IGNORED

Vice Pro Soft

Note: This thread is 2470 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys,

I know there is a thread about Vice Pro and Pro+ balls, but Vice now has a new ball, the Pro Soft. These balls come with a "matte" finish, not a glossy finish, and also are available in colors.  They are supposed to be designed for slower swing speeds, and since I'm 63 and have lost some speed and flexibility, thought I'd order some.  So...I thought I'd ask if anyone else has tried them.

My first impression was this balls looks weird (because the finish is flat, no shine), but after a few swings that didn't bother me.  What struck me was this ball is like soft butter off my putter, but felt very firm off my driver.  It seemed to have really good spin...a 7 iron from ~148 yards out stopped about six inches from its pitch mark, and a 6i from ~160 to an elevated green ended up about four feet from where it hit. Wedges checked up very nicely on short pitches, when sometimes I get roll out with my regular ball. The ball feels really good off my irons, and like I said above, it feels firm off my driver but like soft butter off my putter, and I've never played a ball that felt like that before.  Am I crazy, or can a ball feel that different with different clubs?  Overall, I think like this ball better than what I was playing (Wilson Duo Spin).

Has anyone here played these?

Approaching "70"....age, not score...

Ping G5 10.5 driver and 3w, TFC 100 R

Maltby H3, H4, H5, Maltby Pro Series R

Pinhawk SL 6i-Aw, Maltby Pro Series R

Maltby TSW 54 & 58, Maltby Pro Series S (tip trimmed to 8i length for the "spinner shaft" effect...experiment that seems to be one of my better decisions!)

Maltby Pure-Track PTM-1, 33" with +2* loft added

• Administrator

I haven't.

They're inexpensive enough… maybe you should give them a try?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I haven't played the Pro Soft, I do however play the Vice Pro Plus now.  I came from playing the Nike RZN Black and Pro V1x and I believe the Pro Plus is just as long, if not longer and has more spin around the greens than the Black or the V1x.  I don't really get into the colored balls for myself, but they do look pretty cool.  For the price and the durability/playability, you can't go wrong with the Vice golf balls.

2 hours ago, Gripit said:

Has anyone here played these?

I am playing them (matte yellow) for the first time this afternoon, in about an hour.  I was putting with them the other day and they seemed very soft.  Interested and excited to see how they perform.  

Sincerely, Art

595fdffb1cd64_logoforTST.jpg.9637d0539d0818684c1ee7c2f23bfb3a.jpg

Play more golf.  Easily.  Download the FREE (Limited Time) SocialPutts app. today!

595fde6fe0fb7_AvailableontheAppStoreTST.jpg.8bc310c687f48ce49737dea3658d16c6.jpg595fde722ffa6_GetitonGooglePlayTST.jpg.ace51e4e4a9308d728ed4ec293751de6.jpg

1 hour ago, socialputts said:

I am playing them (matte yellow) for the first time this afternoon, in about an hour.  I was putting with them the other day and they seemed very soft.  Interested and excited to see how they perform.  

I would love to hear your opinion of this ball! Especially with the putter.

Maltby TSW 54 & 58, Maltby Pro Series S (tip trimmed to 8i length for the "spinner shaft" effect...experiment that seems to be one of my better decisions!)

16 hours ago, Gripit said:

I would love to hear your opinion of this ball! Especially with the putter.

I played 12 holes with this ball yesterday.  Overall, I really liked it.  I got very good distance, more than usual, and the feel was good around the greens.  As far as putting, I like the softer feel but it took a few holes to get used to it.  My putts inside 8 feet were true, it rolled well, but I found myself coming up short on my longer lag putts. Tough to tell how much of this was the ball and how much was my lousy putting lately.

Overall, I'm excited to continue playing this ball.

Sincerely, Art

Play more golf.  Easily.  Download the FREE (Limited Time) SocialPutts app. today!

595fde6fe0fb7_AvailableontheAppStoreTST.jpg.8bc310c687f48ce49737dea3658d16c6.jpg595fde722ffa6_GetitonGooglePlayTST.jpg.ace51e4e4a9308d728ed4ec293751de6.jpg

48 minutes ago, socialputts said:

As far as putting, I like the softer feel but it took a few holes to get used to it.  My putts inside 8 feet were true, it rolled well, but I found myself coming up short on my longer lag putts. Tough to tell how much of this was the ball and how much was my lousy putting lately.

Overall, I'm excited to continue playing this ball.

Thanks for the review! I also came up short on longer putts and usually my distance control is pretty good.  Glad to know someone else had the same impression.

I like this ball, too...can't wait to play it again.

BTW, did the ball feel different off your driver?

1 hour ago, Gripit said:

BTW, did the ball feel different off your driver?

I don't know that I would say it felt different, but the distance I got with my driver and 3W initially surprised me.  I putted with the ball a bit prior to my round, and with the soft feel I didn't expect it to jump off my driver.  I was pleasantly surprised by the distance.

Sincerely, Art

1 hour ago, socialputts said:

I don't know that I would say it felt different, but the distance I got with my driver and 3W initially surprised me.  I putted with the ball a bit prior to my round, and with the soft feel I didn't expect it to jump off my driver.  I was pleasantly surprised by the distance.

Thanks for the feedback; really appreciate it!

Social, have you played with any other Vice balls, just to give a comparison between them if possible?

Woods: Ping G15 10.5* Draw Driver;   Ping G Series 14.5* 3 Wood;  Callaway 2019 Apex 19* 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno MP-33 4-PW

Wedges: Ping Glide 1.0 52* SS, Glide Stealth 2.0 56* ES, Hogan 60* SW

Edel E-1 Putter

36 minutes ago, amished said:

Social, have you played with any other Vice balls, just to give a comparison between them if possible?

Unfortunately, I haven't.   I just bought the ball that best fit my swing and took a chance with it.

Sincerely, Art

Note: This thread is 2470 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!