IGNORED

Trivia Time!

bca42
Note: This thread is 5942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I thought I'd start a simple series of threads dedicated to golf trivia. If you like this idea, please say so in your post. If feedback is good I will continue with it.

And since this site and it's users (and many golfers) seem to be partial to the Titleist brand, I'll start there. And we'll start with a real easy one..

See the picture I have included, what does the " BV " on the wedge represent? (Even if you don't know for sure, venture a guess)

Blog: http://emergencynine.com/

In my bag you'll find lots of left-handed clubs like these:
Driver: G10 9* TFC (stock) S
3 wood: G5 Aldila NV SIrons 4 thru P: MX-20 TTDG RWedges: MP T Series Chrome, Forged - 52/56/60Putter: CallieBall: B330Bag (carry): Tour Stand; (cart): 9" Staff Tour

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy. Bob Vokey.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

bouncy, very

haha..thats totally wrong

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Easy. Bob Vokey.

, I was going to ask that those who knew, hold their response so we could get some other guesses...but of course: Bob Vokey Why don't I increase the difficulty a bit......

3 wood: G5 Aldila NV SIrons 4 thru P: MX-20 TTDG RWedges: MP T Series Chrome, Forged - 52/56/60Putter: CallieBall: B330Bag (carry): Tour Stand; (cart): 9" Staff Tour

Awwww, why didn't I see this before :)...Too bad that wedge is illegal on tour this year and for everyone else starting next year :(... Damn Spin Milled Grooves :) Thanks Bob Vokey.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

Can you name the first person to win a Major with a metalwood driver? What Major? What venue? What year?

Can you name the first person to win a Major with a metalwood driver? What Major? What venue? What year?

Taylor Made 1980? unsure of the other 2 lol
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

Which 5 golfers have won the Masters and US Open in the same year, and in which years did they accomplish the feat?

Hint: The 5th guy will be tough. His initials are CW.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

Which 5 golfers have won the Masters and US Open in the same year, and in which years did they accomplish the feat?

Craig Wood (1941, Ben Hogan (1951 and '53), Arnold Palmer (1960), Jack Nicklaus (1972), and Tiger Woods (2002).

In My Grom Stand Bag:

Driver:
Big Bertha 460 Graphite 10°
Woods: Big Bertha 3&5 Graphite
Hybrid: r7 Rescue 19° Irons: 06 Big Bertha #4-SWPutter: 35 in. Rossie Mallet *Soon to be Bettinardi C03H 34"Ball: ProV1x

Craig Wood (1941, Ben Hogan (1951 and '53), Arnold Palmer (1960), Jack Nicklaus (1972), and Tiger Woods (2002).

Nice. Two more:

What what Walter Hagen's first major championship victory? Which PGA Tour event did Butch Harmon win? What was it called then?

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

Nice. Two more:

1921 PGA Championship??

damn I don't know the second one. . .
In My Grom Stand Bag:

Driver:
Big Bertha 460 Graphite 10°
Woods: Big Bertha 3&5 Graphite
Hybrid: r7 Rescue 19° Irons: 06 Big Bertha #4-SWPutter: 35 in. Rossie Mallet *Soon to be Bettinardi C03H 34"Ball: ProV1x

Taylor Made 1980? unsure of the other 2 lol

Taylor made is correct. I don't believe that's the date though

Curtis Strange US Open, Brookline,MA I was informed.

Nice. Two more:

I think the US Open, sometime around mid teens (1915?) not sure on date.

on European Tour this week they did a Q&A; session with the top players on sky sports (watch Golf Night tonight if you didnt see it)

some good questions....

Name the 4 major winners in order (only one player knew this!)
What country has the most wins in 2007?
Who was the last winner of the year? (trick question)
Who was the amateur to win an event in 2007?
What player took the winners cheque that week?

and a few others.

was mad - none of them knew the answers! ok they were on the spot and it's all edited but it was darn funny!

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

who was the first player to shoot 4 rounds in the 60's in a major?

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Awwww, why didn't I see this before :)...Too bad that wedge is illegal on tour this year and for everyone else starting next year :(... Damn Spin Milled Grooves :) Thanks Bob Vokey.

Hi, can you give me some more information about that? Thank you!

In my Bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 425 10,5°, Graphite Design Purple Ice 85 Regular
#3 Wood: Taylormade R7 Steel 15°, RE*AX 70 Stiff

#4 Rescue: Taylormade Rescue Hybrid 09 22°, RE*AX 65 Stiff
3-PW Irons: MP-32 ProjectX 6.0
Wedges: MP-T Black Nickel 51.6 and 56.14 Spinner Rifle Shafts
Putter: Studio Style Newport 2.5 35''

Golfclub Schloss Myllendonk (Par 72, CR 72,9, Slope 134)

i started a thread about this AnalogAG:

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9547

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

Note: This thread is 5942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!