IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 30: mirror work again today. Working on the same backswing and downswing stuff. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 8:

Did some pitching practice in the dark, full swing rehearsals in patio door mirror. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 107 (17 Aug 24) - Worked on swing setup today, focused on takeaway and weight shift - “after” cleaning out the bag (way too many tees) and doing the groove brush thing on the wedges, irons and hybrids.  Looking to play 9 tomorrow at a local tract that has three sets of nines, one of which I’ve not played but am supposed to tomorrow.  Gonna be a fun day revisiting this course. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 653, August 17, 2024

Light day of HackMotion work in the room. Interested in staying cupped during the backswing, particularly early.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 18:  Played 9, didn’t do great due to my chipping and putting.  

I may not hit the ball far, but at least I find all of the pretty flowers. 

Day 9:

Mobile post from last night didn't go through. Played 18 this morning. Had to fight my body because I only slept 3 hours, and left my breakfast protein bar at home, but when I executed well I hit good shots. There were also some real stinkers. 

Edited by Darkfrog

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 19:  Had an hour lesson and focused on my swing path.  Gotta back to those big body movements.  

I may not hit the ball far, but at least I find all of the pretty flowers. 

Day 239: 8/18/24

Putting practice through 50 mm gates. Hit the first gate and made the next 51. Almost perfect. Haven’t played much lately but putting has been a bright spot. Gained 3.25, 5.1 and 1.20 strokes putting my last three rounds versus my 7.1 handicap.

Day 108 (18 Aug 24) -  Got in the planned 9 today at Star Hill, the course near the beach place…It has 3 nine hole tracts, finally played the third tract (the Sands) as I’ve played the other two (Pines and Lakes) a couple times each.  The starter even asked if I wanted to play the Pines as I was solo, I told him no as I had never played the Sands.  He said good deal, just follow those guys.  TBH it was a hoot with 15–20 mph SSW winds that crossed, tailed and headed on some form on every hole.  Still a solid 42 for me off the whites (really should have played up to the golds).  Was a day of “wind based” course management…loved the tail winds, struggled the head winds and tried to compensate for the side winds.  A good day of golf. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 654, August 18, 2024

Drove home from North Carolina today and just got some mirror work in with the HackMotion after decompressing a bit. 😄 

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 32: practiced putting for about an hour. Working in that 3-9 foot range mostly. 

-- Daniel

Day 109 (19 Aug 24) - net set up in the backyard. Spent some time with setup and making solid contact - hit 6i, 7i and PW.  Good session, love the sound of a well hit ball and when the same slaps into the target….ka - pow! 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 33: did a stack session

-- Daniel

• Administrator

Day 655, August 19, 2024

Practiced before some lessons. Path is still a little left when I focus almost entirely on the backswing stuff, but… that's fine. Known solution there.