IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 33:  Had an hour long lesson this morning tweaking some things when using my driver.  We then played a couple of holes with him giving me some tips along the way and I bogeyed the par 4 and made par on the par 3.  

I may not hit the ball far, but at least I find all of the pretty flowers. 

• Administrator

Day 620, July 15, 2024

Played 15 holes before the sirens went off. Played the first 9 with a Swing Extender on. Hit some really flush shots, and learned that I can trust the first part of the swing so long as I keep doing it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 13, worked on some short game and putting. Short game is coming along nicely. Putting, I think I figured something out with standing closer to the ball. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 74 (15 Jul 24) - Played an afternoon 18 with a couple of friends…played the “old” clubs (Toney Penna persimmons, MacGregor Souchak irons, Spalding Tournament putter). IMG_8144.thumb.jpeg.c755d7bd1548f975c53d0dc3b7332774.jpeg Scoring was off, but the fun was thru the roof as we compared clubs and recalled earlier days when blades and persimmons ruled.  Love the challenge of these clubs - as they command focused ball striking….

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 75 (16 Jul 24) - Some easy shots (only about 20 or so, it was hot and muggy) with the 9i and hard foam balls in the backyard today…worked on tempo and coming thru the ball.

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

(edited)

Day 14, good practice session. Starting go feel a contrast between old and priority piece in the downswing. 

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 206: 7/16/24

Par4Success workout followed by slow motion swings and putting through gates for distance control. Almost perfect putting session and only hit one gate-my best ever.

• Administrator

Day 621, July 16, 2024

Got to Golf Evolution a bit early, so worked with the new HackMotion before lessons. REALLY loving the higher sampling rate. The software has come a ways too. Wish I could run it on my Mac (the iPad app). Just makes a few things easier.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 34:  Tried to play 9 but the people in front of us were so slow it took an hour to get through two holes.  Ridiculous.  Not sure if I played badly due to that or what but everything was off and just terrible.  

• Administrator

Day 622, July 17, 2024

Played 18 holes this morning with a student. Didn't birdie 14 or 17. The others we played from the whites, so no chance to do that.

Tap-in pars on both.

Day 35: Practiced my new driver stance and swing movements. 

Day 76 (17 Jul 24) - Another easy day in the backyard - today with the LW.  Focused on on 11:30 on the feet (line to ball at noon) and opening the face slightly to work the bounce.  Then making 1/4 - 1/2 swings for controlled distances and accuracy around the pin.  Total of about 40 swings today over the hour session.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 622, July 17, 2024

Went back to Whispering Woods and hit about 120 balls at the range. Variety of shots. Most pretty good. 3I, driver, hybrid, 3W, 7I, 8I, PW, SW, LW… mixed it up. Hit some pitches and chips too.

Two good things on the same day.