IGNORED

Long Time Reader, First Time Poster

Timmy-9holes
Note: This thread is 2420 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I want to start by saying that this forum has been a big help in providing information and feedback on clubs, bags and ball options for beginners.  I have been reading topics for about six months and figured it was time to post.

About the middle of last year six months after turning 50, I started thinking about taking up golf.  I had an old set of clubs which were I purchased from Goodwill about 25 years ago.  I recall the price being around $20 for the club and bag and spending a whopping $7 on the putter.  I only used them about 4 or 5 time for golf outings at work.  I even left the cobwebs on the bag for character.

I knew that I would need to replace the old clubs which had now rusted so I searched for information on clubs for beginners  learned about Callaway's Strata Clubs and found Callaway's pre-owned site.  I picked up a Strata 3 wood and a Strata putter.  I practiced at the local range and enjoyed it and decided to move forward.  I picked up an older Big Bertha driver, because there were big at the time I last played 20 years ago and really wanted one.  By this time winter weather had arrived and spent the winter reading a number of instructional books to prepare myself for what to expect and hopefully pick up tips.  

It wasn't until was again researching clubs for newbies as by this time I was fearful of irons and found threads at this forum on hybrids.  After reviewing the threads and researching the lesser expensive options available I can back again was thankfully found old, old threads on the clubs which interested me.  The introduction to hybrids I picked up from this forum opened the flood gates.  I have a Cobra TWS Senior 6 Hybrid, 32*, which has become my go to club.  

After many hours of putting practice under my belt I tried my first nine hole executive course shot a 61 on a par 29.  My cousin told me that if I was serious, he would set me up with a couple of lessons.  After just the first lesson I was down to a 48 at the same course.  I had heard about taking lessons from a PGA Professional but. I never knew how much of a difference they could make.

So here I am now hooked.  I even have a putter my wife doesn't know about.  It's used like the rest of my clubs but, new to me.  I look forward to becoming part of the group and want to thank everyone who took time to answer questions for other newbies and helped me along.

Tim

Callaway Big Bertha Warbird - Driver - 12° / Adams Tight Lies - 3 Hybrid - 19° 
Adams Tight Lies - 5 hybrid - 25° / Cobra Baffler TWS Senior - 6 hybrid - 32° 
Cleveland Niblick - Utility - 42° / Wilson Harmonized Chipper - 35° / Odyssey White Steel #2 - Putter 

Welcome.  We were wondering when you were finally going to come on in! ;-) 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to this Forum!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2420 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!