IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 18- 30 minutes of putting practice through smallest putting gate.  I use the claw and worked on some conventional grip putting. I almost never hit the gates with the claw from 11”, but hit it about half the time with conventional.  Not ready to change!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 17:

Weird practice day today. Continued working on grip and backswing while hitting balls at 3/4 speed, but for some reason I shanked maybe 12 of 15 balls. So I just stopped and went inside to eat and relax for a bit. Later I did some slow rehearsals and grip practice using patio door as a mirror.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 64 (9/27/22). I worked on the impact preset drill. Driver, foam balls. Then went to real balls and tried to get to the same impact position from a normal address and about a 1/2 length backswing. Finished with a few minutes of the same thing with an old 2 iron. 

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Day 19- worked on backswing drills my instructor gave me focusing on keeping my left arm straight, and not over swinging.  Finished with putting practice down a ruler - which is  not as easy as putting through the smallest gates!

Day 105 (28 Sep 22) - Played 18 with son and grandson today at Minnesott.  Continued to apply the changes that I have been working on.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 203.  Five minute wind down after work today;  two tilt drill, one arms drill, then repeat once.  I wanted to get a few shots in, and I was able to keep them slow and rehearsed, but I'm not sure I have the energy to go past five minutes today. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 18:

Same thing as last week+, today worked with driver and almost golf balls.

-Peter

Day 65 (9/28/22): More impact pre-set drills, transitioning to 1/2 swings and looking for the same impact feel. Tonight I was hitting them fat and getting poor contact. I concentrated on leading more with the lower body on the forward swing and both low point and contact improved. I played the front 9 at Winged Foot with a friend (simulator) and shot 40, with a double on the 1st hole. Striking has definitely improved in these 65 days. More of it in the last week or so, after the golf lesson. 

JP Bouffard

Day 106 (29 Sep 22) - Continued work on setup and grip change, focused on making bump and runs with the 9i.  Bump and run goal was to use the pins setup in the yard as landing targets, worked on landing ball soon enough to allow for roll out to within 10’ circle of pin.  Success rate about 60%, getting 3 out of 5 inside the circle. 

Edited by WillieT
Grammar

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 20- worked on speed training for about 20 minutes while incorporating the swing changes I have been working on since July 1.  Finished with putting down a ruler and did better tonight versus last night.

Day 19:

Did snot zone mapping with 7-iron and Mevo+. Pretty happy with dispersion, although everything a bit left of target. However it was was dark out and I am not sure if I had the device aligned correctly since I couldn't use the camera.

-Peter

Day 204.  Fit for Golf, in-season workout phase 1 workout b.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 66 (9/29/22): Went backwards today a little. I wanted to see if I could improve my wedge striking and hit 2 sand wedges. I began with impact pre-set drills. But I rushed my way into full swings and started paying too much attention to launch monitor numbers. I lost the feel that I had been building up, and started raking balls and didn't realize what I was doing for nearly an hour. I stopped and went back to the impact preset drills, but by this time I was feeling a bit sore in the lower back and needed to stop. It will probably take a couple of days and alot of patience to fix this and get back to where I was. 

JP Bouffard

Day 107 (30 Sep 22) - Mirror work (rainy day in Eastern NC) worked on backswing rotation - focused on staying centered and not reverse pivoting.  Getting more comfortable with this drill finishing weight forward.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 1: Started practicing again. Worked on my PP and also on focus during backswing. I’ve developed a tendency to lose sight of the ball during the backswing especially at transition. So I slowed things down and worked on that for a while. Also did short game chips and sand.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 21 - Putting practice on a ruler and through the smallest gate.  Did very well on the ruler, but tempo has increased.  Will need to watch this.  Definitely doing well starting putts on line.

Day 67 (9/30/22): Today I went back to preset drills. I did a short session of them, then went to abbreviated backswing swings, trying to capture the same feel. Then I played a simulated round, trying to see how often I could get the impact position with real swings in a real round. I give myself a C. I think I probably executed the move correctly in maybe 1/3 of the full swings. A second third were not perfect but better than my usual swing. The other 1/3 were bad swings, the old swing. I also felt a little pain in my neck and so I was swinging sort of easy, and I skipped post-round practicing to rest it. 

JP Bouffard