IGNORED

My Swing (Fhmlp)

Fhmlp
Note: This thread is 2265 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 1/29/2018 at 2:32 PM, klineka said:

As Erik said, identify your priority piece (which you should have already identified if you have spent hundred of pounds on lessons) and work on it until you nail that priority piece. If what he tells you doesnt work then maybe you need to find a new coach.

I think I'm a great example of priority pieces. I have numerous things that need improvement in my swing: head movement/centered pivot, weight forward, shaft lean at impact, etc etc and I notice all of them when I watch myself on video, but there's no way I can focus on keeping my head still and making a centered pivot while remembering to get my weight forward and fix my wrist conditions and maintain a forward shaft lean at impact. So what I have done is picked one piece, the head movement and centered pivot, and that will remain my priority piece until it is fixed and ingrained. If that takes 2 months, 6 months, 12 months, so be it. Only once that is done will I then move onto the next piece. Jumping from piece to piece or trying to fix too much at once will leave you spinning your tires and not getting anywhere.

I don’t mean to hijack the thread, but this was really good!

On 1/29/2018 at 7:32 PM, klineka said:

I think I'm a great example of priority pieces. I have numerous things that need improvement in my swing: head movement/centered pivot, weight forward, shaft lean at impact, etc etc and I notice all of them when I watch myself on video, but there's no way I can focus on keeping my head still and making a centered pivot while remembering to get my weight forward and fix my wrist conditions and maintain a forward shaft lean at impact. So what I have done is picked one piece, the head movement and centered pivot, and that will remain my priority piece until it is fixed and ingrained. If that takes 2 months, 6 months, 12 months, so be it. Only once that is done will I then move onto the next piece. Jumping from piece to piece or trying to fix too much at once will leave you spinning your tires and not getting anywhere.

Many thanks for the detailed response, I completely agree the main issue I have currently is I'm trying to fix all of the problems I have in one go ie left knee internally rotating causing loss of height, overswing, steepening on downswing, EE, high handle and speed of swing which is basically impossible and proven with me not improving what so ever in years. The last lesson I had a few months back basically eluded to the my left knee collapsing/loss of height is the main cause for the rubbish that happens after it. The only drill given was to practice practice swings with a club in between my knees meaning I can't physically move them.... I'm not sure what other drills are out there as every other player I watch/play with rarely dip there head at all doesn't seem to be a common issue?

On 2/5/2018 at 6:03 AM, SunkTheBirdie said:

F3F4877D-6EDA-4A62-AC77-8FF729DFC720.thumb.jpeg.fe6121cf00f5bea16b9d078020f48a07.jpeg

Typical EE swing.

look how much closer to the ball and higher the hands are at impact vs address. 

No face on ? :~(

And that's exactly the issue with clubface control, massive early extension and high hands mean I find it extremely difficult to control shots. When I do strike it out the middle I can literally hit a PW 150 yards dead straight or snap hook one 50 yards shift or leave it way short right.... Like I mentioned above to me it all starts on the backswing, with any top player it looks so smooth and simple mine is literally just a thwack and hope for the best...

Unfortunately I don't have a face on video at the minute I can look to record one. The one thing which bugs me the most though is why I struggle so much in bringing the club down on a shallow plane. Whatever I try I always persist on dragging the handle down and early extending

Why is golf such a hard game haha...

Note: This thread is 2265 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!