Tom Morris Mid Iron(22*)
Approach:Tad Moore OA Hickories Jigger(26*)Approach:Burke T ray Mongrel MashieApproach:Tad Moore OA Hickories Mashie(37*)Short:Geor...

I have set of Wilson Staff Tour Block woods that I have been experimenting with at the range and using for practice. I am thinking about putting them in play this season. The difference is about 15-20 yards in length, but am able to control my shots better (more fairways).

I have read recently that Tiger practices with persimmon woods.

Irons: Staff 1987 or 1967 Dyna-Power
Driver: R580
3W: Burner Bubble
5W: Quad Pro
Hybrid: Halo 3iPutter: 1955 M2

I have read recently that Tiger practices with persimmon woods.

His blades are basically old Wilsons...

Driver: Sumo2 5900 10.5*
3+ Utility: 3DX Utility 13.5*
Hybrids: 4DX 18.5*
Irons: MP-30 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM54.10 & SM60.04Putter: T.P. Mills StudioBall: GamerBag: Warbird Stand

Louisville Golf still specializes in persimmon clubs. I haven't hit the fairway woods, but a pal of mine bough a wooden faced putter from them that feels pretty nice.

In My Bag

Driver: 907 D1 10.5 Regular flex
3 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19Hybrid: Rescue Dual 225-GW: G5Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 54Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 58Putter: White Hot 2-ballBall: Mojo

saw an ad in a UK golf magazine for these bad boys:

http://www.persimmongolfeurope.com/about.htm

i'm looking for a Ping Zing Blonde finish 3/4/5 wood at the moment - seen some on eBay.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

I use a ping eye2 3 wood and i have hit the club 280 yards right the middle of the fairway and i didn't put in my bag till late September but since then i have hit on average 3/4 of the fairways with it.

Drvier R7 460 RE/ax shaft
3 Wood Eye 2
Hybrids 2 and 3 torch series
Irons Silver Scot forged rife 5.0 4-pw
Sand Wedge 54 degree deep red
Lob Wedge cg11 satin finish 60 degree
Putter White Hot XG model # 9
Ball

In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

Just found some of my grandpas old clubs, and I took an old "haig ultra" 7 iron, and a jackie pung 1 wood, which apparently is a ladies 1 wood, so that must be my grandmas. I plan on trying them out at the driving range, especially the 7 iron, it's face looks as big as a golf ball and is a muscle back, so it should be fun :)

BTW, I love the look of those old muscle backs. They look so pure (idk what word I am looking for) but if I could hit those baby's clean every time, I would use them.

Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
3 Wood: Hibore 15*
3 Hybrid: 3dx DC 20*
Irons: i5 4-PW
Gap Wedge: cg12 50*Sand Wedge: cg12 54*Putter: g5i anserIn my grom bag :)

I think that's why professionals still use blades. They do hit it on the button every time and that button always responds the same way.

Perimeter weighted clubs are for those of us that don't hit it on the button. I believe Pings have a "super" sweet spot. There's no other explanation for how far my ball goes occasionally.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Note: This thread is 5970 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!