IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 147 (09 Nov 22) - Full swing drill in backyard today w/7i and hard foam balls.  Worked on key focus points - setup, grip, alignment, torso rotation. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 9, November 9, 2022

Worked with HackMotion for about 45 minutes, some of which was just messing around and some of which was putting, but a good 20 minutes of which was trying to use the Biofeedback mode to make some swings.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

day 4, broke my driver shaft yesterday and managed to find one (Diamana Whiteboard) in stiff with the correct mizuno-adapter in a shop 2 minutes away from my house.. last one they had as well, so I bought it and tested it out.. I wasn't in the best form myself, but the shaft did well. 
Once I was home I removed the standard grip and put a MCC plus 4 in midsize on. 

cheers Chris

Day 148 (10 Nov 22) - Day of travel with wife, son and grandson to visit kids in BeantownUsed some of the idle time to work on swing mechanics (weight transfer, body rotation, finish).  It’s a good thing when you can comfortably do the weight shift to the lead foot without fear of pain.  These drills have helped overcome that fear. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

day 5 - Thursdays I train at the pool, so no time for the driving range, but I did spend about 10 minutes on my putting mat at home. 

cheers Chris

• Administrator

Day 10, November 10, 2022

Practiced for a few hours downtown, then played 18 holes at Lake View with a friend. Definitely working on the right things (same as the old things).

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

day 6 - spent 2 hours on the driving range getting used to the new driver shaft at first, then practicing on the toptracer, initially for an hour and then a friend showed up and we played the "old course" on the toptracer.. 

cheers Chris

• Administrator

Day 11, November 11, 2022

Slow motion stuff at home while watching some videos and getting some paperwork and other needed stuff done.

day 7 - had 2 hours group lesson (the last one for this season) where we looked at some technical aspects. In my case it was focusing on the takeaway. I then still spent another hour on the range afterwards.

cheers Chris

• Administrator

Day 12, November 12, 2022

Hit balls for ten minutes after Junior Elite stuff. Really, really didn't want to as I got my COVID booster (#4 total) yesterday, and then slept about 40 minutes last night. I feel like 💩 right now. But I did hit some.

day 8 - played 16 holes at a new (to me) course, which is relatively close by.. It went quite well, despite having made some stupid mistakes - could only play 16 holes as it then got too dark to finish the last 2 holes. The course is really nice, so I am contemplating getting a membership there and stay at the course where I am currently a member of just for the training (they only have 9 holes, but one of Europe's best training facilities, so different types of memberships)

cheers Chris

• Administrator

Day 13, November 13, 2022

Hit balls for 15 minutes after Sunday JEP. Still just working on the backswing and the transition into the downswing. Cuz that's what I do.

day 9 - spent 2 hours on the toptracer again, doing some target practice and playing the London GC Heritage course. I can see from the distances that it's getting colder (we had 4 degrees Celsius today), as the balls definitely go shorter than when it's nice and warm.

cheers Chris

Day 1:

Finally feeling 100% and ready to get back to regular practice. Easy one today, had a lesson in the morning.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 14, November 14, 2022

Worked for a little bit after a good GEARS session with a student. Same things: elbow folds (wrists hinge) earlier, throwing down and away without a ton of cupping.

day 10 - went to the range for an hour before closing to do some drills.. focused primarily on impact position 

cheers Chris

• Administrator

Day 15, November 15, 2022

Light day today. Just a little GEM work while doing some video work and other stuff. The tweets I sent this morning took a longer amount of time than I wish they had, too. 😄

day 11 - had a lesson and we focused again on the takeaway that we discussed last time, ensuring there are checks that I can do when practicing it..

cheers Chris