My Swing (Peanut)

7 posts / 1266 viewsLast Reply

I've been Playing Golf for: 2 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 100-105
My typical ball flight is: right
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: slice

Videos: 

Hi,

Really hoping someone can tell me what I am doing wrong to slice my driver so badly and how I can fix it.

I have been playing golf for around 2 years, for the past 12 months my driver has always gone pretty straight about 200-220 yards 8 out of 10 times.

However in the last 4-6 weeks every single shot off the tee is a big slice, seems to start straight and then spin right 50-80 yards at times.

I haven’t consciously changed anything about my setup/swing.

Ball inside left heel, 2 knuckle grip in my fingers, aim my feet and shoulders along the target line and then a slow controlled swing.

Some online research suggests its either caused by a weak grip which I don’t think that I have.

Or an out to in swing path. I assumed it was the path and decided to practice some drills but nothing has made any difference.

Took this videos on the range yesterday (apologies about the quality) and unsure if I am swinging out to in.

Another issue I have noticed is that most of my shots are hitting inside of the driver, not quite the heel but definitely on the side nearer me. Any ideas how I can change this? if i stand further away it just seems to get worse.

Any advice would be really appreciated .

Thank you

Neil

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Welcome Neil!

I expect you'll get some good comments in, but thought I'd encourage you to find a way to get a face on video as well. Might be hard with some range setups, I know. But worth it

The face on will help people see how your hips are moving side to side (hopefully little slide), how your head moves, etc.

There are some good instruction ideas found here:

To my eye, your posture looks a tad off and there is a thread at the link above for good golf posture. I think you might be a bit far from the ball.

I'm no instructor but just wanted to welcome you and point you to some old, reliable resources that many have found useful.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hi Randall, 

Thank you for the pointers i will definitely check them out. 

I will also post better videos including a face on next time I am at the range. 

Let me start by saying I am also not an instructor. I am not a very good golfer either. But I have watched a lot of you tube videos. Lol So take my words as you would like. 

On on the start of your backswing it looks like your start to rotate your arms a little quick. The Swing itself looks a little flat as well. 

Again, I am not an instructor nor a very good golfer. I am sure if you keep checking this forum you will see my Swing up there soon needing advice. 

Hi update on my previous thread.....with new issues lol

I've been Playing Golf for: 2 years

My current handicap index or average score is: 100-105

My typical ball flight is: not straight

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: pull or slice

Hi,

Really hoping someone can tell me what I am doing wrong with my swing at the moment.

Have not played for a 2-3 months, previously I would hit most of my irons straight and occasionally slice my driver.

Now the past few weeks the issue is more my irons. I am pulling about 60% of them to the left and slicing about 20%.

Driver is about 50/50 straight or slice.

I haven’t consciously changed anything about my setup/swing.

I know the instant thought here is coming over the top/out to in swing path.

I have watched some instruction videos to stop doing this but with no success.

I took 2 videos at the range yesterday, the DLT shot was a slice and the face on shot was a pull.

To my untrained eye I’m not even sure that I am coming over the top – hopefully some one can tell me if I am and if yes then ideas on how to fix this.

If I am not coming over the top then any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Would love some advice here. 

Have issues with a slice and assumed this was likely due to coming over the top. Have really worked on making sure that i do not come over the top however the slice remains. 

Just took this DLT shot at the range, this particular slice was not as bad as normal but was still 20-30 yards left of target. 

My question is can you tell me if this is coming over the top? I do not believe it is but I am no expert and would be nice to eliminate that issue. 

I think the slice is the face being open to path - anyone agree and anyone have any tips on how i can work to stop this.

Thank you 

3 hours ago, Peanut said:

Hi Would love some advice here. 

Have issues with a slice and assumed this was likely due to coming over the top. Have really worked on making sure that i do not come over the top however the slice remains. 

Just took this DLT shot at the range, this particular slice was not as bad as normal but was still 20-30 yards left of target. 

My question is can you tell me if this is coming over the top? I do not believe it is but I am no expert and would be nice to eliminate that issue. 

I think the slice is the face being open to path - anyone agree and anyone have any tips on how i can work to stop this.

Thank you 

It is hard to tell from that angle. In order to determine it, the camera should be lined up along your toe line. 

https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades