IGNORED

Hi from the STL area

Cards Fan
Note: This thread is 2454 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've read several interesting threads here in recent years and decided to sign up. I'm a high-handicap senior golfer who works part time in a pro shop (semi-private course) so I encounter golfers in all shapes and sizes from the single-digit guys to seasonal hackers who need to rent clubs because they don't have their own. I must admit I'm a club "ho," usually used clubs (bargain buys) or ones that I build myself. Over the last 30 years I've bought and sold so many different clubs I've lost count. Call me a hobbyist who simply enjoys tinkering and experimenting. I try to play 2 or 3 times a week, with my regular golf buddies and also with my son and granddaughter. I appreciate the game and respect its history and tradition. And yes, I should spend more time on the practice range and less time tinkering in my workshop, but what fun would that be?

And I've learned to enjoy this wonderful sport and not take it too seriously/

Welcome to TST.  We're glad you've decided to participate in your "slice" of heaven.   There are a few members here from the metro St. Louis area.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to TST @Cards Fan

There are several members from the Greater STL area who are active on the site.

What course do you work part time at? Not many "semi-private" courses in the area, only a few I recall.

Enjoy the site and maybe we will see you at a TST get together someday.

Cheers

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks. Joachim Golf club in Jeff County. It's a 9-hole tract that's in terrific shape, very good good greens. We get a lot of compliments from golfers who play it for the first time. It's the oldest course in the county. We've got about 230 members, mostly from eastern Jeffco (the I-55 corridor) and south StL. County. It's only a couple of minutes from the interstate so it's a convenient location. I started working there after I retired from "real" job about 10 years ago. I'm trying to cut back to 2 days a week but I've accumulated so many pro shop duties sometimes it's difficult to delegate everything. I'm thinking it's about time to really retire so I can play more.

Note: This thread is 2454 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!