IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 614, July 9, 2024

Quick trip to the range later in the afternoon.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 88:

Worked on driver this evening, almost golf balls. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 29: Practiced putting in the garage and chipping in the backyard.

I may not hit the ball far, but at least I find all of the pretty flowers. 

Day 8, 

Range sessions during a slight drizzle of rain. 

Priority piece stuff. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 200: 7/10/24

Putting through 50 mm gates and chips with sand and lob wedges. Completed a Par4S workout.

Day 69 (10 Jul 24) - Had fun in the backyard working with the 7i and hard foam balls.  Worked on making solid ball contact first.  Tried a little trick of focusing about 2" ahead of the ball looking to start the divot mark there, i.e. not thinking about hitting the "back of the ball".  Found the drill challenging and fun at the same time. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 615, July 10, 2024

Practiced a bit after Natalie's 76 at US Women's Am qualifier (from 6200 yards). Mostly shorter shots, less than full stuff.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 89:

Did short game drills in the dark this evening. 

-Peter

Day 184 - Worked on some pitches and flop shots, as well as my priority work. Need to film, as the swing is feeling better. Hip doesn’t feel great, though. 

Day 30:  Early morning at the range, hit a couple of buckets focusing on a wider arm swing and getting hips to move sooner. 

I may not hit the ball far, but at least I find all of the pretty flowers. 

Day 9, range session working on priority piece. Staying taller through out the swing. Nice slow swings, feel the hands stop at A3, wrist stuff in the downswing. Good mix of practice drills and successful full swings at like 70% 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 201: 7/11/24

Chipping practice. Arrived at the pro shop at 6:02 but the range closed at 6:00. Hoped to hit some full shots tonight but maybe tomorrow!

Day 70 (11 Jul 24) - brought out the broomstick style putter (think it started life as a belly putter) this evening for some easy putting practice….may even try it on the course tomorrow if the weather holds…rain is likely…

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 616, July 11, 2024

Played 18 at Lawsonia Links today with @NatalieB and @cedrictheo. I'm now two under lifetime on the 15th. 😄 

Day 90:

Worked on full swing stuff with 6-iron with Mevo+. Still seeing positive results of minimizing left miss (5/35 swings went left of target, worst one was 7 yards offline).

Adding a few notes for myself.

Backswing - takeaway feels like is that club is moving outside target line while going back, pause/slow at top to gather, feel pressure in lead heel, lead shoulder to chin. Eyes focus on ball the entire time.

Downswing - drop hands behind, add palmar flexion on the way down, feel for turn is lead hip is moving on a line 45* left toward target.

-Peter

Day 71 (12 Jul 24) - Played the Friday Men's group scramble.  Did okay - iron play was more consistent in terms of ball striking.  Had a steady trailwind going out which meant a steady head wind coming in.  Made for different club options - playing the ball flight lower into the wind, etc.  Good day for thinking my way around instead of just playing the "ususal".   

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star