IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 658, August 22, 2024

Practiced for two hours before lessons. Shorter, shorter, shorter. Preserves the wrist angles.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 224 - I played 9 holes this evening. Nothing was horrible, but nothing was good. It seemed like I insisted on wasting one stroke per hole, which never bodes well. 

Day 113 (23 Aug 24) -  What started as the Friday men’s group 18 hole round became 27 when my son and grandson wanted to play nine.  Got in some solid work based on the drills of the past few days.  Overall game was so-so, weather was good, company was awesome - made for a solid Friday of golf.

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 659, August 23, 2024

Practiced after a playing lesson on the course for 45 minutes. Shorter is better.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 244: 8/23/24

Small bucket at the range working on backswing sequence. Finished the night with putts along a 3’ ruler.

Day 13:

Played 18 at Northwood Golf Club, a cool little 9-hole MacKenzie muni in the coastal redwoods near Guerneville, CA. Fun course, cool greens, could have been in better condition but for $48 no complaints. Played a lot of “positional” shots out of the trees. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 37: prep before 3 days of golf. Hit 40 balls, focusing on long clubs. Was pretty damn good. Then putted for about 45 minutes, primarily working on putts from 3-10 feet. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator

Day 660, August 24, 2024

Hit balls for 30 minutes after lessons. Cupped, short, throw.

Day 14:

Did a bunch of rehearsals/slow swings in patio door mirror. Then some yardstick putting.

-Peter

Day 38: played 18. Knocked off a birdie challenge hole, otherwise, not great. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 114 (24 Aug 24) -  some work at the net this pm with a couple of adders - foot spray and divot board along with the ball behind the club to keep takeaway shallower. Primary focus was on getting consistent center of club face (only worked with 9i) and getting solid thru the call contact.  Swung at about 60% speed (what felt like it) to keep things in good sequence.  Hit maybe a total of 30 balls…here’s a photo of the setup: IMG_8414.thumb.jpeg.cd69ffb84cb47d2739e2d38ea143cf91.jpeg

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 15:

Played 18. Aside from one shank, and one bladed half wedge, it was a good round. Could have putted better.

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 661, August 25, 2024

Got 30 minutes in before a good long GEARS lesson with a very good player. Twisting felt a little stranger today. Spent a little time on the grip. I need to replace it on my practice club soon as it's worn out in the left thumb area pretty badly.

Day 115 (25 Aug 24) - An easy session with the MacGregor 7i and hard balls into the net.  This club will let you know if you miss hit and reward when you get it solid.  Love the concentration this requires to get a smooth thru the ball swing.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star