IGNORED

Driver's loft

Note: This thread is 5693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What's the loft of your driver?

• < 8.5°
    • 8.5°
    • 9.5°
    • 10°
    • 10.5°
    • 11°
    • 11.5°
    • 12°
    • 13°
    • other

I'm using a grandpa style 13 degree (nike sasquatch 460 lucky 13) with regular flex.

i like the high trajectory when i hit it correctly. (on the rare occasion i do).

i have the most problems with my driver. still haven't figured out how to use it. slice, hook, fade, draw (i like those!)...no consistency.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally am using an 11.5* at the current moment, but I got the club after resuming playing more golf after a couple years off and wasnt hitting the ball very good off the tee. I got it to help me get the ball up a bit more but have sacrificed some distance also. Now that Im swinging better, Im going to switch out to a 10.5 again pretty soon.
Driver - Nike Sumo2 5900 10.5
Hybrids (1,2,3) - Nickent Genex 3DX
Irons (4-PW) - Wilson Staff Di5
Wedges (52*,56*) - Wilson Staff TW7
Putter - Odyssey White Hot XG #9

Just switched from a 10.5 to a 10. Launch seems much better...For some reason though, I can't seem to hit a 9.5 degree well...It's probably mostly mental though

I have Powerbilt Air Attack 10.5*. When I get better I might drop to a 9.5 or 9* but I will wait on that.

Driver-Callaway FT-5 Draw 9.5"

3WD-Callaway Hawkeye 15*

Hybrid-Callaway FT 21*

Irons-Callaway Steelhead X-16 4-P

Wedges-Callaway Big Bertha Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter-Odyssey White Hot #1

I play a GigaGolf C9 (similar to the ping rapture) with a 10.5 degree loft and a UST proforce 75 in x flex. I can't really imagine needing more loft than this setup provides I get nice medium trajectory drives that go between 280 and 310.

I am planning to elope with my BB460 13*, regular shaft. I love the thing. I can't miss with it...and I suck at drives, or at least I used to. It's my first driver of the 21st century.

It doesn't slice or hook unless I do something so horribly wrong I hear my vertebrae crack.

It won't fade or draw...it only goes a ton down the fareway and arrow straight...damn...that sucks, eh...? I love the loft, the balance, the sound...even the way it looks.

I whacked a bunch of new clubs on the launch monitor, with a variety of lofts and shafts. This is the one that gave me the most consistent, longest and straightest shot in the shop. The results of this experimentation have been born out on the course.

It may turn on me in the future but, for now, the honeymoon is still on.

The driver in my bag most often is a 7 degree, 460cc Ping G2. Stiff flex and low torque shaft, which is kind of a must have with a 7 degree loft. She still has a gentle fade to her, but I love the low, penetrating ball flight. Knocks 'em round 280 consistently with lots 'o roll.

edit: 7 degree isn't for everybody. Less loft means less backspin to fight against side spin... so more prone to slice\hook. You also gotta swing it. I mean swing it. Like a cave-man. But whats more fun than that?

Started out with a 10.5, then found a good deal on a 9.5 but my trajectory is very low. Want to change shafts and see if it helps.

Blade Stand Bag
905R 11.5 R flex
Tight Lies 3 Wood
Ci7 Irons 4-GW R Flex
Vokey SM Wedges 54 / 58Classic Putter #1 34"ProV1 or U-Tri Tour or E5+

I used to play an Adams Redline 460 and all I could ever do was hit it high and land it soft. I'd get no roll out of it. It was like landing a wedge.

I figured I needed less loft (it was a 10.5). I went to a store and hit some clubs on a launch monitor and the guy said that loft wasn't the issue. He said the shaft had too much flex for my swing speed and that with a siffer shaft the ball wouldn't fly so high (and he showed me on the monitor). I walked out with a 10.5 degree Cobra F Speed with the stiff shaft and I absolutely love it.
In My Bag ( Superlight 3.5):

Driver: 9.5* Burner SuperFast, Matrix Ozik XCon 4.8 Stiff
Fairway Woods: Steelhead III, Uniflex Steel (3w, 5w)
Hybrids: Big Bertha Heavenwood 4H, Uniflex SteelIrons: Victory Red Full Cavity, Stiff (5-AW)Wedges: WALTER HAGEN,...

I use a 10.5 degree driver and it is perfect for me. It goes high enough, but not too high as long as I make sure I tee the ball only one-half ball above the driver.
In the blue and tan grom Bag:

Driver r7 460 10.5*
Fairway Woods '07 Burner 15* and 18*
Irons 4-PW r7 XDWedges 47*, 52*, 58* CG14,Putter TiffanyBall One Tour D

I play a 10.5* Cobra M Speed offset with a stock regular flex shaft. I have been hitting the ball entirely too high and spraying it both right and left with this setup lately and have been considering trying different drivers. After reading some of the posts in this thread, I'm considering finding out about different shaft options in order to lower the launch angle. I think I'll go practice and take a couple of lessons with my big stick before I sink another three bills into my bag...

In my C-130 bag:

Driver: G10 10.5*
3 Wood: Burner
Irons: G10 steel AWT shafts, silver dot, +1" (3-SW)Wedge: cg12 58*Putters: Squareback 2, California Coronado Low score (18 holes): 90Low score (9 holes): 42

I play a 10.5 Cleveland Launcher 460. I tend to hit the ball low, and this club goes higher than other 10.5s I have hit. So much of the ball flight has to do with the shaft flex. I actually often hit a Mizuno MPO-001 460 with 11.5 (senior) head with a Harmon Tour Design shaft. It hits lower than my Cleveland.
Whats in my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 460
Fairway/Hybrid: 15 & 19 degree Nickent 3dx Utility
Irons: MacGregor M565
Wedges: Cleveland 900 RTG 54 & 58 degreePutter: Odyssey DFX 2 ball

i have a 9.5 carry and roll i alos only half degrees because the face is slightly open for what ever reason i cant set up to a closed face.

.Chris

Chris Nunes,17 yrs old

In My Bag:
Woods:Nike Sasquatch Tour Model (Driver), Nike Sumo 3 wood
Irons: Callaway X-Forged (Project X 6.0)Wedge: Callaway C Grind 58 degree,Titleist Volkey 54 degree (oil can)Putter Cleveland Classic 2 or Scotty Cameron Santa Fe teryllium "Everyday you miss practicing it...

Currently 9.5 TaylorMade Superquad TP with UST Pro Force V2 Stiff, I Love the club, the shaft head combo is the best I've ever had, and I've tried alot. I would prefer to have ordered it with an 8.5 head though, I tend to hit high every now and then, and never get any roll, even on a non-windy day. but as they say, it's not the arrow, it's the indian...

r11s TP 9 Aldila RIP'd NV 65 S
Burner Tour Launch TS 13 UST V2 S
TP Rescue 17 RE*AX TP85 H S
Tour Preferred Irons 3-AW Project X 5.5
Z Smoke TP Wedge 56/12 Project X 5.5 

Ghost Tour DA-12

Penta TP/Pro V1/Hex Black

9 Degrees gives me a perfect launch.
sunmountain.gif C-130 Cart Bag: titleist.gif 910D2 10.5Deg   taylormade.gif R9 15Deg, Burner Superfast 5W/7W   mizuno.gif MP-57 5-PW
scratch.gif 54*ds, 58*ds    cameron.gif Red X2    callaway.gifTour iZ

Note: This thread is 5693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!