IGNORED

New member from Texas

bear996
Note: This thread is 2269 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

From Rowlett, TX.  I've been lurking for a few days and finally decided to join.  I just started playing golf (bought a set of Callaway clubs today).  I messed around with the game 10 years or so ago and always wanted to get back in it.  Went to the driving range and had a blast.  Not sure what changed but it felt a lot easier to hit the ball than it used to, probably due to the fact that I'm not trying to kill the ball and I'm letting the body and club work together.  I know there's a ton for me to read and soak in around here, and looking to get some lessons and maybe take a class at a local college.  If you're local and don't mind playing with a true beginner let me know, I'm always open to learning as much as I can.

• 3 months later...
On 10/10/2017 at 8:47 PM, bear996 said:

From Rowlett, TX.  I've been lurking for a few days and finally decided to join.  I just started playing golf (bought a set of Callaway clubs today).  I messed around with the game 10 years or so ago and always wanted to get back in it.  Went to the driving range and had a blast.  Not sure what changed but it felt a lot easier to hit the ball than it used to, probably due to the fact that I'm not trying to kill the ball and I'm letting the body and club work together.  I know there's a ton for me to read and soak in around here, and looking to get some lessons and maybe take a class at a local college.  If you're local and don't mind playing with a true beginner let me know, I'm always open to learning as much as I can.

Welcome! I’m near Houston so if you ever over this way let me know!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2269 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!