IGNORED

The (No) Sixes Challenge

iacas

This is a difficult challenge. 

My best round ever last week, shot 69 and broke par and 70, both for the first time, but included a 6!

Par 71, shot:

Front: 3,2,4,3,6,4,4,3,5

Back: 4,4,3,4,5,4,3,4,4

An eagle, 4 birdies, 9 pars, and 4 bogeys. Lots of luck: 110 feet of putts made plus a chip in, but missed a 4' putt for a par 5 on #5. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Posted a round today with no 6’s at Woodfin Ridge in Inman, SC. 35-38=73.

Front 443 533 445. Birdied the par 4 third and sixth hole. Came up short on the par 3 eighth for a bogey and finished the side -1.

Back 443 545 445 for a +2. Three putted the par 3 11th from 45’; birdied the par 4 12th; bogeyed the par  4 13th after hitting it over the green and hitting a poor chip; birdied the par 5 14th. On the next hole, their signature par 3 over Lake Bowen to a reverse Redan green I hit it short like I did on 8 and landed in the water. Re-teed and just ran through the green. Chipped to 4’ and made the double-bogey 5. Thinking I was +2, instead of +1, I thought I needed 2 birdies to shoot even. Hit it to 9’, 8’ and 10’ on the last 3 holes but missed all and lipped out on 16 and 18.

15 GIR, 9 fairways, 31 putts, 1 penalty shot. Putting stroke got a little flinch on 5 and had to use a claw for most of the round. Happy I was able to hold it together!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator
On 8/13/2023 at 9:19 PM, Clemsonfan said:

Posted a round today with no 6’s at Woodfin Ridge in Inman, SC. 35-38=73.

Congrats!

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets